Chapter 26 – Evolution, and Backtracking to the Capital
1.3k 11 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Mr.Kenji…”

 <AMARA!>

 “Geh?! What?! WHO?!

 <Where’s Kenji?! There’s a big problem in the capital! WHERE IS HE?!>

 “Well Mr.Kenji is finishing a battle with a giant right now. Ah. He blew the head of the giant away.

 <Alright! Just warn him… Eh? GIANT?!>

 “Yeah? He just finished. What about it?

 <How is a supposed extinct race… Why? Ho… Is he okay? Kenji, I mean.>

 “Mr.Kenji is fine. He just finished.

 <Hm? So… he finished the race by now. Wait! That’s not it! Send him back to the capital! There’s a problem, and I think he is the key!>

 “Okay. I’ll talk with him.

 After finishing the slime now, I descend from Fujin, and grab the Symbiotic Core. I’m honestly curious as to why it needed a Symbiotic Core, but whatever. After storing the core, I grab another charge of Zerstörer, and put one on the Giant’s mouth, and on his forehead.

 “Boop!”

 Pressing the button, the head of the Giant exploded into meat chunks. Curiously, there was no blood to see. When I looked at the body… all of the blood was gone. Like, really gone. How was the slime able to move this body?

 Scanning the Giant’s Body with the MPD, I found out they… had a core. Yes. They had a core, much like the Drake I fought from before. The core was still intact, and not only that, but it had another crystal right besides the Giant’s Core. Smaller, but it was there.

 The Giant’s core was the same size as the Drake’s Core, and the crystal right on its side, left me wide eyed…

Bloody Core

 “Another one? Wait.”

 Looking through the MPD, and analyzing it more. The time the Bloody Core was inside of him, was about 3 days at most. The Vampire must have done this. He used this core to make the slime more powerful, without the need of the giant.

 The rest of the body was useless, so I asked Kasumi to burn it to ashes. She was confused by my words, but did as I said, and after that, the town’s folk were cheering and shouting in relief.

 “Now! Where’s the City’s Lord?”

 With a look to the people close to us, they looked… happy? They heard me, and probably knew about the bet I had with the Lord. Since he made sure for me not to have any lodgings in the city the other day.

 Surprisingly, the citizens brought the lord to me. When I asked why they did that, the answer was very simple, yet their voices had some… Anger and contempt for them.

 “This bastard rarely took care of the city!” “He just wanted profit.” “When those serpents appeared, he didn’t even care about it!” “The adventurers guild was much better than this bastard!”

 In short: The Lord was a Prick.

 Apparently, when those serpents appeared, he simply stated that the fishermen took care of them, and when the giant appeared, demanding sacrifices, he gave the order to GIVE ANYTHING to the Giant. Some women were chosen, before the Slaves that is, but… Those women were never put on as sacrifices.

 “Wake up, dumbass.”

 “Ugyah!”

 He had a few broken teeth, and couldn’t maintain himself. Taking the MPD and checking his bones… Ouch. 6 of his ribs are broken. Some of his organs were bleeding… He won’t last long. That is, if he didn't do anything to Lucy.

 “So? Someone owes me an Orichalcum coin.”

 “Ygu! Ygu geathed! Bhat’s bot bair!” (You! You cheated! That’s not fair!)

 “I cheated, huh? Nope. I just used your pride, that’s all. Now… What did he make you dress for the sacrifice?”

 Looking at the people, some looked away, some men received an elbow from their wives on the side, and some looked to Lucy with a lustful look. After noticing that, she showed me… A nightgown, perfectly to show EVERYTHING.

 “I see. Well! I don’t need that Orichalcum coin anymore! Your life will do.”

 I heard lots of step backs behind me. Even the Lord was crawling away in fear.

 “Shabe be! Shabe beeee!” (Save me! Save meeee!)

 Grabbing him by the head, I dragged him to the mayor’s building. It was in the center of the town, and it had an underground floor. Needless to say, in there, I found women, with dead looks on their faces. I’m not a hero, but this? This disgusts me.

 “You’re nothing more than a bastard. Let’s see if you like… when someone is leading.”

 I did the same thing he did to these women, except the raping part. Nope.

 Hot metal. Broken bones. Jaws broken. Pierced his flesh. Open some wounds, and toss some kind of pepper sauce on them. Also, he had an iron maiden! I tossed a bucket of Pepper Sauce, and tossed him inside. After that, I put him in some chains, and took the women out of there. Probably wasn’t enough…

 Could that be called torture? Dunno. Did I have any remorse? You bet I didn’t.

 After rescuing the women, healing them, I got an Orichalcum coin from the city. And what you know. That man wasn’t the lord. He was the son of the lord. Why did no one tell me that?

 The people in the Mayor’s building said that the real lord had an Illness, and apparently, the one taking care of that was his son. In truth though, the son was making his father stay on the bed even more, by giving him some strange Medicine.

 What was the Illness the man had? Would you believe it was anxiety? Seriously. The guy was anxious about something. After more than 2 days in the city, the man himself got better. Apparently, there were chamomile flowers in the city, so I got some of that, and gave it to the doctors, and said to give it to the man, to calm him down.

 The man got better, more calm, and… The first thing he did was to thank me for giving a proper punishment to his son. Also, he… would execute his own son in a few days. His eyes showed determination, but also sadness. I mean, who would ever think of executing his own son?

 He also had another child, with one of his concubines. He was sad that it wasn’t a man, but the girl was being taught about being a proper City’s Lord. Of course, they used the example of the main son, as a “Do not Follow his Path” story.

 “Well! It is what it is! Peace at last!”

 “Mr.Kenji. There’s a situation.

 And the universe is completely against me. WHY?!

 After receiving the News about the capital, I decided to have a peaceful rest and return to the capital in 2 days. Sentina had sent a message to Amara, and Amara informed me.

 The situation? Apparently, teacher Yumi and Naomi got kidnapped by a vampire. They weren’t able to find the guy, but some of my classmates, the ones who didn’t die, were searching for me. Actually, just Suzuki. The others were following her, but didn’t want to search for me.

 “Whatever.”

 It was night, and I booked one room for myself. I reserved 2 rooms, one for the girls, and another for me. The girls were frustrated by that, but the Inn owner was thrilled! Of course he would be. Money.

 Why did I reserve 2 rooms? Just to evolve my [Technomagic] skill, of course!

 “What will appear, I wonder. Right now, [Technomagic] has these Sub-Skills.”

Skill Technomagic (100/100) Basic Level

The user can combine magic and technology in various ways, and to various extents. Beginners can create and mimic technology via magic. Advanced users can infuse technology with magic, granting it considerable edge and versatility. True masters can fuse magic and technology entirely, retaining all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.

Sub-Skills of Technomagic
Cyber Mind – Technology Generation – Technology Imitation

Would you like to Evolve Skill Technomagic (Basic)?

 “Am I not in the Advanced Level? I didn’t even use magic to mimic tech.”

 Taking the cores out of my Digital Storage, I put them in front of me. I’m sitting on the floor, and put them all right in front of me.

 “S-Ranked Wind, Fire, Water and Earth cores. And one Symbiotic core. Now, evolve please.”

 A strange circle appeared right where I was sitting. The 5 cores moved to certain positions, with the Symbiotic one right in front of me. The other formed a square, with each on the corners.

 The circle looked exactly like a Circuit board, with a gold glint to it. Soon, the four cores melted, and the symbiotic absorbed them. Like a stream of water, the elemental cores flowed above me, and into the Symbiotic core.

 As for the Symbiotic Core, it shone with each color, until all of the “Liquid” entered on it. The black core now had the four colors of the other Crystals, except for being more darker. A crimson red. A Deep Blue. A Dark Green. And a purple color. Why did the earth core, which was brown, become purple?

 They all flowed inside the Symbiotic Core, and soon, the core shattered to pieces. Alas, the circle was still there. The shattered pieces started spinning around me, like a whirlwind, and they were all absorbed by the circle on the floor.

 Soon, the circle started floating, and I felt a prickling pain on my entire body. Looking at my arms, there were some kind of… tattoos? It looked exactly like the circle. Looking with more attention, the circle that was floating, started to disappear as it reached the top of my head.

 “So it is- GUH! It hurts a bit!”

 The circle was like a stamp. When it reached the end, it disappeared. Also, the prickling feeling vanished right after.

 “Ouch. What was that anyway?”

 My body was all stiff. I got up, stretching myself, and I heard lots of cracks around my body. What did I get? With the MPD in hand, I looked at my STATUS. That is, not before my MPD changed its form as well.

 “What now?”

 The MPD shone, and it became… smaller? It was the size of a… Eraser. Really small. In fact, I think I could put it on my eye. WAIT. Curious as to what the hell was this… I… gave it in, and put on my left eye. Should have thought more on that, though.

 “GH! WHAT…”

 It felt like it was… Connecting? I felt the same feeling when I absorbed the Laptop from before, and my entire body couldn’t move. After a few seconds, I was able to move. The pain was still there, but… I could see.

 It was like I had my eye back. The color needed some readjustments, but I could see with my left eye again.

 “Okay. Nice. I think. Whatever. STATUS.”

 And once again, before my STATUS appeared, another window came up. It had skills, titles, and classes I didn’t have before. Also the new [Technomagic Medium].

New Classes, Skills and Titles Acquired!
Classes Acquired
Gunslinger (Lvl 4), Sharpshooter (Lvl 2), Craftsman (Lvl 6), Creator (Unique);

Skills Acquired
Supernatural Dexterity (Lvl 2), Energy Conversion (Lvl 5), Life Creation (Included on Alchemy), Fire Resistance (Lvl 3), Advanced Transmutation (Lvl 6), Advanced Alchemy (Lvl 3);

Titles Acquired
Creator of the Unknown (Unknown), Danger Attraction (Unique?)

The Abnormal Status Condition has been reduced to Slow Status Growth

STATUS –

Name: Kenji Species: Human Age: 15 Years
XP: 23’259 / 50’231 LVL: 24 / 120 (↑9) SP: 36’120
HP: 8’400 / 8’400 (↑6’300)
{+700 ↑100}
MP: 43200 / 43200 (↑21’600)
{+900 ↑200}
STR: 4’800 (3’600)
{+700 ↑100}
INT: 11’400 (8’550)
{+900 ↑100}
CON: 5’400 (4’050)
{+600 ↑200}
AGI: 12’600 (9’450)
{+900 ↑300}
DEX: 12’000 (↑9’000)
{+2’000}
LUK: 29 (↑9)

 

 CLASSES

 • Scholar (Lvl 6 2UP)Fighter (Lvl 5)Swordsman (Lvl 6)Gunslinger (Lvl 4 NEW)Sharpshooter (Lvl 2 NEW)Synergist (M)Alchemist (M)Craftsman (Lvl 6 NEW)Creator (U NEW)Enchanter (Lvl 9 1UP)Traveler (M)Tamer (Lvl 8)Summoner (Lvl 5)Thread User (Lvl 3)

 SKILLS

 Passive Skills

 • Language Comprehension (U)Other World Archive (U)Sword Arts (Lvl 7)Blade Arts (Lvl 5)Martial Arts (Lvl 5)Enhanced Vitality (Lvl 7 1UP)Enhanced Pool (Lvl 9 2UP)Enhanced Strength (Lvl 7 1UP)Enhanced Body (Lvl 6 2UP)Supernatural Dexterity (Lvl 2 NEW)Enhanced Knowledge (Lvl 9 1UP)Enhanced Mobility (Lvl 9 3UP)Killing Instinct (Lvl  2 1UP)Anarchy (Lvl 2 1UP)

 Magic Skills

 • Technomagic (U Medium) • Mana Manipulation (M)Energy Conversion (Lvl 5 NEW)Summoning (Lvl 7)Terrain Manipulation (Lvl 4 1UP)Thread Manipulation (Lvl 3)Advanced Transmutation (Lvl 6 NEW) Advanced Alchemy (Lvl 3 NEW)Artificial Element Manipulation (Lvl 7 2UP)Artificial Element Creation (Lvl 7 2UP)Augmentation (Lvl 9 3UP)Stealth (Lvl 2)

 Resistance Skills

 • Rot Resistance (Lvl 7 3UP)Fear Immunity (U)Paralysis Resistance (Lvl 3 1UP) Pain Resistance (Lvl 9 2UP)Tiredness Resistance (Lvl 9)Fire Resistance (Lvl 3 NEW)

 TITLES

 • TechnomaniacHalf-Machine {Unlocked}Unique KillerWeapon CreatorCreator of the Unknown (Unknown NEW) Focused FreakFriend of the Primordial SpiritFox-Spirit FriendMocker of GodsAnarchist (NEW)Darkness Acolyte {Locked}Draconian KillerDanger Attraction (Unique? NEW)

 ABNORMAL STATUS CONDITION

 Slow Status Growth

 “Neat! Now, about [Technomagic]…”

► Skill Technomagic (0/1000) Medium Level ◄

Sub-Skills
Techno-Spell Casting (Replicate Technological Effects)
Energy Blast, Force-Field Generation, Missile Generation, Nano Magic, and Physical Restoration.
Techno-Shapeshifting
Bionic Physiology, Gun Limbs, High Tech Enchanted Exoskeleton, Machine Morphing, Nanite Mimicry.
Capable of building the most Stupid Relic in the World, A Wish *******

 “Oh. So, the Symbiotic Core, was actually for the {Nano Magic}, {Physical Restoration}, and the {Techno-Shapeshifting}. That’s interesting… How do I use it?”

 Not gonna lie, the {Techno-Shapeshifting} was especially intriguing. Changing my limbs or anything else to that… Thanks to [Technomagic] evolving, my level cap has also gone up. Not that much, but still.

 Now, I could make use of the things I had in hand, to make Raijin one of the most powerful things in my arsenal right now. Raijin was a Gauss Cannon, making use of the Cells on the sides to power the projectile on its chamber.

 The problem was how to make use of the cores. I wouldn’t dismantle Raijin and remake it as another weapon. It was good as it is. I might use it in some future project, though.

 So, with the cores I had in hand, which were from some of the monsters in the forest, and the aquatic ones. Also, my Digi-Storage was almost reaching its full capacity. Almost 900 things are filling the slots. Filled with what, exactly?

 “Well, most things inside are all… trash.”

 Super weak cores, who have different quantities of purity! They don’t stack together… They simply got one slot, then if another core, with like, 0.1% more purity than the other, it takes another slot! That is filling more than half of my Storage!

 So! With my new [Technomagic], I can make use of them. You see, before, I would simply shove all weak cores to make a super powered cell to shoot the projectiles of Raijin. Now, with [Advanced Alchemy], and the 4 elemental cores I absorbed, I could make it work.

 Also, my MPD, which is now my ‘Left eye’, evolved. With all of the perks from before I lost my left eye, I also got some new things. Mainly, a new kind of… Fuel. Said fuel could be extracted from the cores I had in hand.

 So, instead of shoving all cores inside of a cylinder, I would extract what the cores had inside, and use THAT as fuel. What is THAT? Mana. Liquid Mana.

 I also needed some kind of extractor, and stabilizer. You see, when Liquid Mana is being extracted, according to the MPD, the core loses stability, and they can explode. So, in other words, I need something to maintain the cores stabilized.

 That was easy though. I used a formula in the library, considered useless. It was useless, because it needed a source of mana. I tried to make use of it before, resulting in a small explosion on my hands. Now, with the mana pool I have, I could make it work.

 And so, I started to extract the mana from the cores. With approximately 63% of my Storage in low purity cores(the highest one was around 29.112%), I was able to extract the mana on them, resulting in exactly 16 cells.

 “With this, I can shoot… 8 times before the need of reloading the 4 cells. 2 shots per cell? That’s better than before.”

 I could use the high purity cores, which were from some strong monsters, such as the Bloody Bear, the Red Tusked Boar Lucy slayed before, the Griffin she got, and even the Black Wolves, which are a cut above the normal green ones.

 “Also, I almost forgot about building this thing.”

 Flying on Fujin is super nice! Except for the damn wind getting on my right eye every single damn time! That really made my eye itchy. So, I made a visor. This visor had basically the same traits of the MPD. Of course, I made some mods on it.

 First of all, the MPD(Left Eye), had a small radius, and distance cover. Around 1.6 Kilometers(around 1 Mile) ahead of me. So, with this visor, which covers my two eyes, like a sci-fi/futuristic one, I had some more perks to it. It looked like glasses though.

 “Yeah, with this my eye is thankful. Also, I won’t have problems with aiming at something with some distance away.”

 The Visor multiplied the MPD distance cover by 6 times of the normal. Quite the jump, I must say. Well, with this finished, I fell asleep. Actually, it took very little time to produce what I did just now.

 “Were going to the Imperial Capital?”

 That was what Lucy asked. Nodding, we got out of the city as fast as we could.

 “I still don’t get why Sentina wants me so badly back in the capital.”

 “Maybe there’s something happening?

 “That’s what SHE considers as SOMETHING. She could have given me the reason, instead of just: Something is happening.”

 Complaining, I pulled the Visor from before to my hands. Thankfully, my Storage is more free. I think I’ll visit the Dungeon again, and try to find another pouch.

 “Mr.Kenji. What is that on your face?”

 “On my left eye, or this thing?”

 ““Both.””

 They asked. Well, I explained that with my Unique Skill evolving, some things changed. I have access to some new perks, and upgraded my equipment. Also, my MPD(Left Eye), has a dark blue color. I like the blue color, but it can be a little varied, don’t you think?

 “We will be having a stop in the city of Caerleon on the way there. Can’t go directly to the capital.”

 “Compared to the time we took to travel here… How much was it?

 “Capital to Caerleon: it took 5 days. We stayed in Caerleon for about… 3 weeks. To Salis-Side, was one more week. Wait a second.”

 (Mr.Kenji?)

 “Two more weeks for the Blood Moon to go away, huh?”

 After all of this, only now I noticed that almost 4 months have passed. Why does it feel like a lifetime?

 “Ah, whatever. Let’s go. Here.”

 I gave both Kasumi and Amara two small helmets with visors. I don’t know if they really needed it or not. They accepted nonetheless.

 “Let me see here.” Taking Fujin out, I climb on it, and start making notes on the MPD(I can do that now) “In the capital, I’ll need to: Make Lucy’s Armor and Weapon, already have something in mind. Then, I’ll try to make something to make Amara able to speak, so she can stay on Human-like form. Also, make a new way of transport, because Fujin is really tiresome to use. Okay.”

 That was true though. Fujin was tiresome to use, even with the amount of mana I had now.

 “Let’s go.”

 With that, Lucy ‘unfolded’ her wings, and took flight first, and I followed after her. With me pointing in the direction, we followed to Caerleon.

 Traveling like this was really nice. Also, my hair was growing steadily. My hair before, was really short, around my eyes height. Now though, it’s basically at my chin height. Not that I mind, I always wanted to let it grow.

 The course to Caerleon was without any kind of problems. We did find some flying monsters on the way, but nothing like a Griffin or a Chimera as before. We did see a flock of Wyverns above us, but they looked like they were migrating, so we just ignored them. No way in hell we could have defeated them on the air.

 In Caerleon, I bought even more Coffee(better stock), and got my hands on more Ores. Especially Mythril. To the capital, was also uneventful, except for some strange things in the forest.

 It looked like a big quantity of monsters and beasts were… running away from something. Curious about that, we advanced faster to the Capital. And what do you know? There was a Stampede happening. Are you serious? World? Do you hate me or something?

 “We will take care of those!” Stopping mid air, I left Amara and Kasumi in Lucy’s hands. “Amara! Do not become giant! But do use your magic to deal with those monsters!”

 What a Stampede is? Well, it’s when monsters and beasts either dispute for territory, or because a much more powerful monster is in the forest. It couldn’t be the Tigrass. He IS powerful, but not THAT powerful. Then…

 With no idea of whatever might be happening, I descended quickly, using Gemetzel, Zerstörer and the grenades I had stored.

 “WHAT IS THAT?!”

 Some people shouted to me and Lucy, but we kept dealing with the monsters on the gates. Poor farmers. Their camps were devastated. Explosions happened here and there, thankfully no adventurer or knight were on them.

 The girls were tossing their magic around, also dealing with the monsters. With that, in around 30 minutes or so, the number of monsters dwindled enough for either the people to take care of them, or the monsters to escape back to the forest.

 “I think I’ll acquire some detection skills next. I do have a lot of SP. I wished to acquire the skills naturally though.”

 With that out of the way, we reached the gates. And we were met with spears pointed towards us.

 “Really?”

 They were scared, but soon one of the knights came forward… Oh! It was that Killing Stare old man from before! He lowered his head slightly, and invited me inside the city.

 “I appreciate your help, Sir Kenji.” I just nodded. “I would like to ask for more of it in the future.”

 “Yeah, whatever. If I’m free it’s okay.”

 He stared at me with that same Killing Stare from before. I just rolled my eyes, and he stopped. What you wanted? Me to work my ass more and more? No thank you.

 “You will travel away from the capital?”

 “No. But I’ll be occupied with dealing with jerks that approach Lucy, and making her equipment.”

 Right now, all the knights and adventurers around were looking at Lucy, with of course, Lustful eyes. Using [Killing Instinct] in full force, they all backed away, and got back on their own work.

 “Well, if you excuse me now.”

 He did try to speak more with me, but I just walked away. I’m sure he wanted to ask about what I used just now to kill the monsters.

 Walking to the Alchemist’s Lair, the Imperial Capital was… Gloomy?

 “This is the imperial capital? It’s so… dark.”

 “This is not normal actually. It looks like something bad happened. For the looks of it.”

 Reaching the Alchemist’s Lair, I heard voices from inside.

 “Where is he?! Just tell us please!”

 “And once again, I don’t know. I lost count of how many times you asked this. He traveled to Caerleon, and then went to another city.”

 “So where is he now?!”

 “Are you deaf? I don’t know where he is.”

 It wasn’t a mystery to understand ‘who’ these people were talking about. Also, is that Suzuki? Sighing heavily, I opened the door, and answered to the people there.

 “Actually, I’m right here.”

 The Witch had a frown on her face, and her left eye was twitching. The others, the ‘Heroes’, looked surprised.

 I entered the shop, together with Lucy and the other 2.

 “So? What the hell do you want?”

Thank YOU! For the reading~ We're almost at the end of the Arc~

49