Chapter 4: Information exchange
667 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Thanks for the feedback in regards to my noobish writing, after reading it (and a few lessons with google sensei) I've gone back and edited the old chapters as well. On another note, I'm still not satisfied with it so any more is always welcome. Hope you enjoy!

Atin stared down the war droid facing him. Seconds passed in silence before Atin acknowledged that 'Sparky', as it was apparently named would not withdraw without an answer. " Firstly, I would like you to remove yourself from my personal space." Atin broke the silence and said in a slightly arrogant tone.

The droids annoyed response fell on deaf ears as Atin realized what he'd just said. Noticing that he'd not only said a full sentence, but he'd also spoken to a complete stranger, And with an arrogant attitude at that! Trying to gather his thoughts, he found his mind clear, not weighted down and slowed as it usually was. Normally trying to communicate was like trying to wade through waist-deep mud, sinking deeper the harder he tried to get his point across. His only release from this pit was working on machines. From a simple Fuel cell to a Hyperdrive engine, Atin absorbed knowledge about any type of machine, tool, ship, droid or materials he could get his hands on and knew them inside out from their compositions to common uses, even market prices didn't escape the black hole that was his appetite for information regarding this subject.

Absorbed in his thoughts, Atin didn't notice the AZI medical droid floating closer. Prick. A large syringe punctured Atins skin bringing him back to reality. "Final Bacta shot administered" a mechanical voice rang out as Atin winced and turned to face the droid. "Pain receptors functioning normally." Pointing a hand at Atins face, the tip of the droids finger lit up and shone a light in his eyes. "Optical receptors responsive, the patient has indeed regained full cognitive function." Putting its hand down, the droid floats back slightly before speaking, "Apologies for the behaviour of my nurse, his bedside manner programming is sorely lacking. I am medical droid AZI-137."

before he could continue, sparky held a blaster to AZI-137's head and interrupted. "Say it."

AZI-137 quickly spoke up, "affectionately known as Floaty." Sparky lowers the blaster. Bowing, Floaty looks at Atin and asks, "may I inquire as to the identity of the young master?"

Atin eyed the droid, wondering if he should trust it. to his knowledge, this model of droid was of Kaminoan make and available only to the population of Kamino. "Why are you calling me young master?" Atin answered, replying to the droid's question with one of his own.

"I've identified the ship you arrived on as one belonging to Senator Padme Amidala" Answered Floaty, seemingly unphased by Atin ignoring its question. "Logic dictates you are either someone of importance or a pirate, and judging by the fact that you were the sole survivor and the presence of a Mandalore protector on said ship, I have deduced that you are most likely a person of importance and being a person of importance there is a high chance of someone rescuing you."

"So you saved me on the off chance you could get off this planet? Fair enough." Nodding Atin Continues. "Speaking of which what planet are we on?

"Raxus Prime, Around 700 standard republic metres beneath the surface." the droid answered, placing the large needle back on the table, "you were quite heavily wounded when we found you, had we been a few minutes later, you would have perished due to the toxic nature of the atmosphere present on this planet."

"Raxus Prime.....tsk. And hows the ship?" Atin asked, clearly frustrated at the news.

Before Floaty could answer, the duo got interrupted by the crackle of electricity as an Electrostaff was pointed at Atins face.

"What a disrespectful meatbag!" the red lights on Sparky's visor flicker as he continues. " Before we answer more of your questions, you'd best answer some of ours. Now, your name?"

Another staredown between the two filled the air with a tense atmosphere before Atin relented and answered, "Atin Kryze, I was on my way to Cantobite when the ship was set upon by separatist forces."

Lowering the Electrostaff, Sparky speaks in an upbeat tone. "Great! Introductions are always the first step toward friendship"

"Ah! the secret son of the Mandalorian Dutchess." Floaty chimed in turning toward Sparky, "our chances of being rescued has increased considerably"

Not a lot of people knew about Atin and the few that did were people trusted by his mother. Atin had once overheard his mother and Padme speaking about how the prime minister would have too much leverage if he'd ever found out about his existence. Atin's memories of this conversation were crystal clear, recalling even the tiniest details on the ornate teacup in his mother's hand was easy.

"What luck! finally, the young mistress can get off this filthy pla-"

Atin cuts the droid off, "How did you know that!" Reasoning that whoever leaked his existence was also responsible for his encounter with Grievous.
Using his remaining arm, Atin yanked himself toward Floaty. Atin's body, now much lighter after losing his limbs, flipped over the side of the table slamming into the floor to spite the meagre strength held in his left arm.

"Please calm down master Kryze, I may have administered the final dose of required Bacta, but too much activity will reopen your wounds. You've already had tremendous luck since your wounds were cauterized before we found you."

At the mention of the condition his body was found in, Atin recalled the bright glow of the green lightsabre that took his limbs, the trail of light it left in its wake as with a single effortless swing, it robbed him of his right arm. The memory of intense pain, searing heat and the smell of charred flesh filling his nose that came with every lazy swing of the blade caused Atin to feel sick to his stomach. A mouthful of bile escaped his lips as Atin struggled to lift himself off the ground. Slipping on the slick fluid, Atin fell facefirst into his own sick, Laying motionless for a few seconds before letting out a long tired sigh and speaking up, "Can you help me up" Atin muttered seemingly defeated.

"Don't be sad"

A soft, gentle voice rang out as a small Ugnaught girl stepped out from behind Sparky.

14