Chapter 51
1.3k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ย 

Join my Discord for more awesomeness.

https://discord.gg/jgHe4zAxnz

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weirdly enough, even though this is supposed to be a Guild meeting of one of the biggest Guilds in the entire YGGDRASIL, right now, their number is weirdly small for that. Not even close to the number they usually have on their regular meeting days.

It's like, a 10 out of 1000. Yeah, they're that few.

Well, it was set to be like this intentionally anyway. Like this is supposed to be a part of their "Plan".

It was set to be like this for a reason. And that reason is...

Trust.

Yeah, their numbers right now are this few because out of all the many Guildmembers they have, these Players are the only ones who are trustworthy enough.

In short, it's a meeting between Sasaki Sasaki and his personal friends.

But of course, they got ambushed still and were trapped, but that's because they didn't know where they were supposed to go in the first place. Yeah, they teleported inside the game individually and have the coordinates already before the meeting even happened, but that doesn't mean anything to any of them because the coordinates they were given, are encrypted.

It means that, other than the one who gave it to them, no one has a way to know where the coordinates would lead them. Well, encryption is supposed to make the coordinates private, if anyone could do something to reveal the location behind the encrypted coordinates, then that just ruins the purpose of encryption itself.

But yeah, they got themselves in their current situation because of this very thing so it didn't serve them well.

But a void might comment that one of them should have tested the coordinates beforehand, just to make sure that nothing can f*ck them all up when the time has come.

Well, like a wise man once said, encryption is supposed to be a way, to make certain coordinates private.

But the encryption method doesn't just make your coordinates unreadable, it also prevents anyone from doing the "testing".

Coordinates allow a certain Player to go from this Area to that designated Area.

But if the Coordinates are encrypted, any Player who has the coordinates wouldn't be able to use that coordinates to go from Area 1 to Area 2 until this particular time in this particular place.

To make it all simple, testing it beforehand is an impossible thing.

Of course, even if they can do the "testing", they probably won't think of doing that because the one who gave the coordinates to them is Ryu, their Vice Guild Leader, and Sasaki Sasaki's best friend. A person who they trust the most after their Guild Leader.

But yeah, again, they got themselves in their current situation because of this very person so their trust didn't really serve them well.

The moment Ryu attacked Sasaki Sasaki, everything finally clicked in all of them. They finally realized that they were completely played from the very start of this event, and they're like idiots who willingly participated in it.

Of course, they were all understandably shocked, disappointed, and somewhat angry. Like non of them expected it.

They got transported to a different place and here, everyone's an enemy of each other.

They need to kill everyone here and be the last man standing if they want to get out of this place safely.

The repercussions of being a Loser are quite big and the reward for being the Winner is extremely good.

These are the things they've been told to do by the notification prompt that appeared in front of them the moment they regained their visions.

But they couldn't care less about it at the moment. The only thing they wanted to ask out loud is "why?"

"... Why did you do this?" Sasaki Sasaki stood still as he looks in his Ryu's direction.

The man in question on the other hand is just standing there in silence, still holding the sword he used to attack Sasaki in the back just a few moments ago.

He's just there, not saying anything. Looking at his friends as they look back at him with fierce in their eyes, at least that's what he's getting from them even though avatars can't really convey the player's real-time expression.

"... What made you do this? Come on tell me." Sasaki Sasaki asked the question again.

Seeing his friend's desperate voice, Ryu made a huge sigh and finally answer back.

"Money. All for the money really." He said in the plainest way as if he isn't in the spotlight right now.

"... YOU BASTARD!" One of the Guild members who couldn't take it anymore shouted at Ryu and attacked by swinging a large hammer towards him... to which, he easily avoided and then counter-attacked successfully.

"... YOU ACTUALLY DARED TO AVOID THAT YOU PIECE OF SH*T!" The guy who was pushed back due to the counterattack shouted toward Ryu even more furiously.

He was about to launch an attack again, and the others are already preparing to follow him up, given that they also felt anger towards Ryu, but Sasaki's voice made them all halt.

"Everyone, calm down for a second. I'm still talking to him."

Everybody wanted to do nothing but slap the sh*t out of Ryu right now because of what he had done, but they also know that Sasaki is probably the most affected by the current situation so they didn't argue anymore and give way for the two.

What will they do next depends on the outcome of their upcoming conversation.

"... You could have said it much better you know?" Sasaki said laughingly, although there's still a slight sadness in his tone, he still gave off a chuckle somehow... which weirded his other Guildmembers out, greatly.

Like, dude, you just got betrayed by your most trusted friend, why are you being amused now?

But of course, that kind of thought, they just keep it all to themselves. Right now, they're just nothing but a spectator.

"Well, it's the truth isn't it?" Ryu said with a bit of a sarcastic tone.

After hearing Ryu's sarcastic remark, Sasaki looks pretty calm, unlike those who are watching the two who are visibly irritated. He even laughed lightly before speaking again.

"Yeah it is, but if you put it out like that, you can't blame them for hating and being disappointed in you."

"... That's completely fine. Aren't you the same?"

"Well, at first yeah. Can't help but be like that you know?"

"... Heh, you'r-" After this, Ryu was about to say something, somewhat sarcastic again, but he got cut off by Sasaki as he made a follow-up, but this time, with more seriousness on his tone, to which, surprised him for a little bit.

"Come on Ryu. Why not just tell us your real reason for doing this? Why are you making yourself look like the bad guy here?"

!!!

After Sasaki said this, the eyes of his Guildmembers/Friends went wide open.

Now, after hearing this, they finally realized why Sasaki seems calm through all this. Why, for some reason, he's so passive about all of these happenings.

Well, It turns out that, there's an even bigger picture behind all these events, a bigger picture that Sasaki knows, and clearly, they don't.

Now they're greatly curious. They're curious as to what Ryu's reasons are.

Now all of them, all the attention, has been shifted towards Ryu.

Ryu on the other hand, got over his shocked expression immediately. Now, he just looks back at them for a second, looking like he's contemplating something, and a couple of moments after, sighs heavily.

An eerie silence had engulfed the group, this lasted for a second before Ryu finally decided to speak.

"... It doesn't matter what reasons I have. That doesn't justify what I've done. I'm a selfish guy, I betrayed all of you, period. "

"Ryu, don't-"

"... No, stop it. Whatever you want to say, stop it. If you really know what I'm doing this for, and that you understand it, then just keep it to yourself."

"But-"

"... Please. Until everything is over."

Sasaki wanted to speak more. He knows that there's a reason behind Ryu's action and he wanted for his friends here to understand what it is because he doesn't want them to hate him. He knows something that his other Friends don't, he can just blurt it out loud, but he thought that if Ryu doesn't want to say it, then why would he do that?

Ryu didn't even tell him a single thing and just knew the reasons behind his actions by pure chance, so if that's his will, then who is he to go against that.

That's why Sasaki's plan is to persuade Ryu to say it by himself, he plans to not give up until Ryu finally explains it all to them, but right now, seeing Ryu's unwavering manner about this matter, Sasaki can only sigh in defeat.

" Haaa~. So, how much is the offer?"

Hearing Sasaki's question, Ryu pondered for a second before answering back.

"Hmm... more than enough I guess."

"... For everything?"

" Yeah. For everything." Ryu said with a mysterious gladness in his tone. It distracted him for a second, like his mind suddenly went off to another place... though that moment didn't last that long as he suddenly turned back on his stoic-like demeanor.

All of this, however, failed to avoid Sasaki's eyes. He saw how his friend failed to hide his emotions. A proof that Ryu's behavior right now is nothing but a facade.

To which, brings Smiles to Sasaki's face.

" Alright. So, is this the end of your deal? Cause if it is, then I'm afraid I have to kill you now." Sasaki said towards Ryu.

" No. I actually need to do one more thing." Ryu said as he brings up his sword up front, which alerted his other Guildmates as they all took defensive formation.

"... Everyone, stand down. Relax and let him do his thing." Sasaki said towards his Guildmates/Friends while gesturing at Ryu with a "Do it" gesture. Which made Ryu grateful as he nod lightly toward him as "Thanks" before thrusting his sword upwards and then unleashing a skill.

-๐˜๐˜ž๐˜–๐˜–๐˜–๐˜–

As Ryu unleashed his skill, a skill that fires a huge laser beam from the tip of his sword, Sasaki and his other Guildmates did nothing but watch. Though they're all in a defensive state.

What Ryu unleashed is a powerful skill of his, and they all knew this. It's a skill meant for attacking, but weirdly enough, no one seems confused as to why Ryu unleashed it towards the sky, and not on them.

They all know that Ryu fired off the skill not to attack, but to attract someone's eye. That the giant laser that Ryu made is not an attack, but a beacon that just revealed their exact location.

And they all know who he just attracted.

"It's done." After a couple of seconds, Ryu finally spoke while still in the middle of Firing his skill. He's looking in his Guildmates' direction when he said this, but they all know that he is looking at Sasaki specifically.

Sasaki didn't say anything but only nodded toward Ryu as a response.

What Ryu just said is a signal that only Sasaki understands. So, since it is a signal, an Action that corresponds to it has to be made.

So, as an action, Sasaki brought forth his hand forward, and a gesture like he's holding something when there's none is being made.

[ Skill: Calling of the Great Sword of Fyor ]

Immediately after this, in a burst of sudden white light, a huge sword appeared in Sasaki's grasp.

The Laser beam that has been firing off towards the sky non-stop from Ryu's sword has been extinguished too. That's right, after the Sword appeared on Sasaki's hand, the Laser Beam that was coming out of Ryu's sword disappeared all of a sudden.

And judging by Ryu's reaction, it was not him who stopped it.

"See you on the other side."

-๐˜š๐˜ž๐˜–๐˜–๐˜š๐˜

Ryu only heard two sounds, Sasaki's voice, and the notification prompt that's telling him that, he's now dead.

(AN: Dead in a sense.)

He didn't even see what happened. Even the others failed to see how it happened. They just saw a burst of light and the next thing they knew, Ryu's gone.

"He's gone now?" One of the Guild Members asked as they all looked around the vicinity.

"... Yep." Sasaki with a sigh.

" So, earlier, what was that about?" Another Guildmember, the same Player who attacked Ryu earlier, walked closely to Sasaki and ask the question that probably, everyone here other than Sasaki himself, is dying to know.

Sasaki, after hearing his question, breathed in a large amount of virtual air before answering.

"It's about his mom."

After hearing this, confused expressions appeared on the Guildmember's faces.

"His mom? What happened?" Another Guildmember, who also has a somewhat close relationship with Ryu, asked.

"... Didn't know much but, I heard she's sick and they need a lot of money for the treatment."

After Sasaki said this, a sudden wave of embarrassment had flown throughout the whole Guild members. All of them are so eager to know the reason behind Ryu's actions, but now that they already know, they didn't know now how to respond to it.

Especially with their actions towards Ryu earlier.

Seeing his Guild members' reaction right now to what he said, a smile of gladness appeared on Sasaki's face.

He's relieved.

And in the meantime, that's already enough for him...

"... I know what you guys are feeling, but I'm sure that Ryu understands. So, don't worry about that for now-" Sasaki paused for a moment as he look towards the sky from a far distance with a serious expression.

"... Worry about that first."

When the rest of the Guild Members heard this, they all look in the direction where Sasaki is looking and the somewhat soft expression on their faces, immediately hardened.

What they saw is a bunch of shining stars in the sky. Which normally, isn't that weird, but in this place, those stars mean something. Something dangerous that is.

And it didn't take them that long until their guts proved them right as the bright stars in the sky, suddenly became even brighter that it is almost hard to look at.

And then, immediately after that, brightness engulfed the whole area they were in...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Join my Pa-treon to read ahead of the story.

www.Pa-treon.com/Evrabonzz

44