Legacy
1.3k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing in a crowd full of people, a young boy could not help but be dazzled by the sight in front of him. A tall, fairly muscular man was on his knees with a grin on his face. Standing next to him were two soldiers, wielding execution blades.

This man who seemed powerless was his idol. Gol D. Roger. The man the world government dubbed as pirate king.

Somehow the world government caught him and today was the day he would be executed.

Everyone around was silent, watching this historic moment.

The two soldiers did a motion with their two blades, crossing them while everyone gasped awaiting the next moment.

Even the young boy could feel his heart beat speed up.

"Hey! Pirate King!"

Someone shouted, the crowd was too large for him to see who it was.

"What did you do with your treasure? It's somewhere on the Grand Line, right? You have it, don't you? The greatest treasure in the world!?"

The man shouted once more, drawing the attention of all those around.

On the execution platform one of the soldiers looked into the crowd.

"Insolent! Hold your tongue!"

The soldier commanded the man, but he did not listen.

"Your one special treasure? ONE PIECE!"

His voice carried itself throughout the whole town square.

The words he spoke must have drew Rogers attention, because he gazed into the crowd with a devilish grin on his face. His laughter rang out as if he could not contain himself.

"My treasure?"

Roger asked as if he were amused.

This was the first time since his capture that someone asked him about it. If people wanted to know, he would tell them.

Roger's laughter disrupted the whole mood, causing the two soldiers to point their execution blades at him.

"All right! That's enough!"

The other soldier commanded.

"If you want it, i'll let you have it. I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you'll just have to find it!"

Roger did not heed the soldiers words, instead he spoke to the crowd. To all those present that wanted to know the same thing. Where was his treasure?

It would not be easy, Roger knew that. If it was easy, everyone would do it. Still, if they managed to find it they were the one who would carry on his will.

"Execute!"

Fearing that Roger would say too much, the two soldiers moved and pierced him in the chest.

The entire square was full of people with their mouths wide open. But, they cheered, something that the soldiers found to be weird.

It was too late, Roger gave them a dream. Treasure beyond their wildest dreams, awaited them. All they had to do was go search for it.

The young boy in the crowd smiled brightly.

He's only heard stories of the man but this was his first encounter with him. Roger was definitely someone to look up to. And to think, he started off here, just like him.

The entire scene caused him to be sidetracked. Quickly he ran off, making his way out of the crowd.

Every few corners he turned his head to make sure no one was following him. The place he was going to was a secret, and he'd be beaten if anyone knew where he was.

The young boy arrived at a run down house that seemed abandoned. The building was made of brick but a portion of it was destroyed. There was even a hole in the wall, but it was not that big. Just large enough to fit a young child.

He was small so he slipped right inside.

Inside the abandoned house there was a fire going on, and around the fire were two children not much older than him.

A black haired boy held a map in his hand while the blonde haired boy was gazing over his shoulder. The map was pretty old, which could be seen by the few holes on it and small tears.

"Wolf, that you?"

The blonde haired boy asked as he looked over in the direction the young boy was coming from. He heard some footsteps so he could not help but notice.

"Yeah!"

Wolf, the young boy who witnessed Gol D. Rogers' historic death answered.

"What took you so long? You were supposed to be here ages ago."

The blonde boy questioned him as him and the black haired boy were waiting for Wolf to arrive.

"Sorry, but you'll never guess who I saw!"

Wolf could not hide the excitement in his voice. Just thinking about it caused his blood to boil.

"Who?"

"The Pirate King! Gold Roger!'

"No way!"

Both boys exclaimed not believing in Wolf's words. Gold Roger was a legendary figure, how could Wolf see him?

"Wasn't he captured? How did you see him? Did you sneak into the marine base?"

"No, he was executed in the square. That's why I took so long."

Wolf quickly explained what happened to the two boys.

"No wonder the town seemed to empty! You know what this means?"

The black haired boy asked his two friends as he lowered the map in his hands.

"What?"

Wolf asked.

"We'll be rich! The ports are empty, if we hurry we can sneak onboard a ship and steal some money."

The blonde haired boy was not feeling to entusathic about the idea. They already had a plan to make some money, why toss it aside?

"I don't know Ross… why don't we just stick to the plan we have now? We distract the barkeep while Wolf sneaks in through the back."

"Com'on Angel, we'll never get a moment like this again. Wolf is with me on this right?"

Ross the black haired boy looked over at Wolf.

Wolf smiled and nodded his head.

"Yeah Angel, we need to take risks to get a better reward. Is that not what you said about stealing from the bar?"

Angel sighed.

"That was the bar! At most we'll be banned. You two are talking about pirates. P-I-R-A-T-E-S! We'll be killed!"

Angel was not that much of a coward, but he knew when to back off. This idea of Ross' spelled trouble. He needed to talk his two buddies out of it.

"Not if we move fast! Just search the ship then leave. We'll be out before anyone knows we were there."

Wolf said in an innocent tone.

Ross nodded his head.

Angel seeing that he was defeated gave in and helplessly agreed to go with them.

With everyone in agreement, the three boys set off to see their plan succeed. Luckily they were close to the docks, so it did not take them long to arrive.

Ross was at the head of the group, he placed his hand over his eyes as if it would increase his vision. His head turned left and right, looking for a suitable prey.

"How about that one?"

Angel asked as he pointed to a small boat.

"That's a fisherman's boat!"

Wolf said as he laughed.

"Come! That one with an axe on it!"

Ross said as he darted off towards the small ship that had a weird jolly roger. There was a skull that had an axe going through its head.

Following right behind him was Wolf and Angel.

The three of them approached the ship. At a distance it looked somewhat small, but now that they were up close to it the ship was pretty big.

They climbed up onto the ship. Ross looked over the edge as he smiled, this was a nice view.

"Look, we don't need to take that long. Ross you check the kitchen, i'll check the storage. Wolf you go to the captain's quarters. Meet back here in ten minutes."

Angel said.

Ross and Angel knew that if anything was worth taking it would be in the captain's quarters. Wolf was good with locks, so it was best he go there to see if he could snag any valuables. Also he was the fastest out of the three.

Ross nodded, and Angel followed shortly after.

Wolf headed into a door not too far away from him. Angel told him where the captain quarters was.

Inside, the room was small, having a wooden desk with some silver coins on it along with a few papers. Wolf wasted no time, not even admiring the map or the picture hung on the wall.

If he did, he would have saw the wanted poster that showcased a pirate worth 3,000,000 belly.

All of the silver coins were worth 100 belly, and there were a few Wolf could easily pocket.

He then proceeded to open up the dressers and tossed everything inside, until he managed to find twenty more silver.

"We're rich!"

Wolf was overjoyed by his findings, but did not stop his search.

Inside the room there was also a cabinet, it was closed but not for long. When Wolf tried to open it he found out that it was locked.

He laughed to himself as he pulled out a wire from his messy silver hair.

Fiddling with the lock, it only took him a minute before the cabinet was open.

Inside he found a sack of coins, a revolver, and a small box.

He planned on taking it all, but wanted to know what was inside the box. When he opened it up, he saw a dark purple fruit with a green steam. It was weirdly shaped and looked strange.

Wolf was unsure of what it actually was, but he still took it.

That is until he realized that his hands were full.

"Eh, it's not worth anything."

Wolf told himself as he grabbed the sack and the fruit. He took a quick bite out of it, wondering how it would taste.

Unfortunately for Wolf he wanted to throw up. That was how terrible it tasted.

His face turned sour as he stuck out his tongue while trying to get the taste out of his mouth. Feeling wronged he tossed the fruit to the side and grabbed the revolver instead.

The revolver was black in color, and its chamber was able to hold six bullets.

Wolf found the gun to be heavy, but still managed to carry it with him.

Outside he waited for Ross and Angel but as time went on neither of the two boys showed up. Feeling that something was wrong, Wolf went in the direction they went.

He checked the rooms, nothing.

It wasn't until he made it to the hull did he find the two boys.

"You dare steal from the axe pirates?"

Ross and Angel were being confronted by three large men, all rough looking with scarfs over their heads. Both boys spotted Wolf and made small movements with their heads, telling him not to come.

Wolf saw this but felt it was wrong to leave his two friends behind.

Pointing the revolver at the man Wolf fired. The recoil was strong, causing him to be knocked back.

Wolf fell to ground with his back hitting the wall of the ship.

"Run Wolf! Run!"

Wolf's shot missed its target, but he caught the attention of the three pirates. One of them started running towards him as he brandished his saber.

Ross and Angel tried to stop him, but were kicked to the side by the pirates mates. Those two dealt with the two boys swiftly, stabbing them in the arms causing the two boys to cry out in pain.

Wolf's heart beat sped up, looking at the scene in front of him he ran.

The belly in the sack fell out, most of it was all over the ground. Wolf did not even pick up the sack and instead left it. There were still some belly in his pockets, but he was not even worried about money right now.

"Get back here you brat!"

As he ran, the pirate was approaching fast.

Wolf ran with all his might, his thoughts focusing on escaping. He probably would have ran faster if he dropped the revolver, but his mind was blank right now. His instinct was to survive.

A small portal opened itself up in front of Wolf. Behind him was the pirate, and in front a portal. Wolf did not know where to go, so he just ran forward. He threw himself into the portal that appeared out of nowhere only to find out that he managed to teleport himself a large distance away from the man.

The pirate saw this and was shocked.

"Fuck me! Where did you get a devil fruit? Don't tell me…"

The pirate did not even want to finish that sentence. If what he was thinking was true, then him and his mates were all screwed once the captain returned.

Wolf confused got up from the ground and ran again. This time the distance between him and the pirate was great, so he managed to escape.

When he made it back to the deck, he saw that there were other pirates coming onto the ship.

Looking around Wolf felt there was no escape.

The pirates coming onto the ship noticed something was wrong and quickly made their way to the deck. They spotted Wolf with the revolver and a pirate shouting at him. All of them took out their weapons aiming for Wolf.

Wolf ran and jumped off the side of the ship.

He'd rather risk his life in the ocean than with these guys.

It should be noted that Wolf was not a good swimmer. The last time he tried to swim he almost drowned. That was ten days ago, and his skill did not improve.

However, as he was falling off the side of the ship a portal appeared and his body went through it.

Rushing towards the side of the ship to see where Wolf went, the pirates were shocked by what they saw. Nothing, Wolf was gone.

A large man with a giant axe made his way through the pirates. He noticed the captain's quarters door was slightly open. Going inside, he yelled.

"Fuck!"

23