Chapter 21 – Kaboom?
1.5k 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 It has been more than 3 months since I was brought to this world. Really, 3 damn months. First I’m deemed useless, which, I don’t mind, since the guy who summoned us is… kind of a dickhead.

 After that, I got an old woman, with the voice of a young one, and strange, reptilian eyes, using her clairvoyant abilities to see into my future, which did work well. I discovered I have a rare color in my mana, which is Blue, and it’s rare. Don’t know why?

 Following that, I registered as an adventurer(cliche of Isekais), went to the forest, met a giant tiger, almost died(two times), and got two new companions. Amara, a Necrotic She-Viper, evolved form of a Necrotic Alraune, and Kasumi, a Darkness Fox-Spirit, which also is the Daughter of one of the Fox-Goddesses. Yes, there’s more than one.

 With that over, I made some weapons for myself, one of them broke the next day I’d made it, made a firearm(which is more useful than anything else), made some gauntlets with Mythril wires(which I rarely use tbh) and blades on them.

 After that, I visited the Dungeon near the capital, fought a guy named Vulture, and he tried to eat my left eye, which I wasn't keen on letting him do, so I shot the eye he gouged out. Unfortunately, I lost my left eye, and subsequently, some of my skills don’t work anymore.

 Receiving that kind of injury, I started to train under an Alchemist Witch, who was impressed by my fast work, and even ended up creating a new type of tool, called Relifact. Luckily, with the Relifact thingy, I was able to make a tool to replace my Scan that I lost from before.

 I also remade my firearm, and even gave a name to it, calling it Satz, a German name that means Sentence. The firearm was a purplish blue in color, and even received a chain pattern on it, with light-blue in color around it. I also learned about enchantments as well.

 With that, 2 months had passed. I traveled to the south, a quest that the Witch tasked me with. She asked me to find and defeat a monster called Krakagator, a giant alligator, reminding me of the prehistoric Sarcosuchus. Defeating one of them, I tried to return and defeat the rest of them, but ended up finding a giant T-rex, named Volatilion.

 Not fighting it was a good thing, since I needed a new weapon to do so. After seeing that thing, I returned to the town of Caerleon, and reported about it. The city was super crazy about it, and started to evacuate, and I made a new weapon, which I called Raijin. A Gauss Rifle that turned out to be a Cannon.

 The weapon was used to defeat a Magmasaur, a quest I accepted and finished. And after I returned to town, the Volatilion dinosaur was attacking. I defeated the monster, and was out for 2 weeks, making me completely stiff.

 I stayed 2 more days in town, visiting a dungeon close to it, faced some earth monsters there, and even a Terrae Drake that had its scales made out of Mondálium, which was defeated by a blob of acid that I tossed on its mouth.

 With that, Amara had now her STATUS unlocked, and the treasure chest had some good things. Then, the other room after the boss room, had a Khakkhara staff inside of the treasure chest, and 5 chunks of Mondálium inside. Of course that was super good.

 With the 5 days of travel to Caerleon town, more 1 day of resting, 2 weeks, more 2 days to wait for the carriage to Salis-Side, and then more 1 week of travel to there. And while traveling there, the blood moon got eerier than before, making the monsters stronger.

 Oh, and before I traveled to Salis-Side city, I also made a new firearm, a shotgun, with a rotary clip in place of the pump part of it. I just rotate the clip, and the shells start to fill the barrel to shoot. It’s quite fast by the way.

 And things go wonderfully right! Or terribly wrong. Since Salis-Side was being threatened by a seemingly extinct Race, a giant.

 My stay in the city was considered… a life saving for the townsfolk. Why? If you don’t remember, I’m a B-Rank adventurer! The Adventurer’s Guild Receptionist was taken aback, since my STATUS was rather low, but I was already B-Rank. Not gonna lie, it’s a fact.

 She was taken aback, but! She noticed that my weapons weren't the usual ones. Why do people think that, anyway? Alas, I had another thing in mind. I needed the Cores of S-Rank monsters to evolve the [Technomagic] skill.

 Another thing I was in doubt about. Ranked Cores. Their ranks are… well, strange. They are considered from the same ranks as the Adventurers Rankings too. E- to SSS-Rank. With that in mind, I asked the receptionist about it.

 “The Rankings of Monster Cores?” I nod. “Hmmm… They are classified as such, but it is not to mean that high ranked monsters cannot be slain by lower ranked adventurers. Although the guild doesn’t recommend that.”

 Fair enough. Why risk your life with that? Is what she wanted to say. She also informed me about the two monsters that were close to the town, and guess what? They were considered S-Rank monsters, but can be defeated by B- or A-rank adventurers. But of course, it’s not that easy.

 First of all, the most hard one to me now, was an Ocean Monster. There were 2 quests for Flying Monsters, and one to an Aquatic Monster.

 The Aquatic Monster was a Crab Serpent. It had some kind of carapace instead of scales. Looking at the image, it was really ugly, to say the least. Oh, and they’re an invasive species. They are not from around here, but from a greater depth. They usually live in a hole, and anything that passes close to it, they just attack to eat.

 Unfortunately, they are very close to where the fishermen usually fish, so they’re both a threat, and a nuisance, so they were marked to be slain as soon as possible.

 “And as for Flying monsters?”

 She showed me two quests. One was of a high danger and the other less. Nonetheless, they were both really hard. Why? C’mon, between a Griffin and a Flying Chimera, which would you choose? With the luck I have? I’m bound to face the two, I’m sure.

 I accepted the three quests, since I was sure to find the flying ones together. Also, she said that the Chimera wasn’t like a normal one. What is normal about a Chimera, anyway? The Flying Chimera was a mix between a Pegasus, an Eagle, a Goat, and a Lion. In heads, anyway.

 The front legs were of an eagle, and the hind legs were of a horse. Instead of a serpent head tail, it had a long spiky tail, with the tip being bushy like that of a horse. Who was the idiot who engineered this thing? It was too strange to say the least.

 “So, I need to be careful because of the tail?” I ask the lady.

 “Yes. The tail can shoot the spikes in your direction. It is highly valued though, so if you want more than a penny, you might want to cut it off before fighting it.”

 Makes sense, I guess. How much? Wow. The entire tail, for more than 150 Gold Coins?! The wings weren’t that valued, and… What? 4 Cores?!

 “Why 4 cores?”

 “Because of the monsters that were mixed into his body.”

 “How was it created anyways?”

 “Uhm… Scholars theorize that it was created with high and concentrated amounts of mana, and the remains of said monsters.”

 The Bestiary informed me that it had the four cores of the monsters that created them, but it had also another core, being the S-Rank core I needed. Why does a flying monster have a Wind Core? Maybe it can use Wind Magic?

 As for the Griffin, it was as we all see on the internet. Quadruped monster, with the front legs being that of an eagle, hind legs of a lion, also tail of a lion, head of an eagle, and a pair of wings. This one has highly valued wings! What the hell!

 Sighing heavily, I walk away from the guild. Also, people were eyeing me really hard. Might be because Kasumi and Amara were on my shoulders, anyway.

 We were making our way to the port part of the town, where the fishermen were waiting. There was also a quest for escorting them, right? I didn’t take that, but the Receptionist said that at the port, there was a ship that would take me to where the Crab Serpents were located.

 I saw the ship, where a bunch of burly men were waiting. They look more like pirates than fishermen.

 “Are you guys the ones to help take care of the Crab Serpents?”

 The guy, who looked like the leader, eyed me up and down, probably searching for something bad about me?

 “Yet another weakling. Tch! We ain’t takin anyone who ain’t ready to take those things down! Go back! We ain’t takin you with us!”

 “I see.”

 Turning my back, I walk back towards the forest close to the city.

 “Master, should I transform them into your slaves?

 “Where did that come from?”

 “They acted as if you were useless.

 “Yeah, probably because of my clothes. Not that it matters anyway. Guess I’ll need to take care of the other two.”

 Walking away from the port, I entered the forest to the west. After all, it was there that the two monsters of my quest were expected to be. Also, the Griffin was targeting the cattle, so the farmers sent a request to the guild.

 “Who wants chicken meat tonight?”

 (Master. Griffins aren’t meant to eat.)

 Who cares? We proceeded there, asked the farmers, and walked to the forest, searching for our targets.

 Honestly, the forest was pretty much normal. Except that instead of deer, it had moose. Oh, and they were aggressive. And their antlers had a… rainbow pattern on them. Their hide was especially good, and their meat was really praised. Not that I ate before.

 As we were passing through the forest, we found some tree trunks broken and scratched. The scratches were pretty deep, and tree trunks were with a big chunk off. Found something. Who exactly?

 Following the trail of destruction, we found an elevation, and probably where the nest was located.

 “Hm? What was that?”

 I could hear some sounds, and probably of battle. Climbing on the elevation, I finally found what the sounds of battle were. It was two Griffins, fighting for some prey. Two? Wow. One is white and the other is more brown.

 Both of them had some chestnut color to their fur, and I would be using that as an opportunity.

 “The brown one is our target. And is the more powerful one too. Amara, Kasumi. You two will fight the white one, while I take care of the brown.”

 “Will you be okay?

 “Who do you take me for?”

 Both of them sighed, and followed my orders. Taking Gemetzel off my back, I rushed towards the two, and shot on the brown one. And as soon as the shrapnel hit him, Amara and Kasumi were now right at the feet of the white Griffin.

 Amara was the same size as me, and Kasumi was on her head. Amara coiled on the wings of the Griffin, while Kasumi used lightning on its face. Ouchie.

 As for me? I was avoiding the claws of the brown Griffin, and shot one time while doing so. The shrapnel wasn't going very deep, since I was shooting from some distance away from him.

 I rushed towards the cliff when the Griffin was about to get me. His attack was to dive, and sweep its claws on the target. As we approached the cliff, the brown Griffin dived again, passing right above me, and down the cliff. And that was my chance.

 “This is gonna be stupid.”

 Jumping off, I fell right at the Griffin’s back. With a screech, the Griffin got the speed up by a ton. I felt the air pressure on my body, and the Griffin was going up even more, spinning around, to make me fall.

 And when he spun super quickly, I accidentally let go off his fur, and would fall… if it wasn’t by its tail.

 Fiaaaaah!

 Yet another screech and the Griffin was… falling?

 “Wuaaaaah!”

 Note to self: Don’t ever grab the tails of flying monsters, since that stabilizes them.

 The Griffin would fall for quite the distance, and using that as an opportunity, I crawled to its belly, since it was the most easy to do right now, activated my right |Fiery Blade| and slashed at the two front legs of the Griffin.

 Another screech, yet another spin from the Griffin, and I pierced its chest area.

 Fiaaaaaaah!

 And with that, it was dead. Shame that something grabbed the Griffin’s corpse while we were falling.

 “What?!”

 Looking at what it grabbed… What do you know? The Flying Chimera. What a lucky day. The Lion head glanced towards me, and soon the Eagle head did the same.

 And the Flying Chimera let the Griffin’s corpse go. Oh c’mon! Piercing the corpse, I used it as a cushion to not take too much damage.

 “This~ is gonna be a bumpy ride.”

 The forest area we were falling, had some big trees, and lots of branches on the way down.

 Between the Griffin’s value, and my life, I would of course prioritize the Griffin’s value. Joking by the way. I just slashed at the wings, and let them fall off, while the body took the beating.

 “Argh!”

 Alas, as we reached the ground, some branches scratched me, and the ground impact had hit me as well. Urgh! This hurts! What? I do have the [Pain Resistance] skill, what about it? It’s resistance, not immunity!

 “Shit! What do… I do?”

 The Flying Chimera was coming down, probably to check its prey. Yes, do come here, you little bitch. When the Chimera’s Lion head roared, probably in delight of its prey being dead, I pulled Gemetzel, and shot the horse's head in the middle.

 “Surprise! I’m back!”

 With yet another roar, the Chimera was in a lot of pain. There wasn’t only shrapnel on the cartridges, but also some big pellets of the Adamantite alloy. So it also had more than just a few cuts.

 “Relax! This will only hurt!” I conjured a Magic Crystal of fire in my right hand, and installed it on the chamber on Gemetzel. “A LOT!!!”

 Holding on top of Gemetzel instead of below, I shot the two left shells on the clip. The two shells were launched from the barrel, and a fireball, together with shrapnels on it, traveled, hitting the Flying Chimera’s two left heads.

 With a loud screech, the body got on fire, and after a few seconds it fell limp on the ground. Thankfully, Amara and Kasumi arrived. Amara transformed into her giant She-Viper form, and crawled through the forest. Kasumi jumped towards me, while Amara used a Water spell to put out the fire on the Chimera’s body.

 (Master! You’re okay?!)

 “Yeah. Kinda.”

 Cracking my neck as I got up, and taking the Crystal off the chamber on Gemetzel, I was rather surprised. The crystal came out flying, and when it bounced on the ground, it became dust. Wow! So this is what happens, huh?

 (I grabbed this on the way here.)

 Kasumi pulls out a pair of wings off of her Shadow Storage.

 “Oh, nice. Thanks!”

 I say as I pet her. She let out a Hee~Hee~ and started purring. Scanning the two Griffins(Kasumi put the other out, btw), and I scanned that too. And also the Flying Chimera too. After that, we made our way out of the forest.

 On our way back, I noticed something very interesting. It was some kind of goo, except that it looked like clay. It had a strange color to it, a dark green tinge. Approaching the strange clay, I took out the MPD. Taking a look at the strange mass, I was agape with the result.

Unstable Mass

A mass of unknown composition located in high mana concentration places. This Mass, can be found anywhere, especially in forests.
Upon contact with anything having living mana, it will enter in combustion, and explode. If added some kind of catalyst, and can be stabilized.

 “It can be stabilized. A catalyst. Hmm…”

 Taking a core off of my Storage, I toss it on the blob of mass. It started bubbling, looking almost about to explode. Afraid of receiving the short end of the stick, I rushed behind one tree trunk, and waited a little.

 Getting off the cover, and looking once again with the MPD, it still was the Unstable Mass. Hmm… Low ranking cores won’t work… so~ Taking the core of a Wolf of the Capital’s Dungeon, I tossed once again, and rushed behind the tree trunk.

 No explosion came out, but it bubbled more strongly, even sending some drops away. And when it touched a small rock…

 KABOOOOM!

 I saw the explosion. And I was both happy, and terrified upon the effect of what the Unstable Mass could do. This thing… didn’t have a flame. Yes. The explosion that happened, didn’t have any kind of flame on it.

 “Isn’t this… basically a C4 Charge?”

 Once again, it didn’t have much of an effect. But! The MPD showed a % of Stability now. It was at 3.79% of Stability. More cores then! At least, it warned me, to NOT add thousands of cores together.

 “You two.” They looked at me. “We will take sometime back to the city.”

 The two sighed, and crawled off my shoulder, and started to walk into the forest.

 “Be sure to not go too far!”

 With a Yes~, the two walked away. It took, exactly -3 hours!- to Stabilize this mass. I have spent all the Wolf cores from the Dungeon, as well as the cores I got from the 1st to the 9th floor of the Mining Dungeon. ALL OF THEM!

 Oh, and it touched things around, exploding sometimes. In the end, it changed from Unstable Mass, to Stabilized Solution.

Stabilized Solution

A Stabilized version of the Unstable Mass.
After an idiot spent a long time adding Monster Cores to it, it stabilized itself into an Explosive.
WARNING
It can explode by a small quantity of Electricity on contact.

 “Yeah, this thing is now a C4 Charge. Let’s call it… What do I call it?”

 Calling it C4 is too lame. That’s why I want to name it. Has someone ever stabilized this thing? Forming small bricks, with 5 centimeters in height, 10 centimeters in length and wide, was what I was doing while thinking of a name.

 “Well, I can’t give it a name, if I don’t make the detonator now, can I?”

 Taking my MPD out, I check my [Technomagic] skill once again. And analyze one little thing. The Sub-Skill {Electronic Communication}. I can make use of radio waves, and try to disrupt them, to activate the explosion.

 Nothing would come out, if I didn’t test. So, I made a small rod of some copper I’d had, and also enchanted to be like a Transmitter. It didn’t work out that well. I mean that well, because I acquired another skill, after reaching Maximum Tier in [Mana Manipulation].

 “{Remote Manipulation}? ‘It allows the user to transmit mana through an enchanted device.’ Hmm… Should I use Lightning Crystals with my mana signature on them? I could make do if I had Lightning Magic, but I can’t. Not now at least.”

 And with that, I tried with some Lighting Crystals. And it worked. As soon as I did that, the crystal emitted very small lightning around it. I made the crystals very small, the size of my pinky finger. After that, I inserted them on some of the bricks of explosives.

 “A name! I need to give it a name!”

 My fixation on the name wasn't only because it would look cool, but also to make it so a Relifact, or something like it. If I gave it a name, it could make it much stronger too.

 “How about… Zerstörer?”

 And a strange thing happened. Instead of light, it was like a black smoke. It engulfed everything around, even me. After that, the smoke was gone, and there it was… Zerstörer, with a cover of black mass around it.

 “Okay. Maybe the black smoke was an effect of the name, since it means Devastator?”

 With the MPD in hand, I scanned to see what it was.

Explosive Charge Zerstörer

A Charge of explosives, created by stabilizing Unstable Mass with Monster cores.

Its explosion is capable of destroying even a Mondálium shield. It is highly advised to not be too close when the explosion happens.

Different from any kinds of flaming explosives, this one creates a shockwave, capable of tearing flesh and bones with extreme ease.

Its special effect lies in the protection around it. Unless someone is capable of taking such protection off, it cannot deactivate the charge.

This is not a Relic, nor an Artifact. But a mix from both, an Relifact. Different from other Relifacts, it can be used by anyone.

 “So it can be used by other people, huh? Not so sure about this one.”

 Looking through, all of the charges I’ve made had the black cover mass on them. I doubt if someone does the same, will receive the same cover. With that, I heard a rustling sound behind me. I can tell that it isn’t Kasumi nor Amara, since those two are, in fact, right now, on a river nearby.

 Let’s find out. Taking one of the Zerstörer in hand, I toss behind me, without even batching an eye to what, or who it is. Human, it is not. The remote detonator was a simple one, by the way.

 Carrying a Colorless magic Crystal on it, and with a cylindrical shape, with a red button on top of it, I activate it, and behind me, I hear a screech, before the explosion happens. Fortunately, whatever it was, is dead. Unfortunately, the shockwave was so strong that I was sent crashing onto a tree trunk.

 “Urgh! Damn!”

 Getting up, and looking at what it was, I found a Black Mantis. The remains of it, anyway. I would store it, but…

 “Is it liquefying?!”

 The Black mantis body liquefied itself, slowly but surely. In the end, what remained was a crimson core. But the MPD informed me, saying that this isn’t a simple thing.

 “This is…!”

Bloody Core

A core made out of blood and inserted into a monster. It allows the core’s creator to manipulate whoever received the core, either human or monster.
With this high purity level of blood, it is to believe the creator of such core, to be a Pure Vampire.

 “Once again. First, the attack on the capital’s forest. Now, this?” I say as I narrow my eyes. “I know you’re still listening. So… Let me tell you this. Don’t worry, douchebag. I’m coming to your boss. Not now though. But I will.”

 With yet another rustling sound, and a wave of Killing Intent, I got shivers throughout my spine. GUH! This is even worse than the Tigrass! The Killing Intent makes me waver, but I don’t fall on my knees. Looking for the source, I understand that I won’t be able to find him out.

 Still, his message was sent. If I can summarize, it means: “Be quick. Or else.” It was a threat. One that I took to heart.

 “Sigh… Let’s move towards where the girls are.”

 Sending a message to them via telepathy, they tell me to go there, and join them. I’m tempted to, but I won’t. I want to go back to the city as fast as I can. I’m hungry, and that Killing Intent just made me hungrier, anyways.

 “Let’s see what you’re capable of… Lord of the Vampires.”

Thank YOU! For reading this chapter~

42