Nightmare begins ll
103 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As time passed by, the Full moon vanished from his sight, and the early sun rays struck his back. The shadow of the wooden log extended till the unconsciously lying Urg who was still being played by those 2 heroes. The sword used to nail his hands were continuously absorbing all the magic he generated. "

Land Hero - Dwarf " was constantly supplying stones using Land magic. Somebody approached, floating beside him as the crowd pacified and stopped throwing stones at Ray. It felt very relieving to him. He wanted to thank the person beside him but was completely out of energy.

"So how does it feel?"

A sudden chill ran through his spine.

"Do you want to die?....." The voice continued "I will make your wish come true..."

[ I remember this voice, it's Prince Grozo .... Is it really him? The Prince Grozo I knew would say nothing like this.]*Ray.

"Oh, there! It really is a miserable look on your face. I wonder what happened while we rushed here.,"Princess Freima murmured near Ray's left ear. He instantly recognized the other voice and glanced at her with murderous eyes.

[Without a doubt this is a conspiracy against me, both Prince Grozo and Princess Freima framed me for something.... I may know why Princess Freima did it, but why Prince Grozo? Where are the King and Queen? Where is Princess Hannah? Where is Keigo?]*Ray

(SFX -- SLAP) Freima's nail broke as she slapped Ray's face. By now Ray got half immunized to physical pain so he didn't yell anymore. It took 3 oscillations for his head to come to rest.

"You never should have rejected my proposal.... Also, you saw something you shouldn't see.... So there is nothing which can save you now," Freima mumbled and grinned.

[It probably has to do with the proposal she gave me to be her personal bodyguard, and the thing which I shouldn't have seen must be the torture chamber present in the palace's basement. She likes to torture people..... That's it.... so she was the one who was grinning before I lost consciousness and the one the Healer Hero who spat on me uses Drape Entity and Heal on me. It really was a hell of torture.]

"So, why did you release all the monsters from the imperial prison?," Grozo asked.

Ray opened his mouth to deny, but he ultimately shook his head. His voice got muted because of the spell "Tongue tie" which he didn't notice, he thought it was because someone hurt his vocal cords when they ganged upon him.

"Liar! You were the one who entered the imperial palace and severely injured all the guards to break the monsters free," The Chief guard rebuked.

[ It's a false testimonial. It really is a big scale conspiracy..... but if they wanted to kill me, they could have easily done it..... Why did they use this roundabout way?] * Ray.

"Now coming to your major crime... Why did you kill King Alzar and Queen Yesia?," Grozo shouted in anger with tears in his eyes.

Ray realized something.

[So that's it, it explains the explosion of the hypnotized S ranked monster in the palace. Grozo and Freima used the best of my life, one to hide the secret of the torture chamber and the other to frame me as the killer who killed the King and the Queen. Two birds with One stone]* Ray

"As you guessed, it was me who killed them," Grozo whispered in my right ear.

"Now what should we do with him?," Grozo asked the audience.

"KILL HIM! KILL HIM! KILL HIM !!"

Ray could now see all the faces because of the sunlight. Again a thought ran through his mind.

[ Are they really the same people who greeted me every morning? Was it for them I kept my life at stake when fighting monsters? How can they believe someone like me, who worked his blood to save everyone daily for 3 years? ]

" I can still save you if you promise to be my dog for life. I will hide you from everyone and take good care of you," Freima proposed caressing my chin.

(SFX- Spit) Ray spat on her face. He knew he would regret doing it, but he still did it. Freima still had a grin on her face and was still staring at him. Ray already regretted his decision as his heartbeat raised with every passing second. She was still staring at him. He started to sweat buckets.

[Since, either way, I Am going to die, why don't I try to spit again]* Ray.

Ray tried to spit again, but then he noticed "his mouth was completely dried". It was because of the spell "Evaporate" used by Freima (She also has Fire affinity). *panting* Ray panted in thirst, which Freima noticed. Still staring at him with a grin on her face, she asked, " Want to lick it?..."

GLOSSARY

--Tongue Tie-- ~ B Rank spell

                        ~ Used to mute voices of weakened organisms

-- S ranked monsters-- ~ The one which went into the palace was a self exploding type.

          ~ Strongest is SSS rank which causes calamity, and then It goes to sleep if it isn't killed before destroying more than half of a country

          ~weakest is E rank which even people with no magic can kill.

--Evaporate--~ B Rank spell

            ~ can evaporate any liquid at a specific location.

            ~Strength depends on the user and the density of the liquid.

2