Chapter 12: Guests
433 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three men followed Floaty through the dark cave system in relative silence, Floaty spoke occasionally in order to give them instructions telling them when and how to avoid the numerous traps that littered their path. “Not much longer now gentlemen, we will arrive soon. Now if you would be kind enough to hand over your sabres please, of course the clone trooper may keep the blaster.” Sparky addressed the men and held out his hand.

Obi wan shrugged his shoulders and handed floaty his sabre knowing full well that retrieving it forcefully if he should have to would be simple. “Out of curiosity, why would your master only want the Jedi of the group disarmed?”

Floaty accepted the sabre from Obi Wan then motioned to Anakin to do the same, giving his master an uneasy look Anakin reluctantly followed suit. “In all honesty, my master would berate me if he knew what I ask of you, he is rather stubborn when it comes to following his customs.” Floaty answered as a compartment on his chest opened and he put the lightsabres in.

“Is your master a Mandalorian?” Obi wan asked the droid, remembering this particular trait from Mandalorian culture.

“Astute observation Sir, yes my master is a Mandalorian, from the Nobel house Kryze no less!”

Failing to notice the look of shock that was currently plastered on his masters face, Anakin inquired further, “So why just the sabres? Why disobey your master?”

“Technically I am still owned by Bzzzzzzt of Bzzzzzzt so I’m not disobeying any orders, and as for the other question, master Atin is still my patient and seeing lightsabres right now would most likely Trigger his trauma and be quite detrimental for his mental recovery.”

“Trauma?” Anakin asked.

“Oh,  when we found master Atin he wa-“ Floaty started answering before an angry voice Boomed out of one of the cracks in the wall interrupting him.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!!?” Atin Yelled. Obi Wan and Anakin felt it before they heard him, a surge of force energy that immediately put them on guard and sent them reaching for their waist only to remember that they had just given their sabres to the droid. “Why not tell them about our defences and weaponry while you’re at it!” Atin continued.

“Apologies master Atin, I was just trying to be a good host.” Floaty answered, slightly dejected.

“Just take them to the door and keep your trap shut. Also, give back the sabres, I’m not some weak child in need of coddling.” There was a trace of frustration in his voice as Atin spoke through the crack, “I’ll meet you there.”

The cargo bay doors were already open once they arrived, standing in the doorway with the basilisk droid at his back was Atin, a grim stare on his face and a blaster pointed at the new arrivals. Cydon’s corpse had been moved to just outside the bay doors, probably in an effort to keep Miilo from seeing it, all of his armour had been stripped and a spade lay in a small pool of blood on the ground next to him.

“Who are you and why are you here?” Atin questioned

Anakin looked toward his master, normally at this point Obi wan would make whatever introductions were necessary, usually with an amount of charm or wit that leaves whomever they meet with a good first impression, but this time his master was oddly quiet and had his eyes fixed on the young man in front of them. Seeing this, Anakin decided to speak up instead. “My name is Anakin Skywalker, this is my master Obi Wan Kenobi and this is captain Rex of the five o first.”

It was Atin’s turn to be surprised, his memories of his encounter with grievous, no matter how much he tried to forget, was still clear in his mind and at the mention of Obi Wan’s name he knew exactly who he was looking at.

“As for our mission,” Anakin continued, noticing the young man’s blaster lowering as he listened. “We’re actually here on two, the first is to investigate separatist activity on the planet and the second is more of a rescue mission for a friend of my masters.”

“I’d say she’s more than a friend……….. Hello father” Atin responded, looking at Obi Wan.

“Hello………..son.” Obi wan replied and an awkward silence took over.

Obi Wan was the first to speak, “Your mother described you… Differentl.y”

“I’ve had to adapt to survive.” Looking down and clenching his mechanical fist, Atin continued. “I suppose I am rather different than the last time mother saw me. Don’t look so surprised father, I thought you’d be taller.”

“Your arm and legs……..” Obi wan responded, a frown slowly creeping onto his face.

“A gift from grievous, don’t know why he left me alive but I intend to make him realise his mistake” Atin responded, undisguised rage visible in his eyes.

“Grievous? But why?” Obi wan questioned.

“He wanted to get to you……” Atin responded and another awkward silence filled the air before Obi wan responded.

“I’m so sor-“ Obi wan was cut off before he could continue.

“Don’t be. That your enemies look for ways to beat you without engaging in combat shows how formidable you are and is worthy of respect. Grievous bested me because of my own weakness.” Looking at Cydon’s lifeless body, Atin continued, “something I won’t allow anyone else to repeat.”

“Aren’t you mad at me? For not being there? For Grievous?” Obi wan asked.

“Why would I be? I’m sure she had her reasons but mother didn’t tell you about me, how could that be your fault? If anything I should be mad at her but knowing everything she has to deal with makes that hard. Let’s go inside, I have some things to attend to now that the bounty hunters been dealt with and we know you guys are friendlies.” Atin motioned to the inside of the cargo bay “Oh and don’t worry about the basilisk, it isn’t operational, was just using him for intimidation.”

“Is that Cydon Prax?” Rex asked after seeing the body lying next to the entrance.

“Don’t know,” Atin shrugged his shoulders. “All I know is that he was looking for the thing we have locked up on the ship.” Looking toward Obi wan Atin continued, “A sith artefact. I’m pretty sure that thing is the focus of your other mission.” Seeing Anakin and obi wan share a look Atin continued, “I’ll explain inside.”

As the group made their way inside Rex spoke again, “You beat him?”

“Wasn’t easy but yeah, with a little trickery.” Atin Answered.

“Cydon worked as a hired instructor on Kamino, I know for a fact his skill isn’t anything to snuff at.” Rex replied.

“Like I said, trickery. He wasn’t expecting a fight so he had limited weaponry and he was fighting on my home turf.” Pointing toward the destroyed tanks and cooling fluid spilled on the floor Atin continued, “Lots of things had to line up, I only won because of luck.”

“No such thing as luck in battle kid, only the ability to adapt.” Turning to Obi wan Rex continued, “Looks like the apple doesn’t fall far hey commander?”

“Going by what we felt earlier that does seem to be the case.” Anakin spoke up before Obi wan could answer, “I know you felt it too master.”

“Yes, Yes I did” Obi wan responded.

“What are you talking about?” Atin asked after overhearing the trio’s conversation.

14