Ch 4 : Live and Let Live
121 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
In case you haven't noticed, normal conversation is in "...", thoughts are in '...' and the things Anish (aka our dream boy who thinks he is dead AFAIK) just shouts out which sadly nobody can hear are in [...] .

The father's thought 'Ah, I am going to die' brought a smile on my face and suddenly everything went dark.

Instantly, I remembered the memories from my life. I closed my eyes and processed all the memories from my life. My little Chloe, my big brother Harry, mother, father and my friends. I felt a little sad at the thought I might never meet them again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and suddenly I was at a different place than before. Was this a dream? Am I back home? But reality wasn't so nice.
I inspected the surroundings and there were a lot of kids around my age. What is this place?

I was standing next to a boy who seems to be as old as me. His face strikingly resembles the kid I just saw. I tried remembering the name of that kid but failed.

Suddenly I hear an intimidating voice. “Class 5A, assemble. Form a line and come to the ground for morning prayers”.
I look around and found the source of the voice to be a female adult.

All the students replies in a loud but lagging voice, "Yes Maaammmmmmmm."

With this I realize that this must be an academy.
[Academy? Huh, Magic Academy??] And suddenly I remember my big brother Harry who got accepted into an academy recently.
I was lost in my memories and then an intimidating voice cut off my thoughts again.

"Ravi! Quick", the Mam shouted.
Ah, I remember!! The name of that kid was Ravi huh. So, it is the same boy.
Mam was shouting but Ravi was in his own world. He bent downwards, sat on his knees and was staring at some creature.
"Ravi!! What are you doing? Quick!!", said the teacher in an angry voice.
Suddenly, the boy realizes that his teacher was standing there.

"Mam, there is an injured butterfly on the ground."
"So??"
“I will leave it in some safe place. If it remains on the ground, someone might walk over it.”

“Hnn? Oh, okay. Just be quick”, the teacher replies in an annoyed voice and left the class.

The kid was still observing the creature. So, I also decided to observe it.  For some reason, this injured creature reminds me of something. And I remembered learning about it in my Home World.

I remember that  this creature passes through various stages in it's lifecycle. At one stage of it's life, it doesn't even have wings and just crawls on the ground. After that it spins a cocoon around itself and fire mages get a very soft fabric by boiling this cocoon. That fabric is very popular among nobility and sells for a high price. It's a very valuable creature, at least until it doesn't hatches into a butterfly.

Just when I was thinking about that, Ravi talks to himself,
"What should I do? If I pick it by hand, I might hurt the butterfly. Maybe I should pick it up using paper. Also, it seems like its wing is stuck to the ground. "

[Is this boy seriously going to help this creature? I thought he was just observing it.]

Ravi runs back to his desk, opens his bag and tears a page from his copy. He then tears that page in half. He takes a bottle with him and runs to the butterfly.
He tries to pick up the butterfly on the page gently.
'Ah maybe I should drop some water drops on it's wings'
With this thought, he takes a little water in his palms, and let the excess water slide to ground through his fingers. With his fingers wet, he let the drops of water forming around his fingers drop on the butterfly's wings and tries to pick the butterfly again. Succeeding this time, he places the butterfly gently by the window.

With a satisfied and smiling face, the boy starts marching towards the ground for morning prayer.

4