Chapter 18 – Shocking Experiences
1.5k 10 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I revised this chapter more than 5 times. If some things don't make much sense, then I'm sorry. I couldn't think on many things.

 After seeing the giant dinosaur, I simply walked away, I stopped back at where the giant boulder and tree were. I sit and look at the sky. This… is… Overwhelming.

 The same fear as the Tigrass. Wait. Then why wasn't I affected by that guy of the Empire? Remembering now, I was affected by the [Killing Intent] of the Tigrass, and even this Rex, but why not that old man from the Empire?

 As I was looking to the sky, waiting for the effect to pass, Amara talked to me. Both she and Kasumi were in my shadow.

 (Master. Are you alright?)

 “Kinda.”

 (That thing wasn’t normal, Master. I… Can’t see myself helping to fight it.)

 “Well, that’s reasonable. Since you’re a forest monster, and that guy is a fire one.”

 (That’s Right.) She sounded sad.

 “Anyway, let’s go back to the city. I’m feeling a little better now.”

 At the town, I walked towards the Adventurers Guild. Walking to the counter, I asked for the Bestiary, curious as to what that T-Rex was.

 “Did you have any problem with the subjugation?” The girl asked.

 “Not exactly.” I said exasperatedly. “I simply found something worse.”

 Glancing at her, she tilted her head slightly in confusion. And as I was looking through the bestiary, I’d found the monster I saw. It took some time, and was at the SSS-Rank danger level.

 “No way.”

 The girl looked at the drawing of the monster, with a dreadful expression. Thought so. The name of the monster was Volatilion. In short, it was a type of ancient monster.

 Ancient Monsters were basically Dinosaurs that still exist. They adapted to their surroundings, evolving to what they are now. The Volatilion is a T-Rex that evolved by staying close to high temperature places and with highly concentrated mana.

 The thing is, these evolved Ancient Monsters have a little problem with them. The Volatilion is a good example. The Volatilion burns at a very high temperature. And, due to its high temperatures, it is estimated that it can only live in between 10 to 15 years only.

 And what happens when they reach the end of their lives? They enter in fission. Like, nuclear fission. Of a weapon, not a reactor. The one who wrote this session about the Volatilion simply stated that the monster explodes, and a giant area is taken with him.

 “This is a big problem. We need to evacuate the city as soon as possible.”

 “How’s the size of the explosion?”

 “A giant area will be burned and can even cave in. We only had one case where someone saw.”

 “And?”

 She took a map, and some documents. The map was more detailed than the ones I saw at the library back at the capital. She put her finger on one area of the map, which… was the crevasse between the empire and the Kingdom of Rezia?

 “The crevasse was the place where it happened. We don’t know how, but his explosion only made the former canyon into what it is now. A deep, black and dangerous place.”

 “I see.”

 So, the guy who reported it, guided the Volatilion to the canyon. That was probably to minimize the effects of the explosion. Unfortunately, the canyon was transformed into the crevasse that we see now.

 As she said that, I thought about a few things. Since I met the monster, defeating it might be possible.

 “Hey. What if it’s defeated?

 “Uhm… It is possible, but… to reach close to it, and even destroy its core… it will prove to be hard.”

 “I got an idea. It may work. Or not.”

 “Adventurer Kenji?”

 “Nothing.”

 The girl was confused, but I simply walked away and waved goodbye to her.

 After exiting the Guild, I walked around town, searching for more Adamantite. Unfortunately, the Witch didn’t have more, so I couldn’t buy from her. I searched through the blacksmiths in the city, and finally found it. 1 Ingot, for 1 Platinum coin. It’s purer than the others though.

 After that, I walked towards the forest. I didn’t want anyone looking into what I would make. What would I make? C’mon, think about it. What is one of the most powerful types of firearms in existence?

 (Master~ What are you gonna do~?)

 “Something… interesting.”

 I started by taking the Adamantite and some of the charcoal stored. I had a steel plate with the same Magic Circle I used when I’d made it for the first time. I put the charcoal and the ingot I bought on top of it, and started the same procedure from before.

 I used the MPD to check the composition of the new ingot. Phew. It worked. Since I didn’t fail while trying to make it, I had much more than the first time. An entire ingot.

 “Hmmm… A shotgun has nice fire power, but I would need to be very close to maximum damage.” I mused a bit, just before reminiscing about an old weapon I’d made.

 “That crossbow from before. Instead of a crossbow… I can make use of the cores in hand and… make something even better.”

 With a certain weapon in mind, to concentrate the energy stored on the cores I had, and launch a bolt at high speed. Different from the crossbow from before, or even Satz, this one would fire a single high-powered shot, with low fire rate, but more accurate.

 “Actually, I’ll need to go back to the city.”

 In the city, I bought more ores, especially Tungsten. The miners and blacksmiths were selling them, thinking those were fire resistant iron. Alas, their confusion just made me more happy. In the meantime, the city was evacuating in a steady flow.

 “Alright. What I’m gonna basically do, is a gauss rifle.”

 The Gauss rifle(or coil gun), was something I had in mind while doing the crossbow from before. A bolt of metal, powered up by some kind of energy. In the case of the crossbow, it was wind cores. In the case of this rifle, I would use raw mana.

 Most of the cores I had in hands were non-elemental cores. In a sense, they had raw mana, without any kind of refinement. Alas, I would have a certain difficulty converting it into useful mana.

 I could use Electric cores to make a magnetized chamber to launch things forward, but it would take too much time to make one. And also, I would need some knowledge on magic, which I didn’t have right now.

 “Not having knowledge on magic is really…”

 First of all, the cells. They would store the Monster Cores, and plug into the rifle. The Core Cells would transmit the energy towards the gun. With the cores highly concentrated into one very tight place, the chances of having an explosion were ginormous.

 Unfortunately, I could only make four cells in total. There was the possibility of making a bigger cell, since I had the Taracs Spider’s Core, and also had the core of that giant Warg of the dungeon.

 With the Adamantite alloy, the frame was being made. The frame was half U-shaped, with a space in the middle of the U, for the gun’s barrel. I also made the barrel from the Adamantite alloy.

 With the bolts the rifle would fire, I made them out of Tungsten. I also made some of the Adamantite alloy, as a test if it would resist high temperatures, since I never tested until now.

 With the bolts ready, I started making the place where the cells would be put to charge the rifle. The 4 cells were divided to two for each side of the frame, and transmit their energy to the barrel of the rifle.

 The bolts would be launched from their cartridges, and be powered up by the energy on the barrel, multiplying their speed. I put an insane amount of Mana Infused Powder on the cartridges, and with the raw energy from the cores, I doubted this thing wouldn’t be destructive enough.

 With that, I made the mana circuits with the Mythril Wires I had, and finished by infusing mana on it. With the mana infused in the end, I just needed to give it a name.

 “How about… Raijin?”

 The weapon shone with a dazzling red light. Not only that, but some of the leftover materials around the rifle were being absorbed by the light. What? This never happened before! Soon, the light was gone, replaced by the newly made weapon.

 The size of the barrel completely changed from a single rod, to a more bulky appearance. The leftover metal was united into one single piece surrounding the barrel. The weapon had a pattern of a red lightning starting on the grip, and swirling around the barrel.

 Looking at it with the MPD, I was surprised.

Gauss Cannon Raijin

A strange weapon, named as a Gauss Cannon.
The Raijin is powered up by raw mana, accelerating the bolts to high speeds. With the amount of energy the cores provide, its fire power is higher than Satz by 6X.
Unfortunately, the fire rate of Raijin is much lower than Satz, also by 6X.
The Special effect of this Cannon, is its weight, which might confuse people because of it’s bulky appearance, but it’s fairly light.
This is not a Relic, nor an Artifact, but a mix from the two. A Relifact. It can only be used by it’s creator, Kenji.

 “Why is everything a Relifact? I don’t get it. Also, why did it transform from a Rifle to a Cannon?!”

 Don’t get me wrong, the Rifle, I mean, cannon would be really useful, but why does it need it to be a Relifact? It could at least be an Artifact.

 “Let me test it a little bit. I need to find that Magmasaur.”

 With the function it had received, the Cannon was actually quite light.

 Walking through the forest with dusk almost arriving was dangerous, but the Magmasaur also had night habits. As I was traveling to the east entrance of the mine, I faced the same monsters from before, so it wasn’t that hard.

 Soon, I found myself in front of the east entrance. The ground was caved in some places, and charred in others. It even had some of the trees around burned too.

 I glanced at the ground, looking for clues to where the Magmasaur headed. Needless to say, the clues were leading towards the inside of the mine.

 “I don't want to go inside. Hmmm… Ah, whatever.”

 Slightly unsure if I really want it to enter, I did so. Albeit, a little hesitant about it.

 The corridors inside the mine were broken in certain parts, like something forced its way inside. In fact, it looked like the entire corridors could cave in at any moment.

 The wooden pillars around were also broken, some completely into splinters already. There were also some dry blood splatters around, all of them small.

 Walking even more forward into the cave, I found some monsters. Bats, Frogs, Salamanders, and… centipedes. NOPE! DIE!

 The Frogs and Salamanders were friendly, unless you attack them, they won’t attack you. Also, they’re a little bit bigger than the normal ones back on Earth. Their sizes ranged from a poodle, to a German Shepherd. Also, both had poison covering them, and some Salamanders had a poison spit. Don’t touch them.

 As for the Centipedes… imagine the Brazilian Centipede. Only 2 meters in length. Yes. That thing… It sent shivers on my spine. What? What’s the problem of being afraid of centipedes? Yeah, I find them gross. WHAT’S THE DAMN PROBLEM?!

 Anyway, I just killed them. They were around half a meter in width, and 2 meters in length. That thing had not only a super strange sound while crawling, but also an acid spit! And it melted the jacket I had on me! FUCK!

 Anyway, when I saw one, I killed it. I ain’t taking any chances with those things. They are super gross, and I have some… bad experiences with them.

 Well, after walking deeper into the cave, I did find some big rooms, with rails on them. They were very old, but what got my eye on them though, was that only one of the pathways had the rails destroyed. And, they were also a bit scorched. Find ya!

 And I regretted searching for the Magmasaur.

 Imagine a Triceratops, with instead of three horns, it has two cannons of lava on its shoulders. Its head had like a crown on the top, and in the top of that “Crown”, had some spots with steam coming from them.

 “A trike, but with a fire launcher. What kind of fantasy world is this?”

 Although the monster was there, he was bleeding. If I took the chunk of flesh lacking on his body, and compared it to something else, it would all point it to the Volatilion. So that’s why it escaped towards here. It was getting away from the Volatilion.

 When I checked his HP, it was already pretty low. It had a lot of HP by the way. Like, 98 K. But now, it was only around 11 K. And it was decreasing steadily.

 “Hm? Is it eating something?”

 Looking more closely, the Magmasaur was chewing on rocks and chunks of ores. As soon as he stopped chewing, it regurgitated the chewed thing. Of course, all of the chewed stuff was now a blob of lava, and it spitted on its injuries.

 Basically, he was patching himself up. Nonetheless, those same injuries weren’t being healed. He was basically cauterizing the injuries, and that was making its HP fall even more. But, its bleeding was being lessened, so his work was going well.

 If it wasn’t by me. Let’s test this out!

 With Raijin in my hands, I pointed towards the Magmasaur. Pouring some mana on the weapon, one of the four cells shone, and soon, it exploded.

 KAPOW!

 “What?”

 Guruuuuuu~

 “Aw, shit.”

 With the explosion of the cell, it warned the Magmasaur of my presence. He instantly launched two lava balls where I just was. The lava balls not only melted the stone I was, but also exploded, tossing lava all around.

 Luckily, the Magmasaur wasn’t moving much. Looks like he is in pain, so moving will put him in a bad situation. Taking the MPD, and analyzing Raijin, it showed that the exploded cell transmitted the raw mana to the barrel.

 “So, it’s working normally. Well, kinda.”

 With the monster not moving a single inch of where he was, I couldn’t shoot at it while running. Plus, Raijin needed to put and prepare the cartridge. So, I came up with a generic solution.

 “Kasumi! Can you create a shadow clone of me?!”

 (I can~!)

 “Then do it!”

 While running, I glance around, seeing an exact copy of myself, completely black though. Nice!

 As soon as the shadow clone was complete, the Magmasaur focused on it. It started to toss lava balls at it, and I stopped running, and reloaded Raijin.

 The gun made a Zuoo~n sound, and it started to tremble a bit. Don’t explode. Don’t explode. Don’t explode. When the trembling started to get stronger, I didn’t think twice, and shot the bolt.

 “Guh!”

 The recoil I got from Raijin was too strong, and I ended up colliding on the wall. Raijin didn’t explode at least. When I got up and looked towards the Magmasaur, there was a huge hole into the monster’s side.

 Not only that, but the entrance of the wound was caved, and the bolt of Tungsten was on the other side, lodged on the wall. That was… AWESOME! The Magmasaur was dead. When I checked where the bolt had pierced, it was exactly the heart.

 “Well… this was… productive.”

 Digi-Scanning the entire body, I also stored Raijin and walked out of the mine. As soon as I reached town, it was a mess. And that was because of a certain monster right at the walls. The Volatilion.

 “Oh, C’mon!”

 The Volatilion was destroying the walls, and probably trying to devour someone. Taking Satz off its holster, I rushed and kept shooting towards it.

 While the town was being attacked, the culprits for the Volatilion’s attack on the city, were watching from afar.

 “Hmmm… So that is the Pure Mana Source.”

 One of the men was watching Kenji with great interest. That man was on a surveillance mission. He was tasked in finding the Pure Mana Source.

 “My Lord will be very pleased.”

 “We received another task, Master.”

 The man was about to move towards the town, but was suddenly interrupted by one of his inferior men.

 “Why?” His voice was stern.

 “A-Apologies. We just received a message from Gorgon.”

 “And?”

 “Her message was to just attack the city, and guide the Pure Mana Source towards the south.”

 “The South? Why the south?”

 “She said that he would go to the south already, but we must do a little push. Also…”

 “You’re wasting my time.”

 “Y-Yes! Uhm… She said to get the Bride.”

 “Ah! The Bride. I see. If only the Pure Mana Source is acquired, without the Bride, the Ascension will not happen.”

 He turned back towards the town, seeing Kenji being tossed on the air by the Volatilion. So that boy might make his own mana more pure.

 “Looks like I will ascend this time… You, inferior being.”

 “Master?”

 “Oh nothing. Come here a bit.”

 Needless to say, these men were not human. They were Vampires. And the man with the highest position among them, was a Pure Vampire.

 The one he called over, was but a simple Former-Human. When the man arrived right in front of the Pure Vampire, he put his two hands on his subordinate’s shoulders, and bit into his neck.

 The Former-Human started to flail its arms around, trying to push away his superior, afraid of dying this time. But no matter what he did, the Pure Vampire was strong. And when the Former-Human was starting to lose strength, the Pure Vampire let it go off his shoulders.

 With his two hands, he pierced the Former-Human’s throat, and poured mana on them, and pushed his two hands to the sides, making the body of the Former-Human to be nothing more than a pool of blood.

 “Hmmm…” He licked his fingers and lips. “It’s not delectable. Oh, the boy is holding something. Hm?”

 When the Pure Vampire finished gulping the remaining blood on him, he looked towards the town, seeing Kenji holding a strange object.

 After holding and charging the object with mana, sufficient enough that even the Vampire, which was really far away, could feel the amount of it.

 “What? What’s that?”

 Needless to say, the weapon Kenji had in his hands was Raijin. Let’s turn the clock just a little bit.

 When I just arrived at the town’s walls, the monster was about to eat an entire family. Fuck it! No time to think! Taking Raijin in my hands, I charge another cell, which explodes it, and shoots at the Volatilion.

 The bolt of Tungsten pierced it’s right side, and kept going, until it destroyed around 6 more buildings, making them collapse. Aw, shit. Whatever, I have the money of those bandits, anyway.

 “Hm? It’s more… hot? Oh. No.”

 The Volatilion did not eat the family, but… He was glaring daggers at me. Like the Magmasaur and the Krakagator, its blood was also a dark orange, in color. The thing is… the Volatilion was transmitting more heat. And of course, its target was me. Why it isn’t dead yet?

 (Uhm… Master? I think it’s better to run, no?)

 “Well, it noticed me. What’s the second step?”

 With a loud roar towards me, the Volatilion rushed. I glanced quickly at the family who was about to be eaten, and just pointed with my head away. As soon as the giant T-Rex started to run towards me, the family got away.

 Running through the remainder of the town, I avoided the debris around, and sometimes… the fireballs of the Volatilion. Wait, these are lava balls! After some distance, I started to charge another shot of Raijin, I turned around, and when I was about to shoot…

 “Boom goes the… GAH!”

 Of course, I wouldn’t have time to shoot. Incidentally, the Volatilion couldn’t reach me, so he waved his tail, destroying more buildings around him, and sending me to the air. Can’t… Breath…

 Unfortunately, I ended up shooting, and the bolt pierced the ground, and sent me flying even higher. I ended up crashing onto some high building, destroying the roof, and the second floor.

 “Urgh… Gahah!”

 With a numb body, and coughing blood, I felt like everything was going black. Glancing to my left, I could feel the pain expanding all over my arm. And to my right, I was still holding Raijin.

 “Can’t… Breath…”

 (Master! Master!)

 Amara came out of my shadow, and was looking with teary eyes, while somewhere, the Volatilion was roaring, searching for its prey. The heat… it’s getting… stronger…

 My chest was hurting, my left arm was strange. At least I was feeling less pain on my legs. Amara was with teary eyes, and looking around.

 (Stop Crying! Help master! Heal him!)

 Until a very childish voice interrupted my thoughts, and directed orders to Amara. Kasumi… Of course… If you think about it, Amara would be the little sister, huh?

 “What do I do?!

 (Grrrr!) Is Kasumi gritting her teeth? (You will kiss master, and try to heal his organs.)

 “What? Wah?”

 (You can’t heal wounds the easy way. You don’t have access to Light nor Holy Magic. So… you're gonna have to use your plants power to do so. Kiss Master, and heal him by doing that.)

 Amara was still a little bit hesitant, but she did as Kasumi said. Also, Kasumi kept gritting her teeth and the sounds were getting more and more loud. Well, this is my first kiss, but… ah, what am I thinking?

 Amara approached me, and our lips intersected. With a prickly feeling, something passed through my throat, reaching my chest. And as soon as that happened, the pain started to rescind. What is this~?!

 The prickly feeling passed, and when I looked at Amara, she was getting sleepy.

 “Uou! What?”

 I held her in my arms, just before she fell. Hm? She’s sleeping.

 “Kasumi, what was this?”

 (My Mother… Told me about Amara’s skills. Since she is essentially a forest monster, she can heal by touching people.)

 “Okay. Wouldn’t she just need to touch my arm then?”

 (…) Kasumi fell silent.

 “Kasumi?”

 (I’ll kill her.)

 “Okay, let me-Uou!” I ran to the window. “He found me. Argh! My body is aching again! Fuck!”

 Grabbing Amara, I break through a window, and land on another building, while hearing the tear and breaking of blocks behind me. Good thing I grabbed Raijin before jumping.

 “Kasumi!” She put Amara on my shadow again, and I rushed towards another window. “Need to charge this thing to its maximum output.”

 Putting Raijin on my right shoulder, I jumped through the window, and kept charging the Cannon. The cell exploded, but I kept pouring more mana onto it. Let’s go with a big boom.

 Grrrrr!

 The Volatilion was growling towards me, and approaching very slowly. Upon a good look, its body injuries were opening even more, and the hole I’d made was pouring even more blood out.

 “HEY BIG GUY! SAY AAA!”

 With all of my mana poured at Raijin, I pressed the trigger. The amount of mana I poured, unfortunately, made the cannon’s barrel explode. The recoil was enough to send me flying once again, but this time, the bolt pierced the Volatilion’s mouth and head, and finally, killed him. 

 His body fell on the ground, limp. Putting Raijin back at the Digi-Storage, I walked towards the body, and stopped midway.

 “The heat… is not subsiding. It’s… getting even hotter…”

 “TAKE THE PEOPLE AWAY AS FAST AS POSSIBLE! QUICKLY!”

 Within the flames, a voice echoed. Probably the GM.

 “Ah, whatever.”

 Approaching the body within that heat, was hurting even more my own body. My gauntlets cracked in some places, but the lens I’d made were still intact.

 “Aaaand… stored.”

 The entire body entered my Digi-Storage, and I… fell unconscious. Once again.

42