Ch 7 : I think… My sister is an Angel
81 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The scene changes. Again and Again. Ah..!! Just when things start to become fun, the scene changes!!

“The 11th Computational Biology was attended by 102 countries. For the 1st time we have crossed 100 and we will continue to grow from here. Now, I am going to announce the top 3 of the 11th Computational Biology Olympiad.”

1st place, Xi Yang from China. ‘Clap, clap’.
“No surprise, he was topping all categories.”, students murmuring.

2nd place, Alex Young from the USA.

“Yeah, that’s on expected lines, he was a close 2nd, even topped some of the categories.”
“The real deal is who gets the 3rd!!”

“Right, there is Alicia and Rocky who are competing for that position.”

“Hey, don't forget about Ravi, he was the only one besides Xi and Alex who topped some of the categories.”
“Na, he missed on the animal experiment. It's worth 30/500, no way he can be top 3.”
“But, the practical is worth only 15, the theory is worth 15 too.”
“Ah, we will see. He is announcing.”

3rd place, Ravi from ….

Pin drop silence. Not many expected that this guy would win top 3 in spite of missing on one of the practicals.
“Yeah, hooray.”
Ravi’s family is shouting from the back. But Ravi is just sitting there in a sense of disbelief. Seems like even he didn't believe that he would be 3rd.
“Hey Ravi, RAVI!!” his teammates are shouting. (In a world Olympiad, each country has a team and they are evaluated both individually and as a team)

“Thud!”.
“Ah, don't punch me.”
“If only you would listen, we wouldn’t have. Quick, go to the stage.”

“Ohhh.... yes.”

[I am happy]. Huh, what are these feelings, why am I feeling happy? It’s as if my emotions are getting connected with his. As I continue to observe the boy... it feels like a connection is being established between the 2 of us.

“So Ravi, how do you feel after getting 3rd price?”
“Ah, it feels really great.”

“Don’t you think you would have a shot at 1st place if you participated in practicals?”

“Na, I didn't want to. And even if I hypothetically did, which I wouldn't, I don't think I would have come 2nd, let alone 1st.”

“Why would you think so?”
“Just my intuition. Wasn’t my grading lenient in theory part of practical?”

“Ah that, it's okay. It was our fault in the 1st place that you had to leave practical. If only we had been informed early on. Well, we will take care of that from the next Olympiad onwards. Pity, that you wouldn’t be able to participate then.”
“Ah, it doesn't matter.”

This, this was something he felt from his heart. I just knew, it's as if his feelings are transmitted to me.

“Hey big bro, seems like you are not that big a narcissist. You have some ability to back your big tongue huh.”

 

“Oh my little sweet sis, I am always objective, what can I do if I am a genius?”

 

“Ah, I knew I shouldn't have praised you.”

“But, sis I never expected that you would actually leave an exam to come here with family. What about your 1st position in class.”

 

“Ah, it's just a unit test, and it's best of 2, I will just score full marks in the 2nd one. And why are you talking so big? You were almost crying 2 weeks ago that you had come last because of the practical, blah blah blah…. Mother and Father were so worried of you that we had to come.”

“Hey, don't talk about that. That was just a nightmare. Happens with everyone.”

“Oh, does it??”, the sister had a sinister smile.

Something big is going to happen. I can just feel it. That sinister smile is giving me shivers. Ah, is that because my emotions are connected to this boy?

“HELL..LO, HELL..LO, So a few weeks ago my brother ....”.

 

“Zip it.”, the brother said while covering the sisters loud mouth.

 

“I am sorry, okay. I will not tease you, so just stay quiet. I will also treat you okay.”

 

“Oh my sweet brother. I guess it's okay if you treat me to an ice cream”

“Okay, I will bring 2 chocolate ones.”

 

“Nah, I will be the only one who eats Ice-cream and you will just sit there watching me.”

 

“Huh!! I knew it. I knew it. You are a devil.”

“Of course, after all I am your sister”, she says with a devilish smile.

I got shivers seeing this mind battle unfold between these so called siblings. And thus I decided again, my sister is really sweet, maybe even an angel. I am definitely going to give her a treat later.

5