Desire
113 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean you won't heal them?" Wolf asked the man named Bilup.

Bilup gulped down his alcohol before slamming it down back on the table. Wolf found it amusing that the man thought he could intimidate him just like that. He looked weak, but that didn't mean Wolf was weak.

"Just like I said. I'm not healing them, so don't ask me. Go somewhere else, I don't do that any more." Bilup told Wolf as he waved his hand.

Bilup's father also looked amused by the situation as if he's seen this happen quite a few times already. Everyone in the bar also had a grin on their face.

Wolf glanced toward the old man. "There's no one else?"

"Afraid not."

Kuro raised his glasses. "We can pay you, name a price."

Bilup's eyes flashed with greed but then shook his head.

"It's not about the money. If there's nothing else, then I'm going back to work."

Bilup left the counter and went back behind the door, leaving the Phantom Pirates at the tavern counter.

"What's his problem?" Arlong asked.

"No clue."

"Think he'd work for us if we murder everyone here?" Arlong asked as he showed his sharp teeth.

No one took that statement too kindly. But, Wolf and Kuro both found it funny and smiled. Killing them wouldn't have the effect Wolf would like. Given that they were messing with a doctor, who knew what he could do to Kuro or Arlong if they did murder everyone. Therefore, it was best to play things safe for now.

Besides, even if he did do what they wanted, Wolf would have to have him always be afraid of him. That wasn't something he wanted.

"So, what's his issue?" Wolf asked the old man.

"Two weeks ago some bandits came and destroyed his shop. Took him for everything he had, and in the process, he injured his arm. After that, his arms have never been the same." The old man explained.

"Oh. Where'd they go?"

The old man shrugged. "No idea, they took a ship and went to sea. Haven't seen them since."

"So, they robbed your son, then left on a ship. Doesn't sound like bandits at all." Kuro stated.

"Sounds like something i'd do. Except, I'd have killed him instead." Arlong added.

"Bandits or pirates, it doesn't matter now. We came here in search for a doctor, but he turned out to be useless." Wolf said.

The old man put down the mug he was cleaning.

"Well, there is someone. But, you'd be better off trying for my son instead. She is young, and doesn't know everything he does."

Wolf raised his eyebrow at that. A young doctor? Sounded perfect to him.

"Then bring us to her. Faster they are fixed, the quicker we can get out of here."

The old man laughed. "If only things were that simple. She's a complete thug now, going around town beating up people. One of these days she's going to get herself killed."

"Well, where is she?" Wolf asked.

Right as he said those words the tavern's door opened. Two youngsters walked in with large strides, one next to the other. The red haired young girl had her hands behind her head. "Grandpa!" She shouted.

"There she is now." The old man said with a smile.

All of the crew looked at the young girl, then back towards the old man. She couldn't be more than ten years old, and this was the doctor he wanted to heal them. Either the old man was insane, or they were.

"This is my granddaughter Desire, she wanted to be a doctor and studied under Bilup, but now she wants to be a pirate. That's her friend, Bartolomeo."

"Who are these people? Pirates?" Desire asked.

"Yeah, seems to look that way."

Desire squinted her eyes as she looked at Wolf.

"I've seen you before somewhere..."

"Here?" Wolf pulled out his wanted poster.

"Ah! Yeah, what are you doing here?"

Wolf pointed to his crew. "To find a doctor."

"Well, look no further. Bilup is in the back, I'll go get him."

The old man laughed at that. They already tried the man and he told them no.

"Your grandfather said you wanted to be a pirate. That's true?"

"Yeah, so?"

"We are looking for some more people, want to join?"

"Ha, no way dude! You look weaker than him." Desire pointed to the young boy next to her.

"How about you fight our rookie? You lose, which means I'm stronger than you, and you can join us. You win, then you can ask me for something."

Desire thought it over for a second. "You mean those guys?" She pointed to Kuro and the others.

Wolf shook his head. "No. Her name is Alvida, she's young but has proven herself a bit in battle."

Bartolomeo who was silent this entire time grabbed Desire by the jacket. He whispered something in her ear, and she grinned. "Alright, you have yourself a deal. There's no one within my age range I can't beat."

"Confident, I like this one!" Arlong commented.

"Great, I'll be right back." Wolf told her.

He stood up and opened a portal underneath him. His vanishing act surprised everyone present, except for his own crew.

When he reappeared he was at his ship and saw his crew talking to two young boys. They looked familiar, and when he came closer he saw who they were. These two were on the last island, how did they end up here?"

"Boss!" One of his crew members called out.

"We caught these two stowing away on the ship."

4