Ch 6 : A genius?
87 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Realizing that I would also like to care about each and every life, I smile.
And the scenery changes again. At this point, I have just grown accustomed to it. Whenever I feel genuinely happy or smile, the scenery just changes. Ha.
The boy seems to have grown up once again. He seems to be 15-16 years now. He is now older than my brother. 

He is enthusiastically running, jumping and shouting. He has truly gone berserk.

 

"Hooray, party party!!", he shouted.

The sister seems to be studying and her expressions are becoming worse second by second.

 

"Ha, can you keep quiet, I am trying to concentrate. I have an exam tomorrow.",  with a tone which
can kill.

"Zip it. Who cares about school exams anyway?", said the boy smirking at his sister.
Seriously, if he keeps this attitude up, I am positive his death will be caused by his sister.

 

"I do. My 1st position in class is at stake. If I lose it I am going to blame you."

 

"Sis, you are taking school way too seriously, I never topped school, but look at me now. Hehe"

 

"Mom, big bro is getting arrogant again. At this rate, he will become a narcissist. I just hope, it's not too late to amend his behavior”

“I am not a narcissist. I just view things objectively. If I am good, I am good.”

“As if, I am now sure you are a narcissist.”

“Are you sure? I am pretty sure that you look up to me. Isn’t that why you are trying so hard to top school because I couldn’t.”

“That’s not why. That’s not why!”. The girl seemed to be on the edge of losing her cool. She grabbed a pillow and threw it on her brother. The brother returned the favor with an interest and thus a great battle took place.

[What the hell? What’s even happening? Is this even something to fight about?], these were my thoughts. In my family, we siblings never frighted like this!! Is this normal??

 

I am amazed to see this brother-sister pair... banter, punch and then eventually kick each other. It seems like given a chance they might put a dagger on each other's throats. Are normal siblings like that? I think I have got an understanding why other children think we siblings were unusual. After-all, we rarely fight.

Hearing the loud shouts of this sibling pair, mother came out and shouted: “RAVI! Again? You are the big brother, why are you picking a fight with your little sis?”

 

[Huh!! Isn’t this a little bit unreasonable? Well he was at fault too... but should only he be held responsible?] Seems like this is part of every family, the older sibling has to face the consequences. I will need to give a treat to my sister later on. My life was easy thanks to her.

“Mother, we were not fighting. We were just having fun. Right sis?”

 

[Huh! Is that so?], the sis glared at the brother. Seems like some form of tactical understanding. The brother’s eyes seem to say. [Hey sis, please keep quiet, I will give a treat].

“Yes mom!! We were just playing around.”

“Oh okay, I guess it’s fine then. Seems like you kids have grown enough to resolve it among yourself. Well Ravi, what were you shouting about earlier, Party? For what?”

“MOM, listen. You wont believe it !! Just listen.”

 

“Yeah-yeah, I am listening”

“ I have been selected in Physics, Math and Computational Biology Olympiads. I am the 1st person to get selected in 3 Olympiads. He-he.”

“Oh, that’s great, but doesn't the Computational Biology involved practical on animal experimentation and you didn't stand a chance?”

“I skipped that practical, and guess what, I still got 3rd place. But, I was 1st in Physics and Math. The professors believe I might be the 1st person from our country to make it to top 3 in the world Olympiad in either of Physics/Math.”

“Oh, that’s great...Amazing.... Hey Sweetie, still believe your brother is a Narcissist?"

"Huh... ", AH! The sister seems to be lost. No words coming out of her mouth. "Well, that's amazing but still why he keeps praising himself."

"Oh come-on, Let's go on a party tonight once father comes back."

 

Suddenly the sis asks, "But, would you be okay in the Computational Biology Olympiad? You will need to skip a whole practical.”

“Oh, I guess it would be fine. My professor told me that they would request the organizing committee to consider giving me an alternate practical. If they refuse, I will just skip the practical. Just think someone skipping an exam in a World Olympiad!! Maybe it will even become a World news!!”

“Don't exaggerate, well it's all fine if you are comfortable. Let's go to party then”, replies the sister.

“Sweetie, you had an exam tomorrow, will it be okay to part today?”

“Mom, I am a big girl now, don't call me sweetie. And it's just a school exam anyway, it will be okay.”

“Oh-ho, school... exam.... school exam only. But what about [Hey, my 1st place is at stake].” The boy laughed.

Now, even I was getting irritated at his behavior. If I was not in this ghost form I would have definitely punched him.

 

“Zip it. You owe me one. I don't want to spoil your good day. So just be thankful and shut up.”

 

“Okay, my lady. I will shut up. I, Ravi, will always remember this day when little sister sacrificed her 1st position for the sake of her big brother. I will remain thankful.”

 

“Cut your drama. And I am not losing my 1st position over a party.”

That night, everyone was happy, I smiled and the scene changed again!!

5