Chapter 29 – That’s Terrifying… I LOVE IT!
1.3k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The city was in a mess. Like, seriously, people were screaming because of anything. Oh, a rat tumbled something, people would scream thinking it was a monster. Besides that, the shouts of battle, and roar of monsters could be heard from where I was. 

 Adventurers were coming and going around, knights were desperate to find priests, and so on. They were healing and taking care of everything, and even doctors were called, since the Healer’s Mana wouldn’t last much.

 Ignoring all that, I rushed to the shop with the Magic Guns on the front shelves. Entering the shop, the man behind the counter had a frown. Well, might be because I was a tad dirty. Don’t care. Don’t have time.

 He didn’t even come out of the counter. That was for the better, since it would only take my time. He kept eyeing me, but I simply ignored him, and kept scanning the Magic Guns. And in the end! I found lots of bad things about them.

 Let’s get started shall we?

 First of all, the magic guns had a LOT of flaws. It consumes too much mana, just like the Odyssey Outfit before I made the changes. Second, the crystals used, inside the guns, are… REALLY FREAKING BAD!

 Third, and lastly! Their crystals are second handed! The crystals are ‘Purified’ to not explode on people’s hands. That’s because if people don’t do that, the not purified version can explode, and kill whoever is using them. By the way, you can use an elemental crystal, just that it might kaboom on you.

 The Magic Guns work like this:

 Crystal inside absorbs mana from the user → Mana on the crystal is ‘Crystallized’ into a Bullet → Bullet goes to the Chamber → User Press the trigger to shoot bullet → Delay of 0.5 Seconds to bullet to go out of the barrel ahead → 50% chance of hitting the target.

 THERE’S NO RIFLING! The bullet relies on RNG! That’s so bad! No wonder people wouldn’t buy them!

 Looking through the magic pistols and revolvers, they wouldn’t be a reliable thing, so? What would I do? I would buy it, dismantle it, AND MAKE SOMETHING BETTER!

 “I’ll take this one, please.”

 “Dear Customer. Do you- !!!”

 He started talking, so I tossed 5 Platinum Coins(Price of the Gun) on the table. He widened his eyes, and closed his mouth. He then pulled a super ornamented box off the shelf behind him, and put the gun inside.

 “A pleasure doing business with you! DEAR CUSTOMER!”

 I rolled my eyes, and got the hell out of there.

 Back at the shop, the Old Man, Witch and Dwarf were talking heartily. How the hell can they… No. I, too, am not caring for what will happen. In the shop, I got back to the workshop.

 With Satz on the table, I started to dismantle the other gun. A title of curiosity, the Magic Gun I bought, had a 1911 style. Except it was Red in color, and had a transparent glass on the grip.

 Dismantling it revealed a complete, and unnecessary magic circuit. It was so complicated, and oh! SO! FREAKING USELESS!

 The Magic Circuit had one simple objective: TO make it hard to replicate. AND EVEN ON THAT IT FAILED MISERABLY! Anyway, I took the circuit out, and remade it as the usual HUB I did with Satz.

 You see, Satz’s Circuit is simple. It absorbs the user’s mana to amplify the speed of the Mana Powder already on the cartridges. In the case of the new gun, I changed the circuit to absorb my mana, to create bursts of energy. Instead of using a full crystal to make it happen.

 Imagine like a beam of energy, instead of a solid bullet, wrapped by energy. Instead of taking time to create a bullet, it would simply make a beam of energy. The circuit took some time to consolidate, and even to infuse on the gun’s grip.

 Yes, I infused the circuit on the grip of the gun. In fact, the model I used was a Desert Eagle. And of course, I made it with Mondálium.

 I ALSO remade Satz, transforming it into something even more scary. The color of Satz, was now a Dark Blue, with the pattern of chains coming from the grip in white all around the gun, reaching, like before, the tip of the barrel.

 But about the new gun, it had a complete black color. It had some crystal clear parts on it, and when mana is infused, those crystal parts shine in my mana color, which is the Dark Blue.

 “A name now… This one is Satz, which means Sentence. Well, a sentence of death. And a locked fate… Schicksal.” (Author’s Note: You read Schicksal, as Xicsal. Take a look at Google’s Translate)

 The gun shone with an ominous black light(if lights can be black). When that was gone, the Desert Eagle, Schicksal, had a cracked glass pattern around the chamber, and had a light blue color.

 “Well, well, well. What do we have here?”

Semi-Automatic Pistol Schicksal

A Relifact created by the Creator of Relifacts, Kenji.

This powerful Relifact breaks the patterns of Magic Guns, using the user’s mana to create a beam of energy, instead of all that boring and unnecessary process from before. It also has a great resistance to impacts, thanks to the Mondálium metal used.

It can be used with elements, changing what the effect of the beam does.

Lightning is a super quick beam, with piercing capabilities(strength of the effect varies with how much mana the user gives)
Fire is an explosive beam, that upon contact, will expand and scorches the target, and everything in front of the beam(strength of the effect varies with how much mana the user gives)
Ice is a freezing beam. Upon hitting the target, will freeze things ahead of it(strength of the effect varies with how much mana the user gives)
Wind is a beam that will create blades upon impact. (strength of the effect varies with how much mana the user gives)

If the trigger is still pulled, the Pistol becomes automatic, with a constant fire rate.

This is a Relifact, and can only be used by its creator, Kenji.

 “How about you, Satz?”

Stupid Powered Revolver Satz
A Revolver made out of Mondálium. It’s stronger than before, and can shoot bullets made out of solid materials. Now, instead of reloading every time, its creator, Kenji, is able to pull the bullets directly from its Digi-Storage, without the Delay of each reloading.
The gun can be enhanced with elements, as well like its new partner,
Schicksal.
Lightning will power the speed and piercing abilities of the bullets.
Fire will transform the bullets into explosives.
Ice and Wind, unfortunately, cannot be used on it.
This is a Relifact, and can only be used by its creator, Kenji.

 “HAHAHAHA! NOW WE’RE TALKING!”

 “Mr.Kenji?”

 “Ah, sorry. Got too hooked up on this. Anyway, here, change your clothes to this.”

 Since the evolution of my skill, and my MPD becoming my Left eye, I am now able to take things out of Digi-Storage, without the need of my gauntlets from before. So, I pointed my hands to a table, and the Valkyrie’s Embrace set was there, together with Lucy’s new weapon, Vernichter.

 She was with her mouth gaping like a fish. And speaking really honestly, she had stars in her eyes. Like, really. She grabbed the set of clothes, and started undressing in front of me.

 “KASUMI!”

 Kasumi acted quickly and covered Lucy up. That wasn't because I didn’t want to look at her body, but because of the 2 old guys that suddenly appeared on the workshop’s door. The 2 clicked their tongues and…

 “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU 2 DOING?!”

 The 2 received a chop on their heads. Thanks, witch. Ignoring the trio, I turned towards Kasumi and Amara. Giving Lucy new Armor and Weapon made the 2 a bit jealous. So, I started making things for the 2. Women are strange.

 For Amara, I started making her collar, one that could make a voice come out of her mouth. It was a hard thing to do. You see, Amara doesn’t have the same organs as humans do. She doesn’t have vocal cords.

 SO! Making something to replicate how vocal cords worked was kinda hard. Oh, who am I kidding? It was hella hard to do.

 I scanned my body, and her body, and started making something. The collar had 5 crystals, which were the same from the shielding badge I made from before. The crystals had the use to change her voice, according to how much mana she poured on it.

 One crystal was for a high pitched voice, the other for a low pitched one, a more sharp, more grave, and lastly, the crystal which would amplify the voice.

 “Okay. Transform into your human form please.”

 She did so, becoming almost like a human. If it wasn’t by her eyes. Yeah, her eyes were… Completely blue. Like, light blue. She was dressed into a long, black, V-Neck with a side slit dress. The V-Neck made her look waaaay too sexy, and the side slit would make lots of men give her a side glance.

 She turned around, taking her hair out of the way. Of course she would do this. I did as so, putting the collar around her neck, and she put her hair back.

 “Try to speak.”

 “I LOVE YOU MR.KENJI!”

 Yeah, and that was the first thing she shouted. Holding my temples, I stopped a sigh that was about to come from my mouth.

 “Right. Normally.”

 “Mr.Kenji is the most handsome man I have ever seen in my life.”

 She said that in a lovely voice. Wait. Why is her voice reminiscent of that overseas singer? Actually… Light blue eyes… Golden Blonde hair… EVEN THE SHAPE OF THE FACE!

 “Amara… Where did you see this appearance of yours?”

 “Hm? I asked Kasumi to check MrKenji memories. And there was this pretty woman there. So I just copied.”

 I averted my gaze to Kasumi, and she looked away.

 What appearance Amara reminds me of? I love a certain singer, a woman, and her music. It’s quite nice actually. And who is she? Mari*h Car**. I find her music quite soothing sometimes.

 “Yeah. Nice.”

 And she smiled at me. It’s quite creepy seeing Mari*h Car** in another world. Anyway, with that finished, I started working on Kasumi’s accessory.

 For her, I made two accessories. A White cape, with the borders in black, and a collar with a gold Hourglass on it.

 The cape was almost as protective as my own outfit, AND the hourglass had a use. It had 2 functions actually.

 The First function was to revert injuries to it’s past state(healing, basically), but constantly, for around 5 Minutes. Gotta give Enchantment a cookie, cause this ability is OP as hell!

 The Second function was simply to injure a strong enemy with a wound hard to heal, that’s all. Basically, I put Hiroto’s staff in a bottle! Quite literally.

 “Mr.Kenji! I’m finished!”

 “Nice. Come on out.”

 I asked Amara if she could clear my body with [Water Magic], and she did so. Let’s not talk about her touching my chest and abdomen while she helped me clean myself. Nope!

 “Here.”

 I was already dressed on the Odyssey Outfit and glanced at Lucy. I rubbed my right eye, and looked once again. Simply put, she was beautiful. I even took a photo of her with my left eye. Good thing I can do that!

 “You’re beautiful, you know that?”

 And she looked down. Also, I just noticed. But… She cut her hair. Before, her hair reached her waist. Now, it was short, reaching her chin. Gotta say though, the double colored hair is quite nice.

 “You cut your hair, huh?”

 “Master… Didn’t like it?”

 “What are you talking about? It’s nice. It suits you.”

 “Ehehe~”

 She scratched her cheek and smiled happily. At least she’s smiling, instead of the sad face she used to make before.

 And I just noticed something. The lower part of the body suit I made for Lucy was quite… How should I say it? Alluring. And so, I made a new part. Like a cape, only long and only on her back, covered with a belt.

 I also made new boots for her, almost forget about that. Sometimes I’m a dunce. The boots were made of the Flying Chimera’s hide as well. And, were a set with the Valkyrie’s Embrace too.

 Also, I made a new holster for both Satz and Schicksal. They were on the back as well, above my waist. With that finished, I was about to go out and be part of the fight, when a knight opened the door.

 “IS MR.KENJI HERE!?”

 “Let me guess… Your leader called me.”

 He nodded, and I smiled.

 “Well! I guess it’s about time. Let’s go.”

 I Materialized Fujin in front of me, and Lucy deployed her wings. Amara transformed back into her small She-Viper form, jumping on Lucy’s shoulder, while Kasumi jumped on mine.

 “IT’S SHOW TIME!”

 The outer side of the capital was in a complete mess. There were monsters, undead, and demons all around. The knights didn’t know why demons appeared, but since they were together with the Vampires, they simply shrugged.

 Deploying the ‘Heroes’, the Colonel was at his wits end.

 The Colonel, Gregory Alden, was looking at the situation with a stern expression. The otherworlders weren’t THAT good. Upon arriving, they had big egos, but Gregory broke all of that instantly.

 He made them fight him, and he grasped their capabilities, and what they could do. After all that, did he order them a good weapon. Said weapon was the one Kenji made. And he actually got surprised with the result.

 The Otherworlders put up a good fight against the enemies, making the undead familiars cower in their tracks. And all of that because of what one person made, he thought.

 He received word that the Otherworlder, Kenji, was the Pure Mana Source. Hearing that, he held the information down as much as he could, not allowing said info to reach the Emperor. Alas, Kenji would be a target for Goldguard. Not that the emperor could do something to that boy.

 “REPORTING!”

 The words of one of his knights brought him back from his thoughts, and he allowed the knight to report. This was but a scout he sent ahead, searching for more information about the enemy.

 “THE ENEMY HAS MORE MONSTERS ON THE BACK LINE! THEY’LL START MOVING SOON!”

 “How much are we talking exactly?”

 “SIR! MO-…”

 The knight lowered his head, and his words got stuck on his throat.

 “ANSWER SOLDIER!”

 “SIR! MORE THAN 40 THOUSAND!”

 “40 THOUSAND!?”

 The others around Gregory got worried, and the Lieutenant shouted.

 “Sir Ayduin. Can we use magic to thin their number?”

 Ayduin was present, serving as the head magician at the location. He had a pretty apathetic expression to the situation.

 “We can, yes. Alas, we would need to sacrifice the people in that attack, since we would need time.”

 Hearing the word ‘Sacrifice’, the men present had a bitter expression. And even worse, the Colonel was thoughtful. He looked through the small map, showing the places where some people were deployed.

 Close to the gates, were the priests, healing people. In the middle, were archers and magicians alike. And to the 3 sides on the battlefield, were the vanguard.

 The Vanguard had been divided in 3 parts. The Idiots, the ‘Heroes’, and the Guardians.

 The Idiots were adventurers who wanted to become national heroes due to the situation, and neither the colonel, nor the Guild Master cared. They were low ranked adventurers, who were risking their own lives, and no matter how much people talked sense, they wouldn’t listen. So the Colonel deployed them there.

 The Guardians were basically the army. They were together, and taking care of things as an army would, with tactics and so on.

 And in the middle, were the ‘Heroes’. The Colonel knew they were strong, and put them together with a few soldiers, and gave orders for them to simply do their best. The reports on the battlefield showed that the ‘Heroes’ group was the least worrisome.

 The Idiots group was the most affected, with lots of death around, and it wasn’t going that bad, since one of the higher ranked adventurers was present. Her name was Zanya, and she had the title of Blazing Dragon. That was, apparently to the fact she drank a Draconian Potion, receiving the capability to wield fire magic without a chant on her hands.

 And lastly, the Guardians group was having difficulty dealing with some of the monsters, but their casualties were still minimal. Still, with more than 40 thousand monsters coming, that situation could very well turn bad.

 Some time later, another scout appeared, with heavy wounds, he explained the situation to his superiors.

 “RE…PORTING! THERE’S… ROTTEN WOLVES! AND… UNDEAD MANTICORES!”

 The soldier breathed his last. Fortunately, he was able to deliver the message. The ones on the place of meeting were all stirred to that news.

 Rotten Wolves are just like normal wolves, except they are taller, and their teeth can inflict the rotting on whoever it bites. When the victim is bitten, the Wolves let that person to escape, so they can rot. That is a behavior if there’s only ONE wolf. But if they are in a pack… The effect is highly amplified, and victims rot pretty fast.

 As for the Undead Manticores, those are even worse. Manticores are already very resilient, having a strong hide, and attacks as well. Strangely, Manticores don’t have human faces, but they have that of a lion, with horns of a bull, wings of a bat, and tail of a scorpion.

 They have immunity to any kind of venom, and can use fire magic. But their Undead variety is completely different. Not only are they immune to venom and poison, now they have resistance to fire, and can only be defeated by either [Light], [Holy], or [Lightning Magic].

 “Call that boy! He’s in the Dwarf’s Shop! GO! NOW!”

 “The useless boy? What was his name again?”

 “Sir Kenji.”

 “You respect him now?”

 Ayduin showed a lot of displeasure to that. Gregory eyed him with his killing stare, and Ayduin gulped, and stepped back.

 “Compared to those ‘Heroes’ he appears to be more reliable.”

 Ayduin did not say any more words, and after waiting for more reports on the battlefield, and after a few minutes, there was a big explosion.

 All the people inside the meeting room rushed outside, and looked through the battlefield. Multiple spots were with big holes, AND some of the many monsters were dead. Including remains of Manticores all around.

 “What… happened?”

 Ayduin asked, looking around. There is no magic to attack specific spots, is what he thought.

 “The boy…”

 Ayduin glanced at Gregory, and the colonel looked upwards, and pointed with his chin. Ayduin looked to the sky, seeing two people flying around, killing the flying monsters and shutting down others.

 “CUTTING UP MONSTERS WITH THEIR FACES SO UGLY!”

 Another monster was slashed at his face, reaching the other side of its head, and that happened while Kenji was humming a sound.

 “STOMPING ON DEMONS THAT AREN’T ALL THAT SNUGLY!”

 After that, he jumped off of its board, stomping on a flying demon, and before hitting the ground, the board approached him, and he escaped the fall. The demon wasn’t so lucky though.

 “SHOOTING AT NIGHTMARES THAT FLY WITH THEIR WINGS~”

 And when he was back in the air, he pulled two guns out of his back, shooting more monsters down, and avoiding any kind of danger.

 “THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS~!”

 “What did you say about respecting him?”

 Ayduin asked with a frown, and Gregory simply held his temples, lowering his head, and let out a long and heavy sigh.

 “Sigh… At least the situation is a little bit better.”

 “That… we both agree.”

 And so, the battlefield had become a tad chaotic, but got evenly matched.

 What a day, huh? Here’s our weather forecast today. We have a beautiful field, with rain showers, and thunder! LOTS OF THUNDER! The last one happened a tad late though.

 After the soldier called me, we set to the battlefield, finding a hell of a scene. Man~ This is really bad, huh? There were huge wolves with strange teeth, giant Manticores with gruesome parts, flying monsters reaping people’s heads off, and… no one killing them. Are you serious? Why are they… Forget it.

 “We will take care of the flying ones first! Lucy! Grab these! And toss where there’s lots of monsters!”

 I approached her, gave her 7 charges of Zerstörer, and activated the Agility Mode, and rushed on the monsters in the air.

 Activating my blades, I slashed at the monsters, cutting through them like a hot knife on butter. Especially the Lightning blade on my right arm. Man! This is dumb!

 “Gyahaha! No one can touch us on the sky!”

 “HEY! You dropped something!”

 “Wha-”

 “OH! It’s your blood. Or would it be your head? Meh.”

 “How?!”

 And another one was down! The flying demons noticed me, and started tossing magic towards me. Imagine that scene with lots of explosions in the air, and the ship is avoiding all of them. That was me right now!

 “Uohouuuu~! Yeah! AHAHAHAHA! Uohouuuu~!”

 Kasumi was holding it so strongly, that she bit my Overcoat, so to not fall off of it.

 (Mr.Kenji! THAT’S NOT COOL!)

 “What do you mean this isn’t cool! This is awesome!”

 “MR.KENJI!”

 Looking backwards, Lucy waved her weapon around, hitting more than 2 demons with Vernichter. She pressed the button on the handle, and the base let the mace go, transforming it into a flail. She also activated the spikes on the flail's head, and passed through the demons, dragging some of them, and hitting others with their dead friend.

 “DID YOU TOSSED THE CHARGES?!”

 “YES!”

 “LOVELY!”

 Pulling the transmitter from my Digi-Storage, I pressed the button. The charges exploded one after another, like a line forming from one dot to another. I glanced at my STATUS, and [Anarchy] was at maximum capacity. Also has reached Lvl 3, with now being 120% of boost!

 “NOW WE’RE TALKING!”

 My STATUS has gone up in a few aspects recently, all thanks to the hammers on my back, punches and other things that hit me. The Dwarf wasn’t really happy with the mistakes I made.

 “CUTTING UP MONSTERS WITH THEIR FACES SO UGLY!” Monsters dead! “STOMPING ON DEMONS THAT AREN’T ALL THAT SNUGLY!” ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS! “SHOOTING AT NIGHTMARES THAT FLY WITH THEIR WINGS~” ANOTHER ONE DOWN~! “THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS~!”

 My STATUS was like this. (Author’s note: Once again, half STATUS. I’ll put his full status next chapter, or after the next one.)

-STATUS-

Name: Kenji Species: Human Age: 15 Years
XP: 48’230 / 67’120 LVL: 26 / 120 (↑2) SP: 9’050
HP: 9’100 / 9’100 (10’920) MP: 37’397 / 46’400 (55’680)
STR: 5’300 (6’360) INT: 14’600 (17’520)
CON: 5’900 (7’080) AGI: 18’900 (22’680)
DEX: 18’300 (21’960) LUK: 31 (-37)

 Oh look! Negative luck! Dunno what will happen, but who cares?!

 “Let’s get this thing done!”

 With my STATUS boosted, I descended to the battlefield, while Amara and Lucy would take care of the remaining flying enemies. There were 3 battlefields to fight right now, and I headed for the one with more mess. Although in a mess, the defeat of the monsters and all, were going quite well.

 The one saving most adventurers was the same woman from the adventurers guild from before. The one with fire fists.

 “Let’s help them there!”

 (Strange.)

 “What?”

 (No, nothing.)

 Descending from Fujin, we joined the fight, some adventurers eyed me with displeased eyes, but whatever. People are stupid, that’s for sure. They were prioritizing their fame over their own life. I mean, adventurers are like that.

 Well, with me killing the monsters before they even reached me, AND Kasumi firepower was good enough to make them not even approach me.

 The girl was doing a pretty good job, and we finished most of the monsters around here quite fast.

 “Was it you who made all of that mess on the battlefield?!”

 “The explosions?! Yeah, it was me!”

 We were talking, all the while she blasted monsters behind me, and I did the same for the ones behind her. Nice conversation.

 “Sigh… Thanks. That helped a lot.”

 Nodding, we kept killing and dealing with anything that approached, or was a little bit away from us. 

 “I’ll be helping the other battlefields! Think you can handle these?!”

 “Wasn’t that what I was already doing?!”

 Bidding goodbye, I climbed on Fujin and proceeded to where the soldiers were, only to be surprised that Lucy and Amara were already there, dealing with the monsters.

 Amara was in her Giant She-Viper form, this time with the golden blond hair, and blue eyes, and was taking down a lot of monsters with both her [Plant Magic], and [Necrotic Venom].

 As for Lucy, she was hitting the monsters with both Vernichter, and using Hræsvelgr feathers, together with [Lightning Magic], piercing them like it was nothing.

 “Well! Looks like we’ll go to another place.”

 With that, we proceeded towards the ‘Heroes’ group.

 Thanks for the reading~

44