2.2
103 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A whole new world appeared before Januar's eyes.

Actually, the surroundings weren't that different from his room, still a plain white with pink doors all around. But the sheer liveliness of the scene, brought about by the number of people walking here and there, was exhilarating.

The nurse on Januar's side gently urged him to continue walking. Januar hobbled slowly, plainly staring at the people passing by them. There were a lot of nurses, some doctors and even fewer people clothed in a pale blue like Januar himself, this group was always accompanied by one or two nurses.

Were they patients as well?

But they didn't seem to have any injuries?

The male nurse kept dragging Januar forward, too fascinated by all the people around him, Januar didn't even notice them arriving in front of a big wing door with windows just at a height to comfortably look through.

Startled by the sudden movement of the door as the nurse opened it, Januar looked in front and discovered a hall with countless tables and chairs scattered around.

There were also a lot of patients in blue around, talking, writing, playing games, some of them glancing in Januar's direction. This attention made Januar a bit uncomfortable, he unconscioulsy straightened a few wrinkles in his blue dress and looked to the ground, not daring to stare at them as he did at the nonchalant doctors.

The nurse showed Januar to a table, picked a chair for him and beckoned him to sit down. Januar followed his instructions, with a light smile the nurse passed Januar a sketch book and a few coloring pencils. After that he withdrew to the side of the room next to the other nurses.

Without the nurse at his side Januar helplessly glanced around. What exactly was he supposed to do now?

Before he could worry about this part any longer, two patients sat down next to him.

Januar looked up to the patients' faces, one of them had orange hair and blue eyes, he smiled brightly but Januar didn't find this smile to be genuine for some reason. The other patient had black hair and dark green eyes, he stared at the orange haired patient not even sparing Januar one glance.

After settling comfortably in his seat the orange-haired patient opened his mouth, it was probably an introduction, because shortly after he streched out his right hand, waiting for Januar to grab it.

Puzzled by the other's enthusiasm Januar lightly shook his hand, without introduction of course, how was a person that didn't know their own name supposed introduce themselves anyways?

The other party's mood didn't seem to dampen one bit despite Januar's otherwise rude sloppines. He began to talk again, at the start he would occasionally stop and look at Januar, but seeing that Januar attentievely listenened to him, the words just continued to flood out of his mouth.

Januar who hadn't listened to the other patient in the first place, thought about how he would be able to figure out his 'Quest' now that he was outside.

Unfortunately the only one who listened to Orange (as Januar decided to call him from now on) with a feverent expression on his face was the black haired man he had brought with him.

As Orange continued his 'epic' tale, Januar began to scribble on a sheet of paper. Well, it must have looked like scribble to other people but it was notes for Januar to write down the things he knew at the moment.

He still hoped to finish his 'Quest' and return home, but even after he returned, there was still the whole attacker situation, that has yet to be solved. He could already feel his heart clench in anxiety.

Without warning, the block with his notes was snatched from under his pen. Januar looked up in surprise and watched Orange swing the sketch book around in happiness pointing at it, overjoyed for some unexplainable reason.

Orange laughed happily and stepped forward to hug Januar. He tightly wrapped his arms around Januar and pressed him against his chest, jumping in glee.

In utmost confusion, Januar tried to escape Orange's clutches, especially since he rubbed some of Januar's injuries after his outburst. Januar couldn't even stumble one step back from Orange before another pair of arms joined the hug, ultimately transforming it into a tight group hug.

This made Januar very uncomfortable, he had no idea what the whole thing was about and the longer he was wrapped by the others' embrace the more desperately he wanted to get out, because they kept on aggravating his injuries. But no matter how much he pushed them away his strength was too feeble to move them.

Fortunately at that moment, a familiar face appeared and started to systematically seperate the three of them. Januar wanted to cry from relief as he watched his savior.

In addition to his nurse, there were a few others stepping forward to help Januar.

But Orange wasn't so easy to get rid off. He held onto Januar with all his might, only after wrestling for a long time did Orange let go and was dragged away by two nurses extremely unwilling. Greenie (Orange's quiet but friend) obediently followed Orange and the nurses.

The male nurse next to Januar patiently waited for Januar to calm down and take his crutch before they also departed from the hall. Some of Januar's injuries had started to bleed again because of the scuffle, so they had be redressed.

***

"Let go of me!! You don't understand, I've found a fellow transmigrator from my world! I need to discuss some things with him, it's of greatest importance!"

Despite the strong retaliation from the orange haired man the nurses just continued to drag him along. Without a care for his nonesense.

Everyone knew that this mental patient's favourite past time was talking nonesense about being a transmigrator from a post-apocalyptic world. Because of his tendency of putting himself and others (especially his litte follower) in harm's way while trying to prove his nonsense, he was brought here.

Constantine watched the scene with mild interest, he was a bit curious what agitated him so much about the new patient that made him so excited.

From what he could tell the other person looked very normal, blond hair with slight tint of red which made it look almost pink, which fit in perfectly with this hospital. Judging from his appearance and behavior he was also around the same age as Constantine, 15 or 16.

Watching the new patient leave with a nurse, Constantine stood up to look at the now forgotten sketch book.

After picking it up and taking a look at its contents, he couldn't help raising his brows. With a slight smile on his face he ripped out the front page and stuffed it into his pocket.

5