Ch 8 : Just some Gossip
69 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The brother seemed gloomy as he watched his sister.

[Such Delicious Ice-cream]. Yup, his thoughts are leaking!! I didn't even try to listen to his thoughts but... Well, I pity him.

“Hey Brother, don't be so sad. Take this.”

“Huh, you're letting me eat ice cream?”

“As if, why would I? Take this toffee and enjoy your life.”

“Huh? Ah sure, that was my mistake, my mistake to assume something positive out of you, devil!!”

“Okay, okay. This devil talk has reached its expiry point, okay. Let's cut it out. So, what about the next Olympiads? Will you come home or go directly to the physics one?”

“I think I will come home and go there with the rest of the team.”

“Good Choice. I am positive you would not have made it to the Olympiad otherwise.”

“You devil, I am going to become the top scientist of this world. And you will regret not treating me with respect.”

“Ya ya, top scientist. What do you even want to achieve? You are so laid back and lazy unlike the hard-working and sincere me.”

“Hey, I am not lazy, it's just that…, yup I think better while resting.”

“As if !! Took your sweet time thinking of a reason. Still, what’s your real dream?”

“You would laugh.”

“Nope, I won't, I promise.”

“As if I can trust you! Well, still, I would like to communicate with animals. An odd dream, ain’t it? Neither, it's like it would be achievable.”

[The words were filled with a lot of hope and a little sadness, I was able to feel the emotions behind these words]

“Well yeah, it’s kinda tough to achieve. Forget about practical issues, is this even theoretically possible?”

“Well no one knows, that's why I want to research it. And aren’t you acting way too nice? I am kinda amazed that you are not laughing at me.”

“Why would I? If you achieve it, wouldn’t it be great? If people can communicate with animals, wouldn't the discrimination against them gradually disappear?”

“Well, that’s what I hope too.”

[The words stung, there was no emotion, its as if he believed that nothing will change, I can sense a feeling of resignation from them.]

“And even if it Doesn’t happen, we will make it happen, right?”

“Bingo. We will, we will change the world. After all, I am going to become the top scientist in this world. Hehe”

“Ah big brother! Just when I saw you with a bit of respect, you are acting like a narcissist again.”

Although she said, I can see she was definitely very happy.

Scene changes. Again!! In their home country.

“Brother seems like you have become a celebrity.”

“Of Course he has, he is the 1st one from our country to get into the top 3 of the competition. And he is so obedient too. He is the best son one can hope for.”, says the proud mother.
[Author Note: 2 chapters ago you were shouting at him for having a fight with his sis without asking anything and now he is the best son, I see.]

“Mom, don't praise him too much. He will become overconfident.”

“Okay okay, my sweetie.”

“MOM!!”

“Okay, sorry”

At the school, some students were talking.

“Hey, you know that Ravi from 12-C. Apparently, he came 3rd in the Computational Biology Olympiad. Isn’t it amazing?”

“Computational Biology? Never heard of it. I don't think it's that big of a deal. He isn't even a topper at our school. No way he is topping on the world stage.”

“I have heard that he skipped a whole practical just because he didn't want to experiment on animals. It's kind of odd right?”

“Well, he knew he had to do that, right? If he knew, why did he even participate? Another student like us would have got a chance instead. It’s not like he can become a scientist in the Biofield without experimenting on animals. He should have given this chance to someone else. Someone who had some passion, someone who isn't a weakling like him. A weakling who couldn’t even cut an animal.”

Well, why could I listen to all this talk? Because I am stalking following Ravi, and he is listening to all this talk. From the 3rd person perspective, I know all this talk is crap and even though I don't understand many of the terms that they are saying, I am well aware that what these boys are saying is most probably out of jealousy. In spite of that my heart hurts. Are these Ravi's emotions which I am feeling?

Yup seems so. Ravi’s face, his expressions are dark. I guess even Trash Talk can hurt, more so if it was already on his mind.

4