Chapter 10: Thread Examination
388 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Storage Tent - Midnight

Spoiler
Name: None
Age: 3 Day
Race: Haunted Rag
Monster Level: 2/10
Titles: Reincarnated Soul, Otherworlder
Factions: None Affiliated
Stats:
Toughness: F-
Energy Pools:
Soul Pool: (0/2)
Passive Skills:
Enhanced Repair: Lv.1
Item Status: Lv. 1
Self-Buff; Subordination: Lv. 1
Active Skills:
Soul Arts: Lv. 2
[collapse]

 

...Doesn't seem like anything new had appeared on my status, as I slink further into my hiding spot.

As I had hoped to see if there was something I was missing about gaining a new skill or if I was mistaken.

Though it becomes apparent that I didn't miss anything, as it seems I didn't gain any new active skills.

 

But what else could I be training now? I grumbled to myself as I move the status sheet up and down in frustration.

Looking over my status, I try to come up with any kind of training I could do with the skills I have on my sheet.

As a refresher, what was the exact text on my Soul Arts skill? I might glean something useful now that I'm no longer panicking as I had during my arrival.

 

Spoiler
Active Skill: Soul Arts Lv.1

A skill that is awakened by jobs and monsters who have a potent affinity to the ethereal realm and their soul. As a result of obtaining the Spirit Pool stat and enduring the process of rebirth with intact memories, this skill has been acknowledged by the world. This skill allows the user the ability to use the energy within their soul that is usually left inert, to perform feats normally associated with denizens of the ethereal realm and spiritual beings.

 (Translucency, Paralysis.)

[collapse]

 

After rereading the paragraph once more, I note the many references to the ethereal realm and spiritual beings, coming to a simple conclusion. 

So this skill is associated with the ethereal realm? I wonder what kind of place that is for this to be an ordinary skill.

While I'm in my revelry, trying to imagine a place full of ghosts, I notice a small addition to the text of my active skill below the original text.

 

What are those two words at the bottom there? Translucency and Paralysis?

What is that post to reference? Is it recording what I'm doing with my skill or something?

Wait, if it is, are those two words referring to the effects that had occurred with my uses. . .

 

Now that I think about it, the first effect I used with my Soul Art was making a crate see-through, would that be considered Translucency?

Though I can only confirm it 100% with some actual use of my Soul Arts at some point, something about my theory feels right?

If I do use that logic that every time I used my Soul Arts that something new pops up.  Then wouldn't the second time I used it gave me paralysis?

 

That does fit well with the different effects that had occurred during the occasions I used my skill.

Though that drives a question for me, am I getting these because every use of a skill grant's them? or...

Is it because I should already be able to use them, to begin with?...

 

Once I remove the thought that my skill with Soul Arts may potentially be terrible.

I congratulate myself for working out my fabulous theory as I return to my sheet and notice something else that catches my sight.

Wait, wasn't my Age something like one day? Did a day already pass for me?

 

How long have I been awake if a day has already passed? As confusion begins to pass through my thoughts.

Trying to recall if my perception of time was different or if just took a while to fight the mouse.

. . . I think I'll wait to look back at that when I have the interest to do so, as right now I want to decide what I want to do for training.

 

As I must imagine if this place is like those games those little ones like to go on about.

I should be able to get new skills if this system acknowledges my work. Though perhaps I would be better served to work on my passive skills. 

The problem is that I have one skill that probably requires harm and another that requires the most insufferable thing to occur once more.

 

I can't also afford to make noise, because if I'm discovered I have no idea if they would see me as an ally or as an intruder on their turf.

If it was my old self, I could only imagine my annoyance at seeing a rat scurrying bout my shop and stomping it out.

While I imagine that scene the tent flap opens, and I immediately shove myself deeper between crates as whatever entered begins to move crates around at the tent entrance.

 

I wait up to a solid minute (I hope it was a minute?), slinking out of my hidey-hole to glance around the center at the arrival carefully.

Appears a new skeleton had wandered into the storage tent while holding a large sword that was snapped in half, though it still looked sharp.

Perhaps if I had more of an interest in my old life, I could identify whatever that old hunk of iron used to be but I know nothing.

 

Closest I got to them in my old life was the swords I saw in a museum or used by one of the street meatheads.

There was no time to waste on such ornery displays of aggression when a gunshot or pepper spray did the trick far better.

I still remember the day one of my thugs was arguing with me that a sword was just as unassuming a weapon as a baseball bat.

 

Even now it feels almost silly seeing a sword when they were just a relic of the past.

Though that circles back to the question. What am I supposed to do now, that I have another sword nut skeleton in my tent? 

I could try to train my Enhanced Repair skill, but there is nothing here that wouldn't make noise when ripping a piece of cloth.

 

Though before I could muster a spark of hope that the skeleton would just walk right back out after finding whatever it wanted.

It begins to shove some crates aside, making a space for itself, as it even takes care to set down the snapped sword.

I can't help but begin to find frustration boiling upwards in my mind, as I stare and acknowledge that it might be a while before I'm free from this mouse.

 

Due to some events occurring in real life, I had to delay the chapter a few extra days.

Regardless, enjoy the chapter.

 

18