SYNOPSIS
160 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For more than a century, the Mafia crime families gained strong influence and power that reached all levels of American society. Throughout the decades, New York City has been the home of eleven borgate (or 'families') in the country, and in neighboring states two.

The Big Apple has become the most diverse city known to provide equal rights among Alphas, Betas, and Omegas. But this is only as far as the naked eye could see. Scratch the surface just a little and one will see the ugliness that lies beneath.

Within the world of the Mafia, discrimination against Omegas is tangible, one could almost taste it. Alphas remain on top of the hierarchy, while Omegas can never go beyond the title of a made-man, the lowest-ranking member of the Mafia.

Worse still, the less fortunate Omegas are often trafficked or sold to brothel owners in red-light districts. The more ambitious ones, on the other hand, try to win the high stakes by marrying into Mafia families in the hopes of becoming the "dam" – a mother capable of producing Alphas to secure a family's future generation.

New York City alone is no safe place for dogs without a master. But for the Lone Wolf, Giovanni "Gianni" Mancuso, even the masters are willing to bow down to him. At 27, Gianni has become the top marksman in the entire state, becoming the most sought-after assassin among the mob. After severing his ties from the most affluent crime family, the Marquesa, Gianni now lives the life of an associate – a masterless mercenary ready to kill for anyone who can offer a handsome reward.

With 268 kills and leaving no trace of evidence behind, the Lone Wolf is a trump card any crime family would be willing to steal from the clutches of others. But there's only one problem to his seemingly flawless portfolio: The Lone Wolf is an Omega.

But Gianni is a very rare exception, with a unique position at the core of the Cosa Nostra. Having been raised into the Marquesa family, he created a strong bond of friendship with Valentina Marquesa, the only child and heiress to the crime family's name. There has never been a camaraderie so strong and unshakeable. Both were trained to become leaders with iron fists – in their own right.

But when Alessio De Laurentis, the dashing gray-eyed Alpha and first-born son of the De Laurentis crime family came into their lives, a crack begins to appear in Gianni and Valentina's relationship.

Alessio is set to marry Valentina to strengthen the bond between two crime families that share the same, strong ambition to expand their influence over other borgate. But while Valentina loves the idea of marrying the most promising bachelor among the Cosa Nostra, Alessio on the other hand, has his eyes set on someone else: her best friend Gianni. Rumor has it, that the two are even a Fated Pair – a mate-bond so rare and powerful it is almost passed up as a legend.

On the night before the wedding, Alessio and Gianni were set to part ways but in the heat of the moment, commit a grave mistake that would change their lives forever...

 


 

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

0