6: Rene Skoll
329 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eis PoV

I had opened my mouth to speak to the lady in front of me however the words wouldn't come out for two reasons one there's a hypothetical egg in my throat from all the crying, and two I don't know how I should address her because frankly I don't know how old she is the most I can see is a silhouette, like perhaps she's an old hag that's been inhabiting this cave and I've rudely intruded or perhaps she's seeking shelter in this mild weather, I'm not really sure about that second one I don't really think it's that cold the snow is pretty intense though so maybe it's that. But I'll assume it's the first one and take my leave and find a different cave.

I sincerely apologize grandfather for making light on the day of your death I will build you the most magnificent grave for you to make up for it, but I believe I've grieved enough for today.

"...I shall take my leave"

Great now I've forced out the words lets go search for a different cave

Pah~ Ouch are you really so angry that I wandered into your cave that you need to detain me, goddess your grip on my shoulder is like an iron shackle. Ohh god could she be here to subjugate me I haven't even been here for half a day... damned adventurers and their high efficiency.

"You're not here to subjugate me are you?"

"..."

hmmm is she not going to I thought I was a monster, GASP are monsters coexisting with people in this world! Or are they perhaps enslaved by the people and forced to do their bidding... Huh the air feels weird, ah! her grip is loosening Freedom here I come! Suddenly I was pulled into a hug and smashed into her fairly average bosom.

"You poor thing, have they tried to subjugate you before?"

"Huh... oh no they haven't I just though that since I'm a monster that would be the case"

A deafening silence fell over the cave the blizzard outside even showed some courtesy and calmed down.

"You're not a monster..."

"Then what am I?"

"A demon! You don't even "That's even worse!" Huh"

I can't see your face so stop emanating a puzzled feelings Lady!

"Do you know what a demon is?"

"No..."

"Dear god you don't even know your own race..."

Her mumbling only resulted in me being hugged even tighter.

"To put it briefly a Demon is a sapient monster or I suppose I should say gained in your case"

"Hmmm alright but aren't demons stereotypically bad"

"Heavens no, or at least that's the case in most countries however that does exclude this one which falls under the faction of human supremacy"

"Ho, so in this country I'm but a mere monster correct?"

"Kinda, Demons are still recognized as a sapient race separate from monsters though sharing some characteristics."

"hmm but couldn't you just pretend I wasn't a demon and cut me down anyways, and get some reward money?"

"are you really that eager to die?"

"No I still have some promises to fulfill so I'd rather not die before completing them it's just I've failed to understand why you haven't killed me yet?"

"Simple I'm not Human so I don't see the need or have the want"

"Fair point but if your not human what are you and why are you in this country and in this cave?"

"I am Rene Skoll, and I'm a Tiger Wolf Beastman, I'm in this country because there was a named request at the guild for me and as an S rank adventurer I have to comply as per guild rules, and third I'm in this cave because I was chasing after you and thought you went into this cave"

"Looking? For Me? Do I owe you money or something?"

"hahaha no but I have reason to believe that your tears were the cause of the blizzard so I chased after you to cheer you up and maybe take you with me, 'cause you seem to be all alone"

"Blizzard huh that felt like a midsummer breeze what are you talking about and is that last point negotiable I don't want to be taken by anyone"

"I suppose I'm not one to question one beloved by the Ice spirits, and no it's nonnegotiable but since you will be traveling with me I need to know more about you so what's your name and how old are you"

"Cruel Kidnapper "What'd you say?" nothing... My name is Eis, in goat years I think I'm about 1 and a half and in Human years I'm prolly around 12"

"That won't do only slaves lack a last name Luckily you're not branded or I'd have to return you not to mention it'd mess up you're cute lil' face... AH! I know I'll adopt you then you can take my last name"

"Ehhh but don't you have to consult with your husband or get some official papers and the like?"

"hmmm the only man I loved died on our first adventure and no papers are necessary I can just say you are my daughter and you will be, Alright I've decided from today onward you are Eis Skoll daughter of the S ranked adventurer Whispering Arrow"

"Do I get a choice?"

"No."

"damn, I don't think Mother is gonna be to pleased "What's that?" nothing"

Damn she's gone back to her delusions goddess have mercy on me. Well now I'm curious if the system recognizes her? 'Status'

Name: Eis Skoll

Sex: F

Specie: Satyress (Dead Ice Variant) Lv: 1/100 xp 0/1000

Hp: 200/200

Mp: 146/146

Strength: 39

Defense: 37

Endurance: 64

Agility: 71

Dexterity: 84

Intelligence: 47

Stat Points: 0

Skills:

Skill points: 100

Intermediate Ice Magic lv1, Ice eater lv6, Mountaineer (Ice, and Earth Attributed) lv7, Ram lvMax, Pain resistance lv3, Ice Poison lv4, Bite lv1, Minor Appraisal lv1, Sense Prescience lv3

Titles:

Aurora Bringer, Torturer, Queen of Eternal Ice

Damnit even the system recognizes it now I feel Mother is gonna be really mad.

"Alright little Eis we have to head back to the caravan so I can finish this request"

"but why do I have to go?"

"Silly you're my daughter how horrible of a mother do I have to be to abandon my daughter in a hostile country?"

"haaa~ fine, lead the way"

the only part I find enjoyable about this situation is Rene's struggle in the snow, in some places it even gets up to her mid thigh, where as I can just walk on top of it and giggle to my hearts content. Well I would giggle if she didn't have an Iron grip on my hand, damn she's too good a predicting my actions is this perhaps a mothers intuition... oh shit I've subconsciously recognized her as my mom now I'm gonna get punished by my godly mother, maybe I'll postpone the shrine a bit till her anger cools off.

"So little Eis you can use Ice magic I assume?"

"I'm only at the Intermediate stage but yeah"

"Lord at your age that's enough to call you a world renowned genius"

"Why's that I figured it was pretty easy to level up skills?"

"well in the first place the Ice attribute has few practitioners, then we get on to the fact that normally it takes years for a magician to go from beginner to intermediate, then again demons do have a faster growth rate when it comes to their attributes... Hey Eis what's your Mp?"

"146 why?"

Eh she stopped moving you're gonna get frostbite if you keep standing around in the snow.

"... Eis what level are you?"

"Level 1?"

"Eis firstly never tell your stats to anyone you would probably be captured and enslaved because of them, secondly were you born like this or did you evolve?"

"Hmmm I was a [Baby Snow Ibex] a few hours ago"

"wow, you are a really rare existence... anyways I'm gonna need you to clear the snow off the road so we can move the carriage, oh we're here"


I originally wasn't planning on posting another chapter this week but I had run out of things to read (Recommendations are accepted) and I didn't really have any school work so y'all get an extra chapter this week.

12