Ch 5 : Who cares if an Ant dies?
100 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

WELP, how can someone be so happy after saving a butterfly!! Come-on, its not a pet dragon which you can tame and will help you grow stronger. This boy's actions don't make any sense but he looked as if he achieved a remarkable feat.

Well, whatever. At present, there is only 1 thing I am sure of. I M CURIOUS.
So, i decided to just follow this boy out of my instinct.

In my quest to stalk follow this boy, I uncovered many of his behavioral patterns. I can describe him as an absent-minded genius. He lives in his own world and is quite unaware of his surrounding. Even so, he keeps his sense active when it's about avoiding a potential injury to an animal.

Let's consider one of his behavioral pattern. The boy seems to be looking down while walking.

Why would someone do so? I was always taught that I should walk with a confident face looking forward. That's the way of knights and magicians. So, why is this boy looking down? Usually, someone who lacks self-confidence does this, atleast that's what I was taught.
That was my initial impression but I gradually dismissed it. Maybe its just a simple habit afterall.

But one day, when he was walking in the school corridor.

He suddenly stops. Takes a step back, changes his direction and takes a round trip to follow his previous path again.

Huh!! What just happened? I looked at the ground and there seems to be a colony of ants walking by there.

[Oh my Gosh!!] I exclaimed. This is the reason he walks facing the ground.

I was very puzzled by his actions. Having killed dozens of monsters, I cant relate to an act of saving a life. And that too of an insect. Or at-least that was supposed to happen, but, but ... I had a smile on my face.

I didn't even realize that I was smiling until I touched my face in a sense of amazement at the boy's actions. Only when my palms touched my lips, I realized. I realized that I care too. At least, I would like to care.

The thought that he is looking down just to avoid injuring ants on accident never crossed my mind. I am amazed. This boy is crazy and soon enough I turned into one.

This day marked a turning point in my life. This crazy boy turned my life around. But at this point I was not aware this boy was me myself. Neither did I knew that I will change my home world. Bcz as far as I knew, I was already dead.

4