4: Evolution
347 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ice Wall]

~Splat~

[...xp gained, Max level reached, excess xp will be lost]

God I finally hit level 30 it took a solid 2 days to crush that elks skull with the ice walls. But because time is of the essence I cannot complain about how thick that damned elks skull was.

Grandpa has been having a rough go of things, the ice on his body has encased everything except for his head and at this point I don't think he'll live to the end of tomorrow. He says he'll tough it out to get 2 more days but I don't think it's possible, at this point even the beastman aspect he has been communicating with has started to get icy.

I suppose I should eat the elk and tell grandpa

I only made it halfway through the elk until I was full but that's unimportant, grandpa I'm gonna start the evolution afterwards we'll see if you can rest.

"Alright child, surprise me"

[Evolution start? y/n]

just get it over with

[Evolution starting, see you in a bit sweetie]

It's cold

It's like being encased in ice and frozen to your very core

there are places where the cold is worse than others mostly around my torso, head, and arms...

WAIT! I have arms!

"well of course you do Sweetie"

"huh?"

"Open your eyes"

Opening my eyes I bore witness to the same wintery wonderland that I saw when I first met Mother as well as Mother herself.

"Why am I here?"

"Well when you started evolving you became closer to my domain which let me bring you here for a short while"

"huh well, do you know what I'm going to evolve into?"

"Ohh that's an easy one cause your soul is already in the shape of it so..."

A full length mirror of Ice appears in front of me showing a cute 12 year old girl with wavy white hair cut into a bob, deep blue eyes, and most surprisingly two sets of crystalline blue horns which spiral around each other before curling towards her chin giving them an almost bighorn sheep like vibe, Moving further down the body one finds a blue tattoo that resembles a snowdrop between her near nonexistent chest moving further down reveals a pair of sheep like legs complete with a thin but curly coat of white fur and crystalline blue hoofs.

Soon a chill permeates the room an I use my arms to cover myself and as does the little girl in fact everything I do the little girl does then it dawns on me.

"That's me..."

"It sure is! aren't you just the cutest little thing, I just couldn't help myself when I saw your soul's shape I just had to give you a hug"

afterwards I find myself buried in the warm yet cold bosom of my goddess Mom.

"Ahh! you must be chilly... I'll give you this but you won't be able to take it back with you so this will be for when you visit me" Mother then presents me with a sweater made out of a wool similar to my own and I put it on even though it's a little to big but it's not really a problem other than Mothers infatuated eyes which cause me to shiver.

"So uh Mom what am I?"

"hmm you should be a Juvenile Satyress of the [Dead Ice] Variant, but congratulations! you are the first Satyr or Satyress to be created with Ice as your main attribute meaning that now you're sort of a spirit of Ice"

"What's a Satyress?"

"hah you don't even know that well I hope you know what a Satyr is right?"

"un~ they're half goat half human right?"

"Well yes but specifically they're half caprine half man where as a Satyress is the female variant though they tend to lean more towards the sheep-like side of the spectrum but theoretically they are the same specie"

"ah okay one more question why do I look like a 12 year old?"

"well you went from a baby goat to a juvenile Satyress so you aren't quite an adult yet... ah it's almost time, oh and Eis if you get the Eternal Ice I will be taking most of it considering it is my power after all but I'll let you have a little"

and I fell back into slumber

~Crash~

God what a wake up call, nothing quite like shattering ice to get the blood flowing, but regardless I quickly get up from my position on the floor only.

Ahh hands what a glorious feature even if you come with the caveat of wobbly sheep legs I love you none the less. It was at this moment I heard a creak of a door opening.

"Little One are you done evol..."

"GET OUT! PERVERT!"

The door closes, goddess maybe I over reacted it's not like there's much to look at, but never the less I will not allow my nude body to be seen by him it just feels wrong.

~creak~

Did grandpa come back to gawk at a naked little girl maybe he is a pervert?

~Fwump~Creak~

Ohh he just gave me clothes, ok grandpa you've improved your rating anyways what do we have here. Oooo this sweater is cute it's pink with a white snowflake pattern it's a little big but that's alright, he got me some panties, and a training bra... old man your evaluation has gone back down, and lastly a little white skirt  that goes to about mid thigh... it even has a hole for my tail.

In a short while I finish changing, and yes I put the bra on... it gives me a little dignity back, suu I can feel the tears coming. but anyways now I have to get evaluated by the old man.

"Old man I'm done!"

"ahh you remind me of my daughter when she was young, anyways what is the result of your evolution"

"well I'll just show you my status"

Name: Eis

Sex: F

Specie: Satyress (Dead Ice Variant) Lv: 1/100 xp 0/1000

Hp: 200/200

Mp: 146/146

Strength: 39

Defense: 37

Endurance: 64

Agility: 71

Dexterity: 84

Intelligence: 47

Stat Points: 0 (-190)

Skills:

Skill points: 100

Intermediate Ice Magic lv1, Ice eater lv6, Mountaineer (Ice, and Earth Attributed) lv7, Ram lvMax, Pain resistance lv3, Ice Poison lv4, Bite lv1, Minor Appraisal lv1, Sense Prescience lv3

Titles:

Aurora Bringer, Torturer

"Dead Ice eh... Should be good enough..."

"Hey! what're you whispering about"

"I was just debating if you could inherit it, I think you'll be fine so come with me"

I wonder what the inheritance ritual is like? do I have to fight grandpa or do I have to drop my blood on it? or maybe I eat it and absorb it.

"The second one but I have to voluntarily give it to you"

"ehh? so you just say I give this to you and I drop my blood on it then it's mine?"

"well sort of once you claim it I will freeze over and be absorbed by it then my body will act as a sort of chain to bind you to the ice, then everything outside this cottage will collapse and you will be kicked out of the space while it rebuilds itself though you will be able to take things out, but nothing will be able to go back in for a short while."

I feel he needs a hug so I guess I'll do that

~Pomph~

"Thanks for taking care of me for the last while Grandpa, I wish you a peaceful afterlife"

"Huhu, looks like I'm not the one who needs a hug little lady, I'll surely see my Wife and Daughter in the next life so don't cry for me"

"Who's crying your whole family is crying!" if only my eyes weren't so honest he was the first person I met in this new world he gave me kindness... but he's gonna leave me.

"haha, but you're the one who calls me Grandpa so I suppose that makes you part of my family so it's certainly okay for you to cry"

Don't pat my head so joyously when you're about to die.

"We only have a little time left, so I'll need a drop of your blood now"

"okay...suuu"

He pokes my finger which causes a little drop of red fall on the Hunk of Ice causing it to glow strongly.

"Keep this safe for me little Eis" his words but a whisper in the wind as his body dissipates and flows into the crystal which has now fallen to the floor.

"NO! Grandpa don't leave me! I don't even know your real name! I don't have anyone in this world... I need you"

A cold hand finds it's way onto my head, looking up I find grandpa made entirely out of Ice look at me with warm eyes he mouths something to me but I can't make it out through the tears eventually he puts a pendant around my neck and walks towards the crystal and is absorbed, leaving me cold and alone in the cottage before inevitably my vision goes dark as I'm thrust into the unknown.

13