1.10
145 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hatred chilled his blood.

Every look he gave the monster behind him disgusted him.

He couldn't wait to plunge his ugly grimace into the water, to fill the throat and lungs that could only spit big, arrogant words with water, and to show him his weakness as he dragged him with him into the depths of the infinite sea.

He barely braked as he quickly turned the steering wheel in as far as it would go just before the end of the jetty.

The car made a 90° turn before coming to a stop. The outcry of the animal behind him simultaneously delighted and repulsed him.

He quickly got out of the car, pulled out his knife, and only then did he open the car door, which was locked with a child safety lock.

The creature behind it had huddled together as far away from him as possible, but he didn't care.

He grabbed the hair on its head with his free hand and yanked on it.

It screamed in pain, scratching his arms to tear itself free, but as soon as the knife took its place again, it dared not move a muscle despite the pain. Its widened eyes quivering and tearing up while looking at the blade before it.

Deadly white, drenched in sweat, smeared with saliva, tears, and snot.

How splendidly pathetic.

But he could not rejoice in that scene, the corners of his mouth bent even further towards the ground.

Incredibly fast, he cut across the shoulder of the creature in front of him, piercing through skin and flesh and severing the sinews beneath with impressive precision.

Blood splattered as the knife left the muscles again, splattered on the ground, splattered on the faces of both, and it screamed, screamed, screamed.

It pressed a hand to the wound, red drops rolling down its hand, dripping onto the floor.

It was only at this sight that he felt a little better.

He wanted them to suffer.

Wanted them to live through his pain, however small it was.

Just as he was about to carve into the creature's flesh once more, the loud screech of an engine approaching sounded.

He looked up. A bus was speeding towards them, without batting an eyelash, he pulled the beast by its hair to the side.

Certainly, the bus was driven by one of the bodyguards who followed him.

He snorted contemptuously, but the next moment any words he wanted to say, were stuck in his throat.

Countless eyes stared back at him, faces contorted in sheer terror.

And in front of all of them, Joachim.

He could see Joachim desperately trying to stop the bus, but the moment the latter raised his eyes, all he could see was the black car.

Shock and horror caused his expression to freeze.

BOOM!

The bus crashed into the car.

The car crunched and buckled under the impact, but the speed of the bus hardly decreased.

They both fell over the edge of the jetty, down, into the blue of the sea.

Kay could no longer move.

Coldness gripped his being.

Yet he was granted no break.

Shortly after the bus plunged and disappeared, one of Frank's bodyguards ran toward him, hoping to take advantage of his surprise.

Holding the blade closer to Frank's throat, Kay forced himself to wake up from his fright.

The bodyguard stopped, however, Kay could hear more cars approaching.

He didn't dare inflict another injury on Frank, because if he moved the knife even a little, the bodyguard would subdue him.

The other cars finally stopped.

Four people got out of each of the cars, all of them with pistols in their hands, except for one person.

Frank who was still whimpering in pain, started to cry at the sight of the last person to emerge from the cars, "Pa-,Papa, Papa! H-help me!"

The man, Frank's father, owner of BlueBird just smiled mildly.

Nothing was going as planned.

How long had he prepared for this day?

Years.

Many years ago, Nick just spilled the news.

Sentences that told of the crash of his life's goal, spat out so lightly after a night of alcohol.

Wouldn't it be funny?

Was it funny to destroy his career, from which his parents hoped for the greatest prestige and therefore made him train all his life?

Was it funny to deprive him of his only sense of freedom?

And all this, while keeping him in the belief that he had actually been saved by them.
That's why he swore revenge.

He never leaked anything, prepared everything secretly, contacted the interpreter through a false address, which he changed over and over again to book him for various events. All this for one special night.

That night when he killed Nick was only two days ago.

But the satisfaction of having inflicted him pain and having killed him did not last long, no, it was never there.

Out of rage he tore Nick's body into thousands of pieces and scattered them.

It stressed him, he doubted the legitimacy of his motivation.

At that moment, Aaron found him.

Aaron had known about his plans from the beginning but still supported him without asking a single question.

He reassured him and helped him back to his feet.

He knew Aaron admired him, even at that moment.

The murder would be solved sooner or later, in fact, they all should never have left the country in these circumstances, but Frank's ignorance and arrogance played right into their hands.

So the trip proceeded as planned.

All the time he was on the verge of eruption, which was why in the deepest of night, he once again did the only thing that gave him joy.

Every night he jumped, but with every night the frustration devoured him more.

Until the moment they reached their destination, and he could finally leave the prison on wheels.

With a single sentence.

Kay returned to reality, children's screams and shouts sounded behind him, a woman yelled something and water splashed.

His gaze jerked backward briefly, he caught sight of a woman leaning her upper body under the jetty, towards the sea, yelling without stopping, children lying on the jetty completely soaked, gasping for air and unable to stop crying, but all their eyes were fixed on one spot under the jetty.

"I'm sorry, too."

Kay now understood why he had apologized.

His gaze swept back to the front.

Cold, iron pistols, which assured certain death.

With all his strength, Kay chopped at Frank's back, the knife's entry followed an echoing crack. Frank crumpled to the floor in a bloodcurdling scream.

Surprise crossed Frank's father's face, but Kay didn't stay long enough to admire his expression.

He turned on his heel and rushed toward the end of the jetty.

"Don't shoot!"

He planted one foot after another; when he reached the proper distance, he pushed off with his legs.

Pain shot through his whole body, originating in his right knee.

But he jumped, jumped and flew as if he possessed wings.

Flew over the heads of the children and woman.

"Now, now, now!"

Bullets shot through the air, ripping the air apart and tearing through his stomach.

But it didn't matter, because now he knew:

He never wanted to become the same kind of monster.

He dove into the cold water.

4