Chapter 24 – The Flight of the Bird, and the Birth of the Anarchist
1.3k 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 After a good night’s sleep, I was up and about. Funny how more than 30 portions for one person vanished in a few hours. I think I stayed out for about 5 hours? Little point: I don’t get tired(physically), and when I sleep, I get much better at things!

 My work gets even better each time I sleep, so some things proceed quite fast. Like wing making. I actually had sleep before making the wings, and the work got faster a bit. A bit, since I think I would need to spend a week to finish it. I will finish it in 3 days.

 Anyway, the wings were ready, and I was about to attach them. Another Little point: The girl was looking rather excited to me. Like, a lot.

 “Alright… this will hurt… Suck it up.”

 ““MASTER!””

 After saying and receiving the fox and plant kind words, I connected the wings to the metal shoulder blades. By the way, the metal took the color of her skin! It was interesting to see something like that. But since I’m not into this kind of experimentation, I won’t try to pry into it.

 The connectors of the wings, and at the shoulder blades, were made with the Symbiotic Metal. I guess it’s better to change to Adaptive Metal? Makes more sense. Connecting them was like plugging something on a power plug. With a -click!- sound, the first wing connected simply! But…

 “Hng!”

 The girl held a scream.

 “You can scream. Kasumi put up a-”

 “Gyaaaaaaaaa~h”

 I didn’t even finish saying something, and she let out a loud scream. Ouchie. Okay. You might ask: If she has the Pain Immunity skill, why can she still feel pain? Well, apparently, these wings are actually Relifacts. I haven't named them yet. Thought that it would be better to name it after I put them on the girl first. Already had a name in mind by the way.

 Anyway! Why does she still feel the pain? It is connected to the Relifacts. They are not things from this world, apparently. I don’t get it. It is related to the Skills System, and! They ignore the skills. They are on the system, but it’s like they’re something out of it.

 Put it simply, think about a Linux Program that works on a Mac system. It wasn’t supposed to work, but it does. Simple as that.

 “Ne- Gh! Next… Master…”

 “Yay. I’m feeling bad now.”

 And I connected the second wing… Resulting into yet another scream of pain.

 “It… is… over…”

 “Not yet.” She froze. “I mean… I still need to give it a name, and you’ll be able to make full use of it.”

 “But… I can move them…”

 She showed by flapping them.

 “Yeah, not enough. How about… Hræsvelgr?”

 And it glowed! White! The girl let out a yelp of confusion, and after a few seconds later, everything was normal. Except for the color of the feathers, and the metal looks.

 The feathers, before, had a brown tinge to them, but now? They are completely white, with no speck of dust on them. The Adaptive Metal? Was Dark-Gray. Now? It’s gold. Really gold. Kinda reminds me of those optional bosses from that White Guy with a Red mark game.[Author’s Note: Really? You don’t know? C’mon man]

 And of course! I Scanned the wings.

Valkyrie’s Wings Hræsvelgr
Wings created as a replacement of the old ones.
Named after the myth of Hræsvelgr, the originator of the winds in Norse mythology.
These wings are as strong as Mondálium, and have 3 Special Capabilities:
First, it can launch feathers as strong as a rock falling from the skies. Normally,
if mana or magic is added to it, it will amplify such effect by tenfold
Second, it can produce
a shield to protect the wearer, and the resistance is that of Mondálium. If mana or magic is added to it, it will amplify such an effect based on the attack received.
Third, it can be hidden to the user's desire. Thanks to the Adaptive Metal, the user can make the wings retract, and be hidden so as not to be a drag.
What you thought this is? Of course, another Relifact! Cannot be used by anyone else, other than ******. Even its creator cannot use it. Creator, Kenji.

 “Oh yeah. Your name.”

 She jolts, and looks at me. Oh. She just used her wings to hide herself. How cute. With that, I kept thinking of a name for her. The names I had in mind were quite… Meh. Very bad. Too cringe. I mean, Ava is nice, but it literally means: Like a bird. Nope. No way in hell I’m giving her such a name.

 “How about… Lucy?”

 “Eh?”

 She poked her head out of the wings. Seriously? This! Is! Too! Cute! Anyway, she looks… excited?

 “Like it or not?”

 “Uhm… There’s any meaning? Please don’t name me like a bird.” Can she read minds?

 “It means light. Since you have the white feathers and one title related to light as well. How about it?”

 Without even noticing, she put the wings ‘away’. And she looks all desperate to know what just happened? And she is now shaking and looking towards me to know what happened.

 “PLEASE! EXPLAIN!”

 “Okay. Calm down.” She sits on the bed. “Anyway. I named the wings as Hræsvelgr. It is, like it or not, a Relifact.”

 “What’s a relifact?”

 “Something crazy.” She tilts her head. “Anyway! Those wings have some special effects -3 by the way-, and one of them is the capability to ‘put away’ the wings for convenience sake. You just need to think ‘wings away’, and ‘wings back’, and they will be… like that.”

 “Aaaa~…”

 And she kept doing it, over and over again. And after I sighed, after she did that by god knows how many times, she stopped.

 “Now… Your name. Did you like it or not?”

 “Ah. Yes. Thank you! Master!”

 “Just call me Kenji. Having another person calling me Master all the time… makes it sound like I hate my name. To me that is.”

 “Yes! Mr. Kenji!”

 Yay. I have a slave now. WHY?! Ah, whatevs. Anyway, with that finished, I got on the first floor, got some food(because I wouldn’t cook), and gave it to the three. I also ate my part. And when finished, I started to work on my new thing! If Lucy hadn't interrupted, saying she wanted to test the wings out. WHY NOT!?

 In the forest, I let Lucy get used to her wings. When I asked how she flies, she answered me:

 “Hmmm… Like breathing?”

 Meaning! That she does unconsciously. She doesn’t know either.

 After receiving that, I let her fly to her heart's content. I also warned her about monsters and such. She even asked me why I bought her, and even gave her wings back.

 “Honestly? From all the people there, you were the most reliable one. And that merchant also made me angry, so I wanted to toss in his face that you were the best.”

 And she started blushing. Question: Why?! It’s a staple on isekais now?! Save someone, and that person will love you! God Dammit! FUCK! By the way, I bought some clothes for her, AND modified them because of the wings. I also bought some armor, but they weren’t that good, so I would make a new one for her back in the capital. Resources wouldn’t be lacking!

 I made a very flimsy Morning Star for her, and she was brimming with her eyes sparkling. Again: WHY?! It’s just a weapon!

 “Also, can you take these two with you? And you can take a bath at a nearby river if you want. Kasumi, make a barrier to deceive anyone who tries to approach it. Can you make it?”

 She understood my point, and only nodded. Good. No peeping. With that, they took flight. A great quantity of dust, branches and pebbles flew everywhere. Cleaning my clothes and eyes, I started working on my transport device.

 Using the Titanium-Mythril alloy, I made the board, with the size I estimated from before. 30 Centimeters wide, and 120 centimeters long. The board was ready instantly.

 I used the SS-ranked core to make the circuits. AND oh boy! I was into something really dangerous. The core got unstable while doing so. Now you ask: How did you do that? Well, let’s just say the process took… 6 hours to complete. In the meantime, the girls were back.

 “Will we stay out?”

 Lucy asked. I mean, I wouldn’t want to make this in the inn. Also, my stay there after I got Lucy was rejected. Yep. Rejected. The inn’s owner did want to let us stay there, but only! Only if Lucy would sleep in the barn. WITH THE HORSES! I almost punched the owner with all of my strength.

 “Yeah. No dumbass in the city will let us be there. Unfortunately.”

 “Is it because of me?”

 “Yeah. They’re a bunch of idiots.”

 “Master…”

 “What? You wanted me to sugar coat?”

 Amara and Kasumi sighed, probably in exasperation. I’m not the kind to sugar coat words. I simply say, and whatever! With [Transmutation], I built a small rock hut, all square, and pulled out some furs. I still have some furs with me, yet.

 I prepared some quick food for us, and left them to sleep. Lucy said she was super tired, after some hunt. And Kasumi presented me with 1 Griffin’s Corpse, 2 Black Wolves, and 1… Boar. A Red Tusked Boar.

 “Red Tusked Boar. Meat is super good, fur is really bad, and tusks are useful in… some kind of potion… to virility. What the fuck?”

 Anyway, after that, I finished the circuit, with the utmost care to not explode, and not put the 3 on it too. With the circuits done, I made the propellers. They weren’t like a helicopter one. They were literally mana! Yeah! Mana flowed to the four propellers, and pushed them up!

 “Wow~ How the hell did I pull this off?”

 Putting everything together, it made things quite complicated though. The circuits wouldn’t connect. No matter what I did. After revising the circuits once more, and even remaking the propellers, I did find out why it wouldn’t connect. Although I was confused why, it didn’t work either.

 You see, the circuits were made with Wind Element Mana, while the other was made with Non-Elemental Mana. Don’t know, don’t ask. Whatta hell?! After remaking the propellers, this time using Wind Elemental Mana, it worked fine.

 With all done, I mounted the pieces, and soon enough, the thing was ready. Once again, it needed only a name. I called Helios… But no light appeared… Then I tried Hyperion… And nothing again.

 “Uuuhhh… Is it rejecting those names? Sigh… By the uptenth time… WHY!?”

 I tried other names that sounded cool, to me at least, but to no avail. The hover board was ignoring those.

 “You just want a nice and all name, huh? Then… How about Fujin? Oh, you son of a…!”

 As soon as I said that, it shone with a green light. WHOEVER DID THIS! I’M GONNA TEAR YOU APART! And as soon as it finished, the final product was completely different from what I just made!

 First of all the top and bottom parts. The top was a dark-gray, and bottom, full jet black. Now, it was a dark-green on top, and! White on bottom! What the! AAAAAAAH! I held a lot of screams that night. Nonetheless, I scanned this thing, anyway.

Hover-Board Fujin
A Hover-Board using Magic and Technology together.
It’s name is derived from the Japanese God of the Winds, Fujin.
This Hover-Board has the capability of floating, reaching high speeds in no time at all. It has high defense, against both Magical, and Physical attacks.
Special Effect
Requires less mana to activate and use than normal.
This is not an Artifact, nor a Relic. Figures. It’s a Relifact! Unfortunately, only its creator can use it.
Creator, Kenji. :P

 There was… An emote… on the Description. I’M GONNA KILL YOU. With that finished… It was already morning. Fifth day of wait. Tomorrow is the day where the giant appears. What should I do to make things less boring?

 And I decided on taking a quest.

 Well, I wanted to make a weapon for Lucy, but I didn’t have the mind to do it right now. I was too tired for that, and every time I tried to think it through, my mind would go blank. Must be because I’m using too much. What is this, anyway?

 My questions were increasing, and the answers weren’t coming, so I just focused on the quest at hand. The Quest was simple. Deal with a Nest of Harpies.

 “To think I’ll be able to fight again… Hmmmm… I’m so excited~”

 Lucy was super happy by the way. Also, her STATUS had gone up by quite a bit. Her STATUS was between the 1’200 and 4’100. Now though, it has gone up. She had some of her Skills back too.

 She said that her Regeneration was back, and her magic related to the elements as well. Only [Weapon Magic], and [Dream-Walk] weren’t back yet. Her numbers though, were like this.

STATUS –

Name: Lucy Species: Eagle-Kin Age: 15 Years
XP: 12’980 / 64’200 LVL: 18 / 650 (↑2) SP: 12’803 (↑8’200)
HP: 3’200 / 3’200 (↑1’950) MP: 4’300 / 4’300 (↑1’800)
STR: 2’900 (↑300) INT: 3’600 (↑1’500)
CON: 4’200 (↑2’400) AGI: 5’270 (↑1’150)
DEX: 4’980 (↑1’060) LUK: 3’670 (↑570)

 She isn’t as strong as Kasumi, but she might grow into a mighty powerhouse. Kasumi herself had gone up by more 5 Levels, and Amara was… still Amara.

 “Mr.Kenj, what about a party? Haven't you created yet?”

 “Ah. That.”

 A party. The lady in the Guild also asked something about that. Since I had Kasumi and Amara, I never gave much thought. But now with Lucy, this might not be true.

 “Hmmm… It’s necessary for 3 people to form a party, though.”

 “Ah. Kasumi and Amara don’t count?”

 “The guild doesn't allow it. They think that these two are tamed beasts, that might be why. Speaking of which… Hey Amara.” She was in her small Viper Form. “How is it your [Human Disguise] skill?”

 “No problem, Mr.Kenj! I can maintain as much as I want.” Even then, she wasn’t keen on the idea. “But I don’t have a voice.

 “That, huh?”

 With her saying that, I started to think on measures to that. I could create a voice modulator, and give it to her, but it would be hard to make one. That, until I evolved my skill. It would be nice to make it like a medium, or avatar to her.

 The only way to make a medium for her, would be by creating a Homunculus, and unfortunately, I needed some things. The heart of a Higher Existence. That is the most troublesome part. Also, Atavism. That will be hell to have. How the hell can I find it, anyway?

 “No ideas come to mind. Shit. Unless you want to use a collar that will make words sound. What do you think?”

 “If it’s something made by Mr.Kenji! I’ll have it!

 “Fine.” This loyalty is not reassuring.

 We proceeded towards where the Harpy’s nest was supposed to be. We arrived there, finding… a lot of Harpies.

 The Harpies had a different appearance to what I was used to. Like, wings in the place of the arms? Check. Claws in the place of feet? Check. Body completed naked? What the fuck?! Oh, and the mouth… the mouth opened, revealing a much bigger jaw, with all but sharp teeth, in the shape of a beak.

 Their wings were completely black, with some light gray tinge on the tips. This is… Awkward?

 “““MR.KENJI!”””

 “What? I’m not aroused, you know?”

 They thought I would be… Oh. Makes sense. What makes sense, you ask? Well, the Harpies brought male corpses… So THAT explains why some male adventurers were disappearing. What? THEY’RE STILL ALIVE?!

 One of the Harpies brought one man, who was still conscious, and was struggling to set free off of the Harpy’s claws. The Harpy was at quite the height… and it let go of him.

 “Ah.”

 Lucy let out a gasp, and I closed my eyes. The man hit his head on the ground, splashing blood around. The Harpies, aroused by the smell of blood, lounged at the corpse on the ground, devouring every piece of flesh on it.

 “Okay. The ones who can’t fly, try not to get caught. Our objective is to obliterate all of the Harpies. So in short… Annihilate them.”

 I followed another path, going around the nest, while Kasumi would give support to Lucy, and Amara would be on the ground, in her giant She-Viper form. Amara would be the distraction, and the other two would kill any Harpy that tried to escape.

 It didn’t take long for the Harpies to stop eating, and start the attack on the 3. Funny though, their attacks were simple, hence their rank difficulty: C-Rank. Alone. A-rank… an entire nest.

 Amara lashed her tail on them, using Plant Magic to maintain some on the ground, while Kasumi burned, and electrocuted the ones flying, and Lucy smashed the others that Kasumi missed. They were a pretty good team.

 As for me, I would enter the nest from behind, and destroy it. If I had the opportunity, I would kill the queen of the nest, since XP would be tons.

 Alas, it wasn’t easy for me to do so. The Harpies divided themselves, 2/3 to deal with the girls at the front, and the remaining, were right in front of me.

 “Shit. Let’s do this. Burn Everything to Cinders! |Fiery Blade!|

 It’s been such a long time since I used my blades. And using them felt quite nice. With the purer Hihi’irokane, the blades didn’t chipped away so easily, and it cut through tougher enemies like a cinch.

 Some of the Harpies noticed the commotion on the back line, but were too slow to react, and Kasumi roasted them pretty nicely. Ouchie. After all that, I think more than half of the Harpies were dead. With that, I grabbed 7 charges of Zerstörer, putting them like a heptagon, and took some distance.

 “NOW!”

 The explosion set off a shock wave towards us, and even with an earth wall protecting us(I used Transmutation), it wasn’t enough, and the wall broke apart. Fortunately, and I am fucking good by the way, Lucy brought her wings around us, and protected us. Damn, I’m good!

 “Phew. Now, when are you gonna come out?”

 “Who?”

 “The Harpy Queen.”

 Few seconds later, when the entire nest(made out of branches, and some kind of skin) had completely fallen, a different Harpy emerged. This one… looked more human. She had six pairs of wings, and they each covered one area of her body.

 She had one pair on her back, one around her arms(she had arms by the by), and another pair covering her legs. She also had feathers covering her entire body, to hide her proportions. She had the appearance of a little girl, except for the claws on her hands and feet, and also her eyes… which were completely gold, with a slit in the middle. Also, the feathers were red, with a white stripe in the middle.

 Her appearance was kinda cute. If you could exclude the heart she was holding in her hand, and the sharp teeth on her mouth, which just crushed the heart on it. Kinda scary, but not as much.

 “Mr.Kenj.”

 “Yeah?”

 “Can I fight her?”

 I was surprised. Didn’t expect her to do this. Looking through the situation, the Harpy was indeed focused on Lucy, probably thinking of her as a rival of some sorts. Clicking my tongue, since I wanted to fight it with Fujin, I sigh, and…

 “All yours. Do bring the victory though. And I’ll make a unique weapon for you.”

 As soon as the words ‘Unique weapon’ came out of my mouth, Lucy unfolded her wings, and flew towards the Harpy. WHY?! My mentality was really damaged now. I honestly thought girls liked more pink and feminine things! Not that I know by the way, never had a girlfriend.

 The first thing Lucy did as she reached the Harpy, was to swing her morning star clad in fire. The Harpy avoided easily, and swung her claws, and four blades of wind almost hit her. Quite the control over wind, huh?

 Lucy avoided those, and even more subsequent blades, making some maneuvers in the air, like it was walking in the park. I mean, for her it must be. She reached even higher in the air, and used the function of Hræsvelgr. The Feather Artillery. She tossed countless feathers towards the Harpy’s Queen, and she wasn’t able to avoid it in time, receiving all of them in her body.

 With the amount of feathers lodged onto her body, the Harpy’s Queen fell, hitting the ground head first. She didn’t die, but she was bleeding. She glared at me, and rushed towards me. Lucy gasped and wouldn’t reach in time, so…

 “Bop.”

 Charging Satz with lots of mana, I shot at her. The bullet raced and pierced her head, and lots of meat chunks were splattered on the ground.

 “Rule number one: Do not lower your guard, unless the enemy is for sure dead. Remember that, Lucy.”

 “I’m sorry, Mr.Kenji.”

 “Well, mistakes are made. Use them as a reminder. But nice battle by the way.”

 So, I started collecting the Harpies' good parts. No way in hell I would return to the city with lots of Harpie bodies! So, I collected what was really considered to be good. Also, the Harpy’s Queen wings were the most expensive ones. Lucy might have destroyed them, but I could use my Restoration to put them back in shape.

 “Uhmm… Mr.Kenji? What’s with your face?

 (Ignore him… That’s the face he makes when money is involved.)

 How rude! I was just smiling ominously with the amount of money this would fetch! What’s the problem with that?!

 Back at the city, we sold the Harpy’s Queen wings, some of the cores(I saved 2/3 for my personal use), and got quite the money. The quest had a reward of 5 Platinum Coins, and with the spoils, that got up to 8. 8 Platinum Coins! OH YEAAAAAH!

 We got some food in one of the stalls, and got lots of attention, since Lucy ate… quite a lot. And of course, with the days passing, Lucy’s [Enhanced Beauty] skill got the attention of lots of bastards. The problem was…

 “I would like to get her to be sacrificed. To the giant tomorrow.”

 Was the City’s Lord affirmation. And what do you know? He brought quite the adventurers with him. We were at the Inn’s door, and he got around, -what?- more than 30 adventurers?

 “And what if I refuse?” I answered, with a condescending voice.

 “I will be forced to take harsh measures.” He signaled to the adventurers behind him.

 “I see. Amara.”

 At my call, Amara fell off my shoulder, still in her small Viper form. Some adventurers snorted, and others started laughing. And, when she got bigger, and bigger… they were all flabbergasted.

 “I’m not gonna give you what is mine. Gotta a problem with that?”

 I approached the lord of the city, and looked at him with a big grin on my face.

 ◙ CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET. TITLE FEARLESS HAS BEEN ACQUIRED! DUE TO THE TITLE FEARLESS BEEN ACQUIRED, SKILLS FEAR IMMUNITY (UNIQUE), KILLING INSTINCT (LVL 1), AND ANARCHY (UNKNOWN LVL 1) HAVE BEEN ACQUIRED! DUE TO THE SKILL ANARCHY BEING ACQUIRED, THE TITLE ANARCHIST HAS BEEN ACQUIRED ◙

 With my words, Kasumi created balls of fire and lightning, and I activated my two blades, and they were already activated with even the enchantment of |Fiery Blade|.

 “You wanna play this game? Because I’m more than happy about it.”

 With a smile, the lord took a step back. The adventurers as well. The onlookers only saw Amara, and were all trembling in place.

 “Or better yet. Let’s make a bet.”

 “What?”

 The City’s Lord asked me, taken aback. Retracting my blades, I put my hand on my chin, and start speaking.

 “A bet. Tomorrow, the giant will come. And I need something for my skill to evolve. His slime has it.” 

 He made a confused face, hummed over, thought about it, and then reached the conclusion.

 “Are you implying that you will defeat him? Ha!”

 He laughed. I didn’t know what I did before, but I did it again, and he stopped laughing.

 “What’s the matter? It’s a bet. If I die, you can have this little fox… and her.” I pointed towards Amara. “But if I win… You're gonna pay only 1 single coin.”

 He got even more confused. I smiled ominously, and finished my phrase.

 “You gonna pay me… an Orichalcum coin.”

 At that, every single person present there, froze in place. The Orichalcum coin is used only in Countries exchanges, and Nobles bet. So in other words, he can’t get away. He gulps and looks at Amara. Then at Kasumi… and tries to give an answer.

 “I…”

 “You won’t escape… will you?”

 He held his words, and extended his hand. I pulled a leather glove, took off my gauntlet, and put on the glove. Then, I shake his hand. He had a smile on his face, but then it vanished.

 You know, I’m quite paranoid. I did make a single glove, with a word contract magic circle. What does it do? It’s like a Magical Contract, but it uses the words as the contract. Call me an idiot or whatever, but it came in quite handy now. A magic circle appeared on the glove, and then floated in the air. Then, it divided into two smaller ones, and floated towards my, and his hand.

 “Displeasure doing business with ya.”

 That night, we were left outside of the town. They didn’t let us stay there, probably as a countermeasure against me.

So! Many thanks for reading this chapter~! Also, little point here. Sometimes, I'll be putting the STATUS of some of the people on this novel as just the first two, and not the Skills. Because let's be honest, do you really waste your time on reading ALL of the list? SO! They will be SOMETIMES like the one in this chapter!

46