Ch 2: A mysterious Place
239 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I remembered my heart beating violently, I remembered running as hard as I could. Escaping from something, carrying someone in my hands. But whom was I carrying, whom I was escaping from? Even more, who am I? These were my thoughts when I opened my eyes.

I can’t remember a damn thing. But what I remember is the terror I was in. I am really glad to escape.

But where am I? I tried to remember, tried to remember any detail I can but alas, I can’t! I am getting frustrated. I am panicking. Not good, not good. Even though I remember nothing, I have a feeling, a gut feeling, that the situation I was in before was because I made some poor decisions while panicking. There was no way to verify it, but I decided to trust my feelings and resolved not to panic.

I don’t seem to remember anything about myself. But let’s not panic. I took a deep breath and calmed myself. And then I inspected my surroundings. The floor was made of stone, interesting. I could feel cold air swaying my hair, a device that can change air-flow to this degree!! What kind of sorcery is this? But I didn’t panic. I knew that if I want to get out of here, I need to remain calm and composed.

I cast stealth magic on myself. Although, it’s no use against beasts who can smell us and only can spark their curiosity. But, if it’s humans or related species I am against, I will fully use it.

And thus, I tried to cast stealth magic on myself, but somehow I could not. Is there a device that is cutting my magic flow? My heart raced again. No, I need to calm myself, I have decided not to panic, not to repeat my mistakes over and over. The priority is to escape from this place.

And thus, quietly, I started moving, and kept moving. Until I heard some whispers. Should I listen to them? Of-course not, I just have to mind my business… and yet curiosity won over me. I started walking towards the sound, slowly and quietly. I can hear the sounds of various people. There are also sounds of kids just like me. Were they also kidnapped like me? I did not know such people might roam in our territory.

‘Our Territory??’ Wait, who am I? Was the person in my arm also kidnapped like me? Who was that person?

Ah, my head hurts again.

I decide it is not the time to think about such things, I need to escape this place and that too before they discover I am missing. With that thought, I turned around to escape, but suddenly the door opened. I quickly hid behind a partition created out of wood. I have not seen such refined craft before, but it’s not the time to think about that.

“Ah, I have not slept for days!!”, I heard a woman’s voice. She seems to be really frustrated.

“It’s only 24 hours, my dear”, came another taunting voice.

“And what about you? You sleep every night in peace. Today you need to watch over the kids.” She seemed to be furious.

“Okay, okay, dear. Now calm down. Drink this and go to sleep.” A guy brought something in a glass and gave it to the lady.

“Ah sorry, it’s just that I am so tired and ....”

“I get it, okay. Don’t feel bad. I will take care of the kids, so just calm down and go to sleep.”

Suddenly, it feels a little strange. Aren’t they caring a little too much about some kids whom they have kidnapped? It just felt plain odd.

Ah, the guy has started walking, I need to escape quickly. I quickly got up to escape, but.

THUD

I fell down with a bang. Ah shit, it’s over. I am going to die. My heart started racing again. I quickly tried to think, but no matter what, I can’t think. I am just panicking. Just a few minutes ago I decided not to panic, but here I am panicking again in a disadvantageous position.

Whatever, I am dead. I resigned myself to fate and closed my eyes.

And thus, I waited... and waited... But nothing happened, nothing!

I opened my eyes, and the guy was just walking around without noticing me. I got curious.

[Hello]

No Response

[HELLO, HELLO!!]

 I shouted, but again there was no response.

I can’t understand this situation. I stood up and walked in front of him, but he wasn’t even noticing me. He was looking at something in his palm [Author: Seriously, another Mobile Addict!!]

I tried to wave my hands, but no response. I don’t understand. Is he ignoring me? Trying to make fun of me? While I thought about that, suddenly the guy moved.

Oh wait, what is he doing? He will collide with me. Wait. But, but... The collision never happened. He passed through me.

And I thought, “Am I dead?”

 

6