Mermaid in the Moonlight
232 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moon had never shone this brightly before.

Its brilliant light covered the dark seas, grasslands, and the open areas, and it seemed to grow larger too. A person standing on a high mountain would see the illusion of the moon coming closer and blinding everything in its away.

People in the past believed this was a sign of a legend happening. This was the warning of either a disaster or a blessing in a way. But right now, at this silent night, everyone was in deep slumber, and nobody had the chance to decide their fate.

A small butterfly in the distance fluttered, fluttered, fluttered and sat on a small flower near a cliff. Its wings glowed in the darkness and for a second the scenery just stopped, before the gentle waves, that glazed the rocks underneath the cliff, started thrashing themselves against the aged stones again.

The butterfly was startled and left its place. Chaos filled the sea, and a nearby boat was eaten by the hungry waves and was left as broken pieces of wood.

And out of nowhere, the sea once again, stopped, filling the place with silence and continued to be that way for what seemed like forever. But when it moved again, it split in half, with no notice or warning, leaving small fishes in the middle twitching in agony.

Oh, the horror that would have filled the earth if someone had witnessed such a scene.

Out of the water and toward the shore, someone emerged from the sea. The moon shone behind the person's figure, imitating an image of a fairy tale. Their shadow showed how slowly one leg moved forward, transforming the scales into smooth skin and the movement becoming more fluid.

The split water contained countless fishes staring silently at the figure, following them until they have finally neared, with unsteady legs and confident eyes, the shore. As the person moved forward, the sea slowly started merging together again and returning to its original form, as if nothing had happened.

A deep breath was taken. "Finally, I'm here." A feminine voice echoed endlessly. Her features showed a slight smile that soon turned into an evil smirk. "I'm here."

4