Ch 10 : Tears of Joy and an unexpected Bonus?
117 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mom! Is that you Mom?", I can't believe it. Just a few moments ago I thought I was dead, but here I am in front of my mother. I just hope this is not a dream or hallucination. I felt my head aching, but still, I was very happy to see my family again.

"Yes Anish, are you feeling okay? Do you feel pain? Let me take your temperature."

"Yup, I am okay", I said while smiling, or at least I tried to smile.

But, that was a lie. I am definitely not okay, my head is aching as if it might burst any moment. This headache is killing me.

It seems like what I just saw was only a dream but that dream is still fresh in my mind. Just what kind of dream one can remember this vividly!! It's as if it was a reality and not a dream. And then I was able to feel the emotions of that boy Ravi. It seems really odd.

Thinking about it is causing even more stress in my head.

Not able to take the pain from the headache, I slightly punched my head. Oops, Bad Move. Suddenly, I hear some shouting.

"Honey, honey. Anish is conscious again. He seems to be in a lot of pain. He is even punching his head. Call the healer quickly, his head is hurting a lot"

I could see tears in her eyes. She was crying. I need to get over my headache, I need to assure her I am okay.

"Mom"
But seems like Mom is in her own world.

"MOM!!", I shouted as hard as I can.
"Ah, what happened son?"
"Mom, It's okay. I am fine. You don't need to worry, okay?"
"Don't act brave okay. You even broke your leg and your head seems to be hurting."

Saying that Mom ran outside probably to get a healer or bringing some painkillers. But what did she just said? Did I break my leg? But I don't seem to feel much pain. Is my head hurting so much that I am not even feeling pain in my leg?

Mom came into the room running and she placed a wet cloth on my head. Her eyes had dark circles, seems like she has not slept for quite some time.

"Mom, have you not slept?", I asked.

"It's nothing, I am just a little tired."

Although she said so, I am aware that this is a lie. I smiled a little, aware of the fact that she is lying so that I don't get worried.

"Hmmm, Mom..."
"Yes?"
"Mom, is Chloe okay?"
"Yes, she is doing fine now. The healer said that there are no major injuries. She is fine."
"And father?"
"Oh, he is fine too. He was so worried about you. He himself went to bring the healer. And he is searching for ingredients to heal your leg as quickly as possible."

Ah, my leg. I almost forgot about that.

"But Mom, my leg is not hurting at all?"

"Ah, that might be because the healer cast a spell to relieve you of pain. But it is a temporary measure. So, if it starts hurting again, let me know, okay?"

"Sure Mom."

Ah, my head still seems to be hurting. The fact that I remember the dream so vividly is not making much sense either. I am so confused that I question whether what I am seeing isn't a dream itself. Not Good! I can't question the reality as if it's a dream. I need rest. With that in mind

"Mom, I am a little tired. Is it okay if I sleep a little more?"

"Sure, take this bell. If anything happens, ring this okay?"

"Okay, mom" with this I went to sleep again.

[A few hours later]

"Brother, brother wake up."

I open my eyes and stretch my hands. I am still sleepy. I see that my Mom, Dad, and sis are standing there.

"Brother, are you fine? Does your leg hurt? Is it okay?

"Yes, yes. I am fine. Seems like your condition is fine seeing that you are so worried about me."

"Yes, I am fine. Dad told me that you protected me. When he found us, we were both unconscious and you had shielded me."

"Oh is that so?"

"YES!! Why would you do so!! You should have focused on minimizing the damage to both of us, not just shielding me. If anything happened to you because of me... I .."

She seemed as if she might cry any moment. Realizing that I apologized.

"I am sorry. Next time I will take care of myself too, okay."

"Next time I will not let you do something reckless like that okay"

"Okay okay, you win. I will call you Big Sis from now on."

"Yeah, you better call. The decisions you make while in panic are so bad. It's on me to protect both of us."

"Ya, sure"

I see around and my dad is just standing there facing the ground. Surely, it's not to avoid stepping on an ant. Ah, this memory, and I smile.

But I am a little upset on seeing father like this. Is he blaming himself for this incident? No way was this his fault. It was just a series of bad luck.

"Father, won't you talk? And don't even think that you are at fault for this incident, okay. You made the best decisions only. It was just bad luck that things happened the way they did."

My father opened his mouth and closed it again. He did it 2-3 times and then said

"Dinner is ready. Let's eat first."

Ah, he really doesn't know how to open up. Well, this time we can let it slide.

"Okay, let's go", I said.

We arrived at the table and then I realized that I missed an important detail about food. We eat animals, but now I just can't. What do I do?

"Um, Mom. Actually.. uh... I can't eat this."

"Hmm, what?"

"Ah, this food, I can't eat it."

"Why?"

"Mom, I would rather eat fruits and vegetables only, I just can't get myself to eat animals."

"Uh... Strange, your sister said the same thing yesterday"

"What!!!!!........................"

5