Chapter 15 – Creating Unnecessary But Cool Things ♦
1.6k 5 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 After receiving the Witch’s approval, I started to work on the alloy composition. Gotta say though, Adamantite is really hard to change. To be honest, Adamantite in and of itself is already an alloy. But well, so is Steel. And steel can be used with other metals, and even other alloys too.

 Adamantite is an alloy, but no one knows what its composition is. Some say it’s Steel and Mythril, other say it’s Silver and Electrum. The Steel and Mythril ones are more convincing though.

 Even the book I’m using didn’t have the answer to it. “But can’t you use the MPD to see its atom's structure?” Well, no.

 “I thought I could see the structure of the atoms but… I can’t?”

 When I try to see, it simply shows a cubic shape, with a strong light around it. It’s literally a light cube. And what about Mythril? Almost the same. You would be surprised in finding that the structure of Mythril is basically Iron with a lot –and I mean A LOT – of mana.

 It has a cubic shape, with atoms of iron, and in between one and another, it’s a small ball of light. Kinda cool actually. But Adamantite is different.

 “You know what? Fuck it!”

 I started working. Once again, I have no idea of what I am doing. It’s like an instinct guiding me. I will need to understand how to use it, without being guided around by it.

 I don’t know how much time it took, but every time I tried to separate the atoms of the Adamantite, and insert the atoms of Carbon, it would simply… implode, and the part simply vanished. I didn’t understand a thing about that.

 “FUCK!”

 “Morning… No luck so far?”

 “What do you think?”

 “Oh, he answered.”

 The Witch came out of her room, dressed in her nightgown. She does have a really good shape huh?

 “What’s with your eyes?”

 “You should change clothes, you know?”

 “Hm? Does my figure entice you?”

 “Do I look like someone who would go out with an old lady?”

 “Do you want to go to hell?”

 “Forget it.”

 She was smiling and with a strange black flame on her hand, so I just returned to work on the ingots. I sliced another thin piece of Adamantite, and started working again. I tried another Cubic shape, just like Titanium Carbide, but to no avail.

 “Sigh…”

 I sighed heavily at the useless work.

 “Here. I think you’re hungry.”

 I took a small portion of bread, together with some juice. It was simple, but the bread was actually fluffy, and the juice was sweet. I needed this. Kasumi and Amara also ate breakfast, and I started to mumble to myself.

 “Alright. So the cubic shape was basically useless.” I start to mingle with my MPD. “Maybe. I can use either Tungsten carbide or Titanium Diboride shapes.”

 Tungsten carbide had a hexagonal shape, while Titanium Diboride would be a layered one.

 “Forget it. I’ll try the hexagonal one now. It’s now or never. I’m tired of doing this.”

 I downed the juice and finished the bread. After that, I tried once again. This time, with the Tungsten frame. To be exact, it’s a big atom of Tungsten in the middle, with 6 atoms both on top and bottom like a crown, and yet another layer, on the outer side with more Tungsten atoms. Smaller of course.

 And man it worked! The ¾ of the remaining ingot, changed colors from a dark-blue, to a dark-purplish color. Yes! It worked! I took my MPD, and pointed towards the Dark-purplish ingot. Small ingot.

Adamantite Carbide

An Alloy made out of Carbon and Adamantite ore.
Only an Idiot would lose so much time to make something like this.
The material is harder than Orichalcum, and specifically resistant against explosions. It cannot be classified on the Mohs Scale.

 “Success!”

 I say that falling on the chair behind me. I think most of my Mana has been sucked by this thing. Shit. I looked on my Scan about my status, and my mana was on 12. Zowwie! That was close.

 Nonetheless, I lost consciousness because of the low mana I had.


 “Uou there!”

 Exactly when Kenji lost consciousness, the Witch grabbed him before he could fall on the ground, since his weight almost tipped the chair he was sitting at.

 “Hey, help me put him on the bed.”

 The Witch called for Amara, who helped her put Kenji on the bed. After that, the Witch walked towards the Ingot that Kenji had made.

 “What is this? How did he do this?”

 And she was agape while Appraising the Ingot. The ingot was stronger than Orichalcum. She thought that it wasn’t as strong as the Hardest ore in this world, Mondálium, but it reached very close to it.

 “Mondálium is stronger than this, but… How can he make something that almost reaches such a thing?”

 She promptly hid the Ingot. If people discovered it, they would certainly want it. And she knew very well who would be the first person to want this.

 “Sigh… This is hopeless. If someone doesn’t kill him soon…” She trailed off, looking through the window, where the Fortress of the emperor was. “Then this world is certainly doomed.”

 And so, she waited for Kenji to wake up. Which took a week for him to do so.


 “Ugh! My head.”

 As soon as I woke up, I felt my head spinning, and my body heavy. Looking through the room, I know I’m not at the inn. I took the blanket off of me, and walked towards the exit of the room, where I saw Kasumi sleeping, and Amara playing with her appearance.

 “Master!”

 As soon as Amara notices me, she jumps towards me, which I simply step aside and let her fall on the ground.

 “Kasumi.”

 I pet Kasumi on her head, and begin to stretch. I’m feeling completely stiff. After stretching, I sit and breathe a sigh of relief. Amara walks to the chair she was before, and sits while pouting.

 “Oh, you’re awake. Finally.”

 As I look towards the exit of the workshop, I spot the Witch, carrying a basket full of… suspicious bottles.

 “Yeah. I’m feeling all stiff though. How much time did I stay down?”

 “A week.”

 “No wonder I’m like this.”

 She put the basket on another table, and walked towards another room, bringing food back on a tray. I mean, a lot of food. There was bread, soup, meat and something to drink.

 “What’s this?”

 “Food.”

 “No shit Sherlock.”

 “Sufficiently enough to put you back together.”

 She left the tray with food on my table, and after praying Thanks for the food, I started wolfing down the food. I’m not gonna lie, I was really hungry.

 After an hour or so, I finished. It was good, okay? Couldn’t hold myself. While I was doing so, the Witch put some materials on the third table in the workshop(there’s 4 FIY), and after looking closely, it was the material for me to build what I had in mind.

 “Could you resume your work? I’m gonna need some materials if I’m gonna feed you 3.”

 I breathed in, and after putting all the plates in a fashioned way, I got up, stretched again, and walked to the table with materials.

 “Time to get to work.”

 I started by molding the shape of the revolver. Of course, it wouldn’t be only a revolver with the barrel. With the weight of the revolver, I would need to balance between the frame and the barrel.

 The barrel had two weights both on top and bottom. This was made after testing the weight of the frame. When I held it, the barrel didn’t have enough weight, so those two weights were to stabilize the gun enough to my liking.

 I also made the revolver’s cylinder even more resistant to explosion, by coating the inside with a thin layer with the new alloy. As for the bullets, I’d made them out of the materials the Witch had bought. I didn’t forget rifling the barrel, of course.

 I first made the Silver bullets, which were… A LOT. I also used the steel she had bought – gladly high quality steel – and made new bullets. As for the Tungsten? That was an issue.

 “Hrmm… What should I do?”

 “What is the problem?”

 “I’m a bit curious about how I should make the bullets.”

 “Why not make it like the ones at the shops? Instead of these.”

 She pointed towards the ‘Metal’ bullets.

 The shops around the capital sell types of guns, which use Magic Crystals to power them up. The Crystals were stored in the Chamber of the revolvers, and in the grip of pistols, and when the owner of the guns poured mana to the crystal, it would then shape the bullet, and would shoot. In short, it is a pain in the ass.

 “Nope. They are very ineffective. It uses too much mana, not only to provide, but also to shape and then!- to shoot.”

 “Now that you mentioned, most of those guns are like that.”

 “As for why I’m making these? It’s more effective. Much more effective.”

 “But if you don’t want to kill someone, then…”

 “Oh, that? I already thought about it.”

 I showed her some sketches of some bullets, and what it was the thing on the sketch. In fact, what I saw on the market, which was plastic bottles by the way, I could transform it into a soft material, and make the bullets out of it.

 “This is interesting. Making use of these bottles.”

 “Hm? Making use of them?”

 “Yeah, since after using them, we just burn them because of the dirt on them.”

 “You burn plastic?”

 “What about it?”

 “Well, it might be different from my world after all.”

 “What of it? Can you explain?”

 “Well, plastic releases toxic smoke, in short, poison. And that hurts the ozone layer.”

 “What is this ozone layer?”

 “Consider it as a layer that protects us from sun rays that can hurt your skin. Then again, different worlds, different things, maybe?”

 I think I shouldn’t talk about that. Anyway, when I was at the market of the Rat District, I saw these bottles. I was curious about them, and then I used Scan on them, and they were made out of Polyethylene Terephthalate. Which is PET, the same thing on those water and soda bottles Earth has.

 In short, I’m into recycling. So, I took the bottles people were tossing to burn, since it was basically trash for them, and had them be stored in Kasumi’s storage. I cleaned them, okay? I won't forget about that. But holy shit! Soap is expensive.

 “So, you're gonna use the plastic from the bottles to make the bullets.” I nodded. “Okay, but those things are really hard, no?”

 “They are. But if you know about their composition, then maybe it can be transformed into a soft thing.”

 “Maybe?”

 “Yeah, maybe. Since I never did something like it.”

 I took a bottle, about 2 Liters I think, and tried to soften the material. The way to do it was… simple. Just heat it up. It was just doing that, and the plastic bottle became malleable. In fact, I transformed the whole plastic bottle into a liquid state. Or a goopy state, to be exactly.

 “This is that same plastic bottle?”

 “Well, not anymore. It’s not hot. It has the same texture as modeling clay.”

 “Modeling clay?”

 “Try it out.”

 The Witch then took a bit of the plastic on her hands, and then she understood my point.

 “It’s strange. It was a hard plastic just a moment ago, and now, it has a slimy texture.”

 “Oh, I guess that’s a good way to put it.”

 Slimes had a strange texture to them, so did this plastic. Since clear bullets are too boring, I broke some charcoal into dust, and added it to the liquid plastic. With a small wooden stick, I mixed the two, and soon the plastic was black.

 “Alright. Now I need some kind of mold to drop this liquid on it, and then I can make the bullets.”

 “You still haven't used this Tungsten yet.”

 “I’ll get in there.”

 I took some wood that the Witch allowed me to use, and made a mold to the bullets. It didn’t take long for me to make it. After that, I poured the liquid plastic on the mold, and let it rest for a moment.

 “Alright. As for the Tungsten, hmm…”

 There were a few ways to use the Tungsten in the bullets. I could use copper to coat a small tungsten bullet inside, and make an AP(Armor Piercing) bullet, or could simply make a FMJ(Full Metal Jacket) of tungsten.

 “Will it be a problem?” I glance at the Mana Powder Kasumi put on the table. “Don’t think so. This thing is awfully strong.”

 The Mana Infused Powder packed quite the punch. With the new Adamantite alloy, I was certain that the Revolver wouldn’t explode. Hopefully.

 Anyway, since I didn’t have Copper in hand right now, and I already had taken quite a lot from the Witch, I made FMJ bullets in the end.

 “This will have to do. But now, I will try one thing.”

 I made the revolver with a break action style. And when the bullets are spent, and I open to reload, the casings simply jump out. Just like I wanted. Now, reloading is a problem. This would be a pain in the ass to do it.

 So, what would I do? In fact, I already had an idea of how to do it. I stored every single bullet inside of my MPD. And I discovered another useful thing about the Digi-Storage function of my MPD.

 “This is stupid. I mean, really, stupid.”

 I shook my head in exasperation. Simply because the Digi-Storage, would store 1000 ‘TYPES’ of items. Meaning that I could store 1000 different kinds of items, in a stack of 100. Didn’t get it? Okay. It work likes this:

  • 1000 Types of Items
  • 1 Slot per Type of Item
  • 100 of that Item per Slot

 Meaning, that I could store, 100’000 items in total. This is dumb~ Anyway, what that had to do with the reloading, you ask? I could simply take the bullets out of the Storage and put them on the gun right? Too. Damn. Boring. I wouldn’t do something so boring. I would do something stylish.

 I grabbed my two gauntlets, and started to make some modifications on it. What I would do is make the gauntlets able to Digi-Scan and Digi-Struct items as I want. Scan is to put things inside of the Digi-Storage. As for Struct, it would be from ‘Construct’ things, which means to take things out of my Digi-Storage.

 “It will take time.”

 I dismounted the two gauntlets, and made another circuit from it. Would it work? Don’t know, this will be the first try. I created the fourth circuit for the HUB on the gauntlets, and started to work.

 Oh, and I forgot to tell how an enchantment really works. In very poor words, if the person doing the enchantment has a good image of what the enchantment is, together with the right Magic Circle, then the enchantment won’t fail. How does that work for me? I just think of it as a 3D image deconstructing and constructing itself. It works, so it’s what matters.

 “Let’s see if it works.”

 “Here.”

 The Witch brought the lunch, so I ate it very fast, and after finishing it, I tested the function.

 One thing I needed to make was some kind of lens to the two gauntlets. I made it out of the same super resistant glass that those mana guns have.

 “Please work.”

 I pointed towards the gun on the table. A beam of Dark-Blue pixels came out of my left gauntlet. It engulfed the gun, transforming it into smaller pixels, and then it disappeared.

 “What happened?”

 The Witch asked. I grabbed my MPD, and checked the Digi-Storage. It was there!

 “It worked!”

 “What worked?”

 “Wait. Instead of having the bullets appear out of the lens, how about appearing on the palm of my hand?”

 Once again, I opened the gauntlets, and modified them to make the bullets appear a bit above my hand, not on where I’m pointing at. And let me tell you, it worked too!

 “Yes!”

 “You’re putting inside of that MPD of yours, right?”

 I nodded. Now, for the reason of all of this back and forth. I opened the gun to reload, and made 6 bullets appear on my left hand. The speed that the bullets appeared on my hands, would be according to how I wanted. Slow? No problem. Fast? No problem as well. Super fast? That too. Although, the last one I couldn’t manage. Not yet at least.

 The bullets appeared floating a bit on my hand, and when I wanted to reload the gun, I just waved the hand to the cylinder, and it reloaded automatically.

 “Now we’re talking. Just need to test it out now.”

 We were now out of the city, right at the forest. I used some leather I had, which I got from the dungeon, and made a new holster. It was more durable than the one from before, and could handle the weight of my new revolver.

 “Let’s find something hard to usually defeat.”

 “You haven't named yet?”

 And yes, the Witch was with me. She said she wanted to see if her Apprentice’s first working Artifact would work. I didn’t say to her that this gun is, in fact, a Relifact. Not yet.

 “Why give a name? What if I need to remade it down the line?”

 “You can.”

 “Alright. Let me think about it.”

 I had a couple of names in mind. But there weren't many that really combined with it. Wait. There is one actually. What was it meaning again? I took the revolver out of the holster, which was on my back, a little above of my waist, and stared at it.

 “How about… Satz? Eh?”

 The revolver shone in a purple light, and after a few seconds, the light died out, and the revolver had now a pattern of chains, coming from the grip of the gun, towards the muzzle of it.

 “Oh, right.”

 “This is a Relifact.”

 “Aaaaa… Oops?”

 She eyed me with hateful eyes, and I used my MPD on the revolver, now named Satz, to know about it’s capabilities.

Revolver Satz

A Revolver made out of an Unknown material. It is extremely strong against explosions, and can only shoot bullets made out of solid materials. The gun can be enhanced with elemental effects coming from the user. When bullets are shot, they can be enhanced with the user’s mana, making them even faster and harder.
This is not a Relic, nor an Artifact, but a mix from the two. A Relifact.
It can only be used by it’s creator.
Creator – Kenji

 “Hm. I guess the bullets are on a different scale.”

 “Hey. What it’s name mean? Satz?”

 “Oh. It means sentence. After all, if I shot at someone, that’s it’s death ‘Sentence’”

 She face-slapped, and we walked inside the forest. It was in the middle of the evening, so we shouldn’t have any problem with Vampires. Since we would enter the forest, I passed on the guild beforehand to take any quest that had subjugation as a focus.

 One of the many things that happens in the Blood Moon is that monsters get stronger, and their population gets bigger as well. So the Guild is responsible for dealing with these kinds of situations.

 Also, I discovered that I could Rank up since a long time ago! I asked why the Receptionist never said a word to it, but she gave me a very good reason why.

 “It’s because every time Mr. Kenji came back, he was… well…”

 “Oh. Every time I was completely beaten.”

 “Yes. So, we never touched on the subject.”

 With that, and the quests I completed, I had 497 points. Meaning, I climbed from F-Rank to C-Rank. When I asked where those points did come from, she said that most of those points, exactly 350 points, were from the Taracs Spider. Guess I should thank Amara for that, huh?

 I didn’t defeat the monster, but no one knew about that, so~

 “What quest did you get?”

 “On the east side of the forest, there is a new Wasp Nest there. There is one at the west, and that is much older than this one. So, the requester, who is that guy with the stars, asked to destroy the new nest.”

 “And the spoils of it?”

 “I can do as I see fit. But since there is a quest to collect some honey, then I’ll win more money.”

 “You’re greedy.”

 “Hey! Money is not a priority! But a necessity! Actually, for me it’s really a priority, since most of my skills need materials to do something.”

 (Master. There are some things around you.)

 Just as I was talking with the Witch, Amara informed me about some guests.

 I took the MPD off my pocket, and was with it at my eyes height level. With it, I used the Enemy Detection function. On the screen of it, a red line came from the right to left, and three red(▼) appeared on the screen.

 “Enemies?”

 I nodded. Pointing at where one was with Satz, and shot. The bullet was a Steel one, and had the same quantity of the Mana Infused Powder from the first time I ever shot a gun.

 Satz didn’t explode thankfully, and the power of it was stronger than before. I felt the recoil from the shot, which made my arm go completely above my head. I felt my shoulder aching because of the shot, but after hearing a splash sound, two guys came out of the bushes.

 “Gah! We were found!”

 “No matter! Grab the boy! Suck the woman dry!”

 Vampires. No, they’re… Thralls? And apparently their target was Me?

 “Come ‘ere!

 One of the Thralls tried to grab me, but I avoided his claws by spinning around and delivering a roundhouse kick on his back.

 “Gah!”

 The Thrall tripped and struck a tree trunk with his face.

 “Purify them with the Flames of Heaven. |Holy Flaming Blade!|

 I put Satz back at it’s holster, making the blades come out, and activate the spell on them. The two Thralls were stunned for a moment, and both me and the Witch used that as an opportunity.

 I slashed at the one in front of me, cutting his head off. At the same time, the Witch used a fire spell, burning the other one to ashes.

 “And that’s that.”

 The Witch took a pot out of her pouch, and I took another from my Digi-Storage. We both collected the ashes and cores. Yes, the low undeads have Cores. Some Vampires also have Cores instead of hearts sometimes.

 “Now that’s something… Unusual.” I said while remembering the Thrall words.

 “What is it?”

 “They said to take me, and suck you dry. Needless to say, but someone wants me. Alive.”

 “The Ascension Ritual.”

 “Ritual?”

 “Yes. It’s a Ritual that allows the one doing to ascend to another realm.”

 “Realm, huh? Like what?”

 “If I’m not mistaken, the actual Vampire is a Vampire Lord. No, he was successful last time.”

 “So, he is a what now?”

 “A Superior Vampire Lord.”

 “Guess that’s a lot of trouble.”

 “His weaknesses to any other Vampire usual weakness are completely halted. Except for the Holy attribute. He still has a bit of difficulty towards that.”

 “Hunh. And so, that guy wants me as his sacrifice?”

 “Exactly. What will you do?”

 “Something stupid, I’m sure.”

 “You’re gonna go there? To the beast’s den?”

 “Yes. I think it’s gonna be fun. Not after I finish with everything related to learning of course. After finishing your course, I’m gonna learn about blacksmithing. Let’s go. I need to destroy that nest.”

 Fighting the leader of the Vampires? Why not? Also, I checked the Vampire I shot at. His body didn’t become dust, but simply vanished. His core was left on the ground, though.

43