Chapter 5 – First Creation
3.2k 7 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Waking up the next day, I wasted no time. With the money bag from the previous day in hand, I rushed to the 2 shops that I knew would have the materials I needed.

 My first stop was the Blackmiiiiith! Shop. There, I asked for a new saber, but with a different material. There was a small variety of materials, including of course, the fantasy metals variety. Mythril, Adamantite, Orichalcum, and even one I never heard of, Alarium. The last was a mix of the Electrum alloy(Alloy composed of gold and silver), but with a lightning Core added to the mix. Forgot about that, but you CAN use Monster/Beast cores to give effects to weapons.

 That reminded me of things I could do in the future, if I knew how to make them. I asked the owner for a sturdy one, and less than 50 Silver. Turns out there wasn’t a good option for a sturdy saber, just a broad or long sword. That’s what I thought.

 Of course I didn’t abandon the saber. Never liked broad or long swords, dunno why. I got another one! The blade had a silvery tint to it, and different from my previous saber, this one had a guard shaped like a nest around my hand, protecting it.

 The owner said that it’s made of a sturdy and strange metal. The silvery color got me curious, but it wasn’t made out of silver. For those clueless, silver is too soft to make a sword. You can still make like a rapier from silver, or even make a sword, with the point and edges made out of steel, but also with large sections of silver inlaid on it. It would be useful against undead. But silver-like color and sturdy. Where did I see that before?

 “Question: What color were the sparks when you were sharpening?” I asked out of curiosity.

 “Hmmm… Now that you ask, it was white. Pure white. Different from the normal yellow-ish I usually see.”

 “TITANIUM?!”

 I couldn’t help but shout. The sword was made out of not steel, not silver, but Titanium. Oh, wait. Titanium blades aren’t very good. The reason why it wasn’t very good is simple. Titanium doesn’t get as hard as steel, which makes the Edge retention terrible.

 “Wait, it isn't as good as steel. Forgot about that.”

 “Whadda hell are ya talkin ‘bout?!” He glared daggers at me. “I even used the core of a monster to augment the sharpness, and ya won’t buy it?! Huh?!”

 He was pissed. I mean, he worked surprisingly well. I could see that the edge was sharper. I even took out my steel saber, and sure enough. The blades were on a completely different scale. So adding a core can make things good, as long as you know what you are doing.

 “It’s because Titanium doesn’t retain the edge, but with the core, it’s better than my current saber.”

 He scoffed, and turned away. The Titanium saber was, surprisingly, only 45 Silver. I expected there would be more, but only Long and Broad swords were expensive. Since the saber was always focused on slashes, it was easier to work with.

 “Hmph! I expect ya to get it. Now get the hell out! Oh, wait. Ya want ta sell the other saber?”

 “No.” He didn’t expect that. “I need it for another thing.”

 “That so. Ya gonna reshape it?”

 I nodded. He scoffed again, and waved his hand for me to get out. My next stop, the Alchemist’s Lair.

 I was greeted by the same lady as before, and she was expecting that I would come back. I said to her that I would give life to something, handing over a wooden plate(since I didn’t have access to paper) with the materials I wanted.

 “You want all of these things?”

 I nodded. She was skeptical, but with the budget I gave her, she didn’t say a word about it.

 “It’s hard to deny when you want these things.” She read through the wooden board I gave her. “Copper, Electrum, 10 Wind cores, a super resistant string, 10 small chunks of High-grade steel… What are you gonna do?”

 “Secret.”

 “Tch! Shame. I can give them to you, but on one condition.”

 “You want something from me?”

 “Oh, don’t worry. I put up with the guild. And requested especially for you.” Why me? “Anyway, I need one thing. Necrotic Venom.”

 That caught me off guard.

 “Why exactly?”

 “According to the adventurers gossip, someone grabbed the quest for collecting the honey from the wasps. I was at the guild yesterday, and saw the materials you got. Did you destroy the venom sack? If not, did you hide it?”

 “Yeah. I was actually buried.”

 “Yeah, and that wasn’t a good thing to do. What you did, ended up creating a plant monster. And it's going around the forest.”

 “The healing flowers and the necrotic poison mixed themselves?”

 “You're quite fast at the discoveries.”

 She complimented me, but that didn’t help. I thought nothing would happen if I just buried the Necrotic sack, but to think it mutated into a monster plant? Even if it was my fault, wouldn't it be better to ask another person?

 “Anyway, I need a big amount of Necrotic venom.”

 “Venom? Not poison?”

 “You would be surprised, but the Necrotic Venom is kinda like a curse, instead of a poison.”

 “I see.”

 “Anyway, the reward is… 50 Gold.”

 “Oh, aren’t you being very kind right now?”

 “I am. And I know you can do it. After all, facing the Tigrass(almost dying), finding that massive and good flower. How much did I profit from that?”

 “Wait. You’re the Little Fairy?”

 She smiled. The requester for the flowers was someone called Little Fairy. To be honest, I thought that name was pretty embarrassing. But to think that was this witch that named itself like that.

 “Do we have a deal? Oh, and I’ll give you a discount on these. One gold coin is enough.”

 “Deal.”

 I shook her hand, and got my materials.


 After having everything I needed, I returned to the inn. I paid 3 more nights, and started my work. What you might ask? Into a weapon. I wanted to make a gun, but right now, my materials were kinda limited.

 “Alrighty. Let’s see here.”

 With the window of skills opened again, I checked for [Transmutation] or [Alchemy] skills. I’ve found them both, but turns out, both were classes related skills, which means I can’t acquire it by SP.

 “[Synergist] and [Alchemist] classes to get the skills, huh.”

 The good thing? They both were easy for me to get. [Alchemist], I needed to successfully compound a potion as a requirement, and [Synergist], was to try and infuse mana on metals as the requirement. Simply put, I needed to make a potion, and start to pour mana in metals.

 “Aren’t these 2 too easy to get classes then?”

 Shrugging, I started. [Alchemist] wasn’t only a potion making class. If you advanced the class more, you could even make one thing that made my heart pound. Actually, two things. Homunculus, and the Philosopher’s Stone.

That opened the opportunity, not made it possible. To make both, I needed another class.

 “[Perfector] class?”

 While I was pouring mana into the metals, to be more exactly in the steel chunks, this class got my attention. I mean, who wouldn’t be attracted to it?

Class [Perfector]

A class granted to those who seek perfection.

This class allows the user to create things that can reach perfection(almost). The user is able to create the Homunculus, and the Infamous Philosopher’s Stone

Skills Acquired with such Class

[Transcendent Weaponry/Tool/Armor Creation]

 But of course, not everything was flowers. The Class was all well and good, but the requirements? Yeah, those are super hard to come by. Especially the last one.

 Requirements to get the [Perfector] Class

  • One must have access to Atavism

  • One must Acquire [Pride] and [Patience] Skill

  • One must have the Class [Advanced Alchemist]

  • One must acquire the heart of a Higher Existence

 “Oh yeah. Totally possible.”

 The class was hella good, but the easiest requirement was the [Advanced Alchemist]. After that, the Sinner and Virtuous Skills. Will those 2 kinds of skills really be easy?

 “To think that they truly exist though. Now that is something. Oh!”

 ◙ CLASS SYNERGIST (LVL 1) HAS BEEN ACQUIRED! DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF MANA USER HAS, THE CLASS SYNERGIST HAS REACHED LVL 3! DUE TO CLASS SYNERGIST BEING ACQUIRED, THE SKILLS: TRANSMUTATION (LVL 1), MANA MASS (LVL 1), TERRAIN MANIPULATION (LVL 1), MANA MANIPULATION (LVL 1), AND EARTH MAGIC (LVL 1) HAS BEEN ACQUIRED! ERROR! DUE TO THE TITLE TECHNOMANIAC, THE SKILL EARTH MAGIC CANNOT BE ACQUIRED! DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF MANA USER HAS, THE SKILLS: TRANSMUTATION AND MANA MASS REACHED LVL 5! AND MANA MANIPULATION, LVL 2! ◙

 To be honest, I have no idea how I got that.

 “Wow. I gotta say, to receive 5 skills... Wait... I can’t acquire magic skills?” I glanced at my STATUS again. “I can’t acquire them because of a title? Well, okay. But I still got some of the skills at a high level.”

 Until now, I didn’t understand how the LUK stat worked. It’s low, okay, but what does that even mean? I got into bad situations, and I mean it. Even before coming to this world, my LUK so to say, wasn’t very good. But until now, the rewards were… Sufficient.

 “Speaking of which, I never looked into what each stat really does, right? I’ll do it, while trying to make the potion.”

 Compound was nothing more than water, the smashed flower, which I got a small amount for me, mana and effort. And these were what each stat really did.

HP = Hit Points

The amount of Health the user has. It is influenced by the Skill Tree, beginning with the [Life] Skill.

MP = Mana Points

The amount of Mana the user has. It also is a counter for the stamina the user has, since mana is connected to the energy of the self. It is influenced by the Skill Tree, beginning with the [Mana Mass] Skill.

STR = Strength

The power someone has to do things. Such as lifting a heavy weighted rock or anything related to it. Also, it is influenced by not only the skill Tree, starting with [Strengthening], but also by the user’s Constitution.

CON = Constitution

The user’s Physical and Magical Defense, as well as the Tiredness due to the amount of tasks one does. Don’t necessarily create more muscle mass, depending on the user’s original body Constitution. It is influenced by the Skill Tree, beginning with the [Hard Skin] Skill.

DEX = Dexterity

The capacity of the user to use things with his hands. The Higher the stat, the easier it is for the user to make use of weapons, tools, and/or armor. It is influenced by the Skill Tree, beginning with the [Instinct] Skill.

INT = Intelligence

The mind capacity of the user. It is also a stat that influences the thought process. It is influenced by the Agility stat, specifically related to reflexes. It also influences the amount of mana the user has. It is influenced by the Skill Tree, beginning with the [Knowledge] Skill.

AGI = Agility

The speed the user can move. The higher this stat, the faster the user is. This also influences the Dexterity and the Intelligence stat. It is influenced by the Skill Tree, beginning with the [Mobility] Skill.

LUK = Luck

The user’s capability to find himself in good or bad situations. The less lucky the user is, the more bad situations he will find himself in, although he will receive great rewards. The luckier the user is, he will find himself in less dangerous situations, and with fewer rewards. It doesn’t impact the rewards from dungeons. It is not influenced by any skill. It can be influenced by a Title or Class, but only if the user doesn’t have a very low Luck Stat.

 “I won’t say a thing.”

 What? My luck is low? Whatever, that means more rewards! What? I can die? It’s a high-risk, high-reward situation. I don’t see a downside. I knew that if I wasn’t able to resolve the issue, then I would die. But whatever. No pain, no gain, I guess. Ah!

 ◙ THE CLASS ALCHEMIST (LVL 1) HAS BEEN ACQUIRED! DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF MANA USER HAS, THE CLASS ALCHEMIST HAS REACHED LVL 3! DUE TO THE CLASS… ◙

 There were a lot of things. First, my mana influences some of my skills, and classes. Not titles though. And of course, my Title of [Technomaniac] didn’t allow me to acquire another magic skill.

 I got 4 classes with my potion compound and mana infusion. [Synergist], [Alchemist], [Enchanter] and… [Warlock]. Beyond the 5 skills I got from [Synergist], I got a total of 7 skills.

 3 from [Alchemist], 1 from [Enchanter], and 3 from [Warlock]. Although, [Warlock] gave me a Lvl in [Mana Manipulation], so let’s count as 6.

 [Alchemist] gave me the skills: [Artificial Element Manipulation], [Artificial Element Creation], and [Ore Appraisal]. Turns out that my {Scanner Vision} didn’t have that last function, which gives me the Mohs Scale of ores. That’s actually a good thing!

 [Enchanter], was only the [Augmentation]. In short, I can augment/Enchant things with effects, but only if I have the Monster cores, or Magic crystals. Also, it wasn’t supposed to be [Augmentation], but once again, thanks to my mana amount, it turned out like that. So there are Magic Crystals!

 And lastly, [Warlock]. It started by giving me [Shadow Magic], and [Summoning]. But again, thanks to my title, the [Shadow Magic] was simply yeeted away. All of the skills, excluding [Ore Appraisal], thanks to {Scanner Vision}, were on Lvl 1.

 “I guess that [Warlock] won’t be very useful to me, even in the long term. Or will, dunno.”

 The reason was actually thanks to my Title [Technomaniac], and my Skill [Technomagic]. They would enter in conflict. I got pretty depressed about not having magic skills. Yes, I do like Technology more, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t have a curiosity towards magic.

 “No point in dibbling dabbling right now. Time to get immersed.”

 Yes. The reason why I bought the new saber, and all of the materials at those two shops, was to make a new weapon. A weapon that is, both cool, and useful. A Repeated Crossbow.


 After I started, I wouldn’t stop. I remember watching a certain vampire hunter movie, and this weapon was there. He could fire more than one bolt per second, if I’m not wrong. The crossbow used compressed gas, but with my resources right now, it would be impossible. That is where the wind cores got into play.

 When I asked about what I could do with the cores, the lady of the Alchemist’s Lair gave me a small and thin notepad. It was a notepad where she teaches a bit of Alchemy, and it was very useful, let me tell ya.

 Well, actually, half of my old saber was gone. I tested with the low grade steel, to make the chamber where the cores would be located. Turns out, it wasn’t a good option. The air pressure of the stones was so big, that it cracked and burst out, breaking 3 cores.

 “I have only 7 now.”

 She gave me a hell of a discount, but I wouldn’t complain. The body of the crossbow was made out of 4 materials. Wood(which I almost forgot to buy), Steel, Electrum, and Copper.

 The Wood was the main body, and it was a wood that would be tossed away. They were, of course, Hardwood. Looks like they don’t use Hardwood a lot. In the capital, most of the buildings were built with cement, and iron. Well, they did use wood, but it was like Earth’s buildings. Like, with the pillars using iron and/or steel.

 And the Hardwood, not only was resistant and light, it also was infused with mana, although not much. Even then, the wood was strong enough to hold the crossbow’s entire structure.

 Beyond wood, the Electrum was to be used in the future, not right now. As for the copper, it was to build the tubes of air, and the chamber was made with one of the high-grade steel.

“Didn’t mean to use it like that.”

 The high-grade steel was to make the bolts of the crossbow. As for the bow part of the structure, I used the remaining of my old saber. That had gone right, at least. As for the bowstring…

 “Wait. This is...!”

 The woman gave me not a string, but wire. And a letter. The contents were:

 ‘Heyo! I expect you to finish the quest as soon as possible, so, make a good use of this Mythril Wire I’m giving you~♥

 It was a Mythril Wire. Not only that, it was braided wire.

 “She wants to make me go bankrupt, I’m sure.”

 Pushing that to the back of my mind, I started to make the crossbow.

 The Wind Core chamber was located at the stock of the crossbow, with a plate to protect it. Like hell I’m gonna let this thing unprotected. Only if I want to lose my two arms, that is.

 Turns out that the bow part of the construction would break thanks to the force of the Mythril Wire, so I made it out of another high-grade steel.

 “Until now, it isn’t very heavy. Why’s that?”

 With that out of the way, I put the wire on the cams. I made them out of Electrum. The wire fitted easily, and the system of launching one after another bolt was more easy than I thought. It would shoot the string ahead, then would be pushed back.

 “I actually used the same method to make rifles, huh.”

 It wasn’t exactly the same, but it looked alike. The gas of the chamber on the stock, would be redirected to the wire, and push it back in the position to shoot. I actually took my time in doing this, since I needed to make a new, small chamber, with two of the seven crystals I had. Guess I’ll buy more later.

 I needed to be careful, since the crystals had durability so to speak. The trigger was made out of Electrum as well as the cover of the grip. I also made some small stripes on the Electrum cover, since it could slip because of sweat or any liquid.

 I made a scope of at least 4x times my vision. That was thanks to my {Scanner Vision}, and a small glass quantity, that I got out to buy earlier. It was hell to make the scope, since the glass broke every time I tried. It was so fragile that I almost gave up. But, I ended up remembering one thing. The crystal-like grip of the guns I saw in the city.

 The grips were made out of a strange sand, dropped by an emperor scorpion. The sand was cheap, but the process to make the glass was hell. Fortunately for me, I had the [Artificial Element Creation] skill, so making the glass was quite easy. After 30 times that is.

 ◙ SKILLS ARTIFICIAL ELEMENT CREATION, AND MANIPULATION LEVELED UP! CLASS SYNERGIST AND ALCHEMIST LEVELED UP! ◙

 “Isn’t that nice. Actually, why the hell are the skills reaching higher levels, if my status shouldn't allow that?”

 That was my question, and my {Heads-Up Display} answered me.

Title [Technomaniac]

Title awarded to those who are tech freaks.

Special Effect

Any Skill related to building and creation, correlated with [Technomagic], are exempt from status condition effects.

 “ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!”

 I didn’t know until now. I mean, it is my fault for not looking into my status, so let’s just shut up about it. Shrugging that for now, I make the bolts. The reason as to why I was making them out of Steel, was rather simple. They’re hard enough. I even sharpened the tip of them to help in piercing the target.

 “Good thing I got back at the Blacksmith to get a whetstone.”

 It was already night by the time I noticed. I was so immersed in making the Repeated Crossbow that I didn’t even have lunch.

 “Well, before going down to eat, let me see my Status.”

- STATUS -

Name: Kenji Species: Human Age: 15 Y.O.
Adventurer Rank: D-Rank LVL: 3 / 5 SP: 200
HP: 300 / 300 MP: 900 / 900
{+60 ↑10}
STR: 190
{+20}
INT: 350
{+40 ↑20}
CON: 240
{+30 ↑10}
AGI: 450
{+40}
DEX: 400
{+40 ↑10}
LUK: 8 (↑1)

 CLASSES

 • Student (Lvl M 2UP)Fighter (Lvl 3)Swordsman (Lvl 4)Researcher (Lvl 4)Synergist (Lvl 4 NEW.3UP)Alchemist (Lvl 4 NEW.3UP)Enchanter (Lvl 1 NEW)Warlock (Lvl 1 NEW)Traveler (Lvl M)

 SKILLS

 • Language Comprehension (Unique)Technomagic (Unique)Other World Archive (Unique)Sword Arts (Lvl 4)Martial Arts (Lvl 3)Transmutation (Lvl 5 NEW.4UP)Artificial Element Manipulation (Lvl 2 NEW.1UP)Artificial Element Creation (Lvl 2 NEW.1UP) Augmentation (Lvl 1 NEW) Mana Manipulation (Lvl 3 NEW.2UP) • Summoning (Lvl 1 NEW) Mana Mass (Lvl 6 NEW.6UP) Strengthening (Lvl 2)Hard Skin (Lvl 3 1UP)Instinct (Lvl 4 1UP)Knowledge (Lvl 4 2UP)Mobility (Lvl 4)Stealth (Lvl 1 NEW)Rot Resistance (Lvl 1Dismantle (Lvl 1 NEW)Fear Resistance (Lvl 2 NEW.1UP) • Terrain Manipulation (Lvl 1 NEW)

 TITLES

 • TechnomaniacHalf-MachineUnique Bug KillerWeapon Creator (NEW)Focused Freak (NEW)

 STATUS CONDITION

 Hyper Slow Growth

 “WHO. THE HELL. IS. A. FREAK?”

 Brushing aside the offensive title, the remaining things were quite nice. Especially the new skills. Since I have these classes, maybe I can get Lightning and Fire Magic? They’re related to Alchemy right? But will my title allow it? Asking myself that, I search, and sure enough, these two only cost… 50 SP each.

 That was rather surprising. They were cheap, but I wouldn’t spend SP for now. I was saving up to one skill that appeared when I had 300 SP. [Pain Immunity]. It was a nice skill, to say the least. [Pain Resistance] was all well and good, but it’s evolution, Immunity was even better.

 Instead of resisting pain, the immunity allowed me to ignore it completely. It was a cheap skill to me, but in the book I read it before? It was supposed to be more than 1500 SP.

 “So, I’m compatible with it, huh.”

 If someone is compatible with a certain skill, it’s SP price falls.

 “Anyway, let’s eat.”

 After having a good night's sleep, I woke up very happy, to test my crossbow that is.


 After catching the eye of lots of adventurers at the guild in the morning, I was out to hunt some Red-Monkeys. I also took the quest the Little Fairy set to me. And the guild lady didn’t say a thing, because I was to blame for not bringing the Necrotic Venom.

 Finding the Red-Monkeys wasn’t hard. They were harassing some farmers at the edge of the forest, throwing rocks and sticks at them. I didn’t even approach them. Aiming with the Crossbow, I shot. The impact of the bolt not only penetrated the monkey, but also embedded him into the tree.

 Not only the monkey died, but the place where it hit, the trunk of the tree was also pierced.

 “Hi, I’m Kenji, I’ll be your acupuncturist today.”

 And with that, the other 4 monkeys were easily dispatched.

 With that out of the way, and the monkeys tails with me, I proceeded inside the forest. It wasn’t eerie as it was before, but still a little dark. Soon enough, it started to rain. Needless to say, but I wouldn’t stop because some rain was in my way. Also, I coated the inner parts of the Crossbow, so that no dirt, dust, or any kind of liquid would lock it.

 “Well, let’s start the hunt.”

 I followed inside the forest, searching for the Plant monster I ended up creating.

91