Prologue
492 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can't believe I just got stood up, like who text their date 30 minutes after the predetermined time and says 'Sorry, something came up' It's even the middle of the winter if he had texted me earlier then maybe I wouldn't have waited so long in the blistering cold 'well not that I mind the cold anyways' he even asked me out I just don't get people anymore perhaps brains have regressed and people can no longer make rational decisions, I even dressed up a bit well I guess I won't have to wear a dress for the rest of the day 'yeah it's a sweatpants and Netflix kind of day'

"haah... It's only 7, I guess I could go for some hot cocoa before I go home"

I only got to the corner before people started cat calling me and asking for my number to which I responded with putting my earphones in and press play on my playlist 'It's keane kind of day, I'm in the mood for some melancholy... oh it's time to walk'

~thud~

'huh what happened? I'm on the ground, guess I got hit, well it doesn't matter'

'hmm the world is getting hazy, but god I'm tired I think I'll take a nap...'


"w-k- -p -ee-ie"

"Ughh... my head hurts... why is it so cold?" my eyes crack open and I'm greeted by a Woman with snow white hair and deep blue eyes crouching next to me looking down at me.
"Ooooh your awake well first things first, Welcome to the afterlife! I'm the Goddess of Snow, Ice, and everything nice, Also known as Aurora but you~ can call me Mom"

"afterlife... shit"

"don't use that tone with me young lady"

"Why can't I, I'm dead right?"

"Well yeah... but you are getting a second chance" she says whilst booping my nose

"Am I now? and why would that be?"

"Beca~use the higher gods said I could have a champion because my power has reached a certain threshold... but they gave me the condition that they had to die during the winter while being alone... and you happened to fit both criteria"

"And why did they give you those stipulations? couldn't you have found anybody why me"

"Weeeell you were the only one that was A: a girl and B: Cute"

"Ahh aesthetic reasons well I get to live again so I don't really mind, so how does this work, Aurora"

"I TOLD YOU TO CALL ME MOM! and simply put I don't have enough power to make you a human but I can put you in the corpse of an Ice attributed being so I'll let you pick from Thiis list"

[Baby Snow Ibex :Lv1]
[Baby Ice Snake :Lv1]
[Fledgling Snowy Owl :Lv1]
[Baby Arctic Fox :Lv1]
[Small Snow hare :Lv1]
 

"So capricious... Why are they all babies?"

"Because with my power level you're gonna have to start from the bottom, simply put I don't have enough power to put you into an adult corpse because if I did I would have to go to sleep for a good 1000 years before waking up again and that would cause the seasons to go all out of wack"

"Alright... Mom but two questions why are you so weak and two can you explain the pros and cons of each of them"

"Alright~ sweetie, one no one prays to me I don't even have a temple how sad is that! I even occasionally save people from blizzards and they still don't pray... currently you're the only follower I have and the only reason I could give you new life was because the winter was especially cold and long this year... so you better be a bit more devout than the rest of this world... anyways look at this"

A silvery blue plate appears before me after she finishes rambling.

[Baby Snow Ibex: Specie Rank F: Extremely adept at traversing rough and Icey terrain, is capable of walking on top of snow, capable of small scale ice magic, Favorite Prey of Blizzard Eagles: Appearance generally white with speckles of grey and black, eyes are always a shade of blue, hooves and horns are a crystalline substance that resembles Ice is nigh impossible to break without the help of fire]

[Baby Ice Snake: Specie Rank F: Main proprietor of Ice poison is extremely effective on anything lacking the Ice attribute causing hypothermia in the target countered with heat or fire element, Frost Hawks Favorite prey: Appearance White with a rough texture resembling that of snow with white eyes]

[Fledgling Snowy Owl: Specie Rank F: Silent flight, nocturnal, keen eyesight: Appearance White with black speckled body and amber eyes]

[Baby Snow Hare: Specie Rank F: Burrowing, Excellent hearing, and natural camouflage, Arctic Fox's favorite prey: Appearance White with black eyes]

[Baby Arctic Fox: Specie Rank F: Keen Hearing and smell, natural camouflage, Blizzard Eagles 2nd Favorite prey: Appearance White with black eyes]

"well the last 3 are just normal animals and I don't like snakes so... I guess I'll take the Snow Ibex"

"Good choice they're personally my favorite they're cute and fluffy and once they make it to adulthood they can rival a D ranked specie however that is if they only go down the Snow Ibex line instead of evolving into something more powerful like lets say a Hoarfrost Mouflon which is a D ranked specie outright"

"Thanks for the info but will I be able to speak with you again after you put me down there?"

"Hmm I could but that is if you make a temple or get some worshipers on the ground so I can increase my power to talk to you, Anyways are you ready because we're kind running out of time, winter will end soon after all."

"Yes, see you later I'll definitely get you some worshipers and a Temple"

"Oooh I'll expect it then sweetie oh! before you go I have to give you a name hmm... ah I'll call you Eis your title Aroura Bringer" after that she gives me a kiss on the cheek and everything goes black.


Name: Eis

Sex: F

Specie: Baby Snow Ibex Lv: 1/30 xp 0/100

Hp: 10/10

Mp: 5/5

Strength: 7

Defense: 4

Endurance: 8

Agility: 12

Dexterity: 15

Intelligence: 7

Stat Points: 0

Skills:

Skill points:100

Minor Ice Magic Lv1, Ice eater Lv1, Mountaineer (Ice, and Earth Attributed) Lv1, Ram lv1

Titles:

Aurora Bringer

15