Ch 14 : No Purpose… none at all
62 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{I will ensure that you two don’t die... probably}

Huh... Probably? Heck, we were very nervous and this anonymous voice didn’t sound trustworthy at all. But nevertheless, we had no choice but to trust whoever this person was.

{We need to kill them is what the guide says....} was the last statement before silence swept. This statement was still echoing in my ears. The air felt suffocating.

After what felt like an eternity, the leader broke the silence

{Yeah, sure. But since you were at fault, you need to take responsibility.}

[Dream and Fear] was still trembling. {Do... do we really need to kill them? Can’t we...}

Even before she finished her statement, the leader released an intimidating aura. It felt like a warning.

I couldn’t feel my legs in this situation. The reality dawned upon me. There is no way... no way we can make out of here alive. I didn’t have any trust in that unknown voice.

In this deafening silence and intimidating aura, one person came forward. It had a strange and abstract appearance.
{If it’s not a problem, may I please interject?}

The leader turned towards the source of the voice.
[Yes, speak]

[This may seem odd but actually, there is no provision in our guidebook regarding what to be done with these kids].

Another person interjected. She had a lady-like appearance with pointy ears. [What do you even know? It’s not been a month since you became a constellation. Add to that you are a fake. No wonder you still have this abstract shape and have got [No purpose] for your existence.].

Then she turned towards the leader. [Sir, I am really sorry that someone under me interrupted you. He is still immature. Please forgive him.]

The leader turned towards the lady and released another bout of aura. [Quiet. I am having a conversation. How dare you interject?]

Then he turned to the abstract person and asked him to continue.

[Well... As you all know that according to our guide, if the concerned person tries to travel/experience another world, he/she must be killed.
But in this case, it was an error from one of our own and these kids have no role. There is no rule about what to do with them. If we kill them and our rivals get to know about this incident.
Then, they will blame us for trying to push the blame and kill the concerned parties. It will negatively affect our reputation. I request you to reconsider the decision to kill them. ]

The leader pondered over it and called for a meeting of 4 people. It seemed like there was some sort of hierarchy besides the leader.
The leader asked that abstract person to take care of us in the meantime.

I and my sister were holding our hands together and were shivering. This situation was a bit too much for us.
That abstract person came to us and he released some sort of aura, which calmed our nerves. It felt very pleasing.

[We have been observing you for 2 days now. If you two just dismissed it as a dream we would have let the situation slide but well here we are now.]
[And you can ask me anything. Just think in your mind. I will hear.]
Apparently, he was talking to us 2 only.

I was reluctant to ask anything. Maybe they are testing us. Whether we would be tight-lipped when we were back home or something like that.

But, [Who are you??] My sister asked in a trembling voice. It shook me, I was half-convinced that maybe our heads will fly the next second.
But all that concern was for nought, and this person... or rather [The Special] constellation, as I will call him in the future, will become my mentor in the far, far future.
And he was definitely not a [No purpose] constellation, but someone I respected deeply.

5