Targets
258 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Need a drinking partner?”

A woman with long blonde hair asked as she sat down on the stool next to a tall slim man with slick black hair. On the counter in front of him was a mug full of alcohol, but he was not drinking it. Instead, he kept going around the rim of the mug with his finger.

Without looking at her he picked up his drink and took a sip.

“No.”

He told her.

The woman did not care that he said no, she moved her body closer. How could he resist her charms? All men loved it when women came up to them in this manner.

Turning to look at her, she could see his dark eyes behind his glasses. He was handsome, her luck was good today.

“I guess you have a hearing problem, so let me repeat myself. I don’t need a partner. Now leave.”

Flinching at his remark, the woman looked at him and then snorted. She was offended by his action. How dare he refuse her? She did not give anyone else the time of day, but she gave him her time. He should consider himself lucky.

Taking her drink, the woman had the urge to toss it at him. He looked pretty weak, but something told her that was not the right idea. Especially considering the looks she was receiving in the bar.

Various men and some women were looking at her. As if they were debating on what to do if she acted.

Instead, the woman just turned and left.

As she was leaving, a silver-haired man walked into the bar. He instantly caught sight of the blonde-haired woman walking away from the counter. Getting a general idea of what occurred, he chuckled.

“Breaking hearts still Kuro?”

Wolf asked the black-haired man who was sitting at the bar counter.

Kuro turned his head and saw Wolf approaching. Wolf knew that Kuro disliked when random people approached him at the bar. Especially when it was some random woman whose beauty was below his standards.

Kuro’s standards for the perfect woman made Wolf think he was insane. Wolf knew that Kuro’s life as a single man would last a lifetime.

“Did you get what you were looking for?”

Kuro asked a question instead of answering Wolf’s question. Kuro knew that Wolf was just teasing him and was not actually looking for an answer.

“Nah. There was some man that came in before I could find it.”

Hearing this, Kuro raised his glasses.

“So you ran away?”

Wolf laughed. He did run away.

“A bit strong it seems. I did not think this place way out here would have someone that powerful.”

Wolf admitted.

Kuro thought it over for a moment.

“It shouldn’t. You think you can handle him?”

Kuro asked.

Wolf did not reply, he only smiled.

Being confident was nice, but Wolf trained his abilities for years. He had a good idea of what he could and could not do.

Seeing the look Wolf was giving him, Kuro knew that he would not answer. He knew how strong Wolf was, but Wolf never faced anyone powerful. That did not mean Wolf was weak due to the lack of opponents being powerful. It gave his captain plenty of time to experiment with his devil fruit ability to develop new techniques.

“Anyway, did you find anyone suitable? I know we haven't been here long, but knowing you, you probably have your eyes on someone already.”

Kuro reached into his breast pocket and pulled out a folded sheet of paper.

Opening it, Wolf noted the two names down on the paper.

“Either one of them will do. The first one is an easy target, he’s a nobleman in decline. Heard he adopted some kid, but he has money to go around. The second is a bit harder to get to, from what I’ve seen, but he has some treasured items.”

Wolf looked around the bar and spotted his crew members having a good time. Sliding the paper back to Kuro Wolf told him he would take the first one.

“You take everyone and deal with the second nobleman. I’ll handle the first one alone. Is Arlong here?”

Kuro shook his head as he pocketed the paper.

“He stayed on the ship. Said if he couldn’t kill the humans here he wasn’t interested in coming on the island.”

Wolf put up two fingers to alert the bartender and quickly ordered something to drink.

“Probably for the best. The things I’ve seen here, he’d probably rage.”

“You talking about slavery? I noticed that too, but it’s fairly common in these large kingdoms.”

Wolf nodded.

“To think we have to live in a world like this. Fucking government sitting on their asses while some are treated like ants. What kind of leaders would let that happen?”

“They’ll get what's coming to them. For now, we need to focus on what's in front of us. Let me tell you what I found.”

As Wolf and Kuro were chatting with one another about the situation going on here in the Goa Kingdom. Buggy and Alvida finally walked through the bar doors.

Alvida was wielding a giant club with spikes, and Buggy had blood on his clothing.

8