What’s he like
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alvida made a disgusted face after digesting the devil fruit. Kuro and Wolf both waited with anticpation to see what she was capable of. Why was he getting such a strange feeling from the fruit?

"So?" Wolf asked after Alvida tossed the rest of the fruit overboard.

He noticed her eyes change from black to golden, then black once more. Alvida looked around the ship and at sea, her facing glowing with excitment.

"I can see!" She shouted.

"See?"

"Yeah. My vision increased a lot." She sniffed the air. "But, my smell seems to be gone?" She questioned them as she tilted her head.

"Vision increase and decrease in smell?" Wolf looked at Kuro.

"Could be anything. What else?" Kuro asked as he looked at Alvida.

She shrugged. "I don't know. How do these things work?" She asked.

"Guess it'll take you some time to figure it out. For me I was in a desperate situation and wanted to escape, then my ability activated. After practice I was able to do a lot more, so if you have an increase in vision I guess we should see what to do about that." Wolf said.

"How far can you see? Can you see in the dark?" Kuro asked.

Alvida shrugged, then turned around. "I can see the pimple on Red's face from here."

"Hey, with this maybe i'll finally be able to beat her!" Alvida jumped down from where they were at and landed on the bottom deck. Wolf and Kuro knew where she was headed and shook their head.

It's been some time since Alvida lost against their swordsman. She was a young woman who dreamed of becoming the world's best, and after convincing her that if she wanted to be the best that she needed to travel, the young girl joined them. She was strong and her sword style was passed down by her family, most of the adults in their crew couldn't beat her.

"These kids will surpass the adults eventually." Wolf said jokingly.

"It's only a matter of time. Unless something changes."

"Experience can only take you so far without talent, but if they train hard there's no way they should lose. Before we leave, I want to stop by Loguetown once more." Wolf told Kuro.

"Fine, it might be a good idea to see if the marine base there has what we are looking for. Might give us more of a clue as to what devil fruits we have and how to use them."

"How is your training coming?"

Kuro looked at his hand and clenched it. Even for him it was difficult to fully comprehend what Buggy was saying about haki. There were different ways to use it and each one had its perks. For him who relied on his speed and claws, he had to have a way to fight devil fruit users. Luckily there was a form of haki that allowed him to do just that. Except, it seemed impossible for him.

Kuro's first step in mastering this was being able to slice through steel. Nothing he has done yet has made it possible.

"Still working on it."

"Same. If my bullets were able to pierce his skin, then things would have turned out differently."

"It's all in the past now. We need to look towards the future."

As the Phantom Pirates were sailing towards their next destination, they happened to stop another ship. The ship was a little larger than the one Wolf helmed, and the flag had the insignia of a skull with three scar marks over it along with two swords crossing. Wolf thought the design was a bit interesting but didn't really care much otherwise.

He's seen plently of pirate's throughout the years and since he became one himself he has encounter a plethora. It was best to avoid them since he didn't have any greviances with them at the moment.

"Hey!" Buggy shouted from below as he ran up to meet Wolf.

"Yeah?"

"That's him, Red-Head!"

Wolf looked off into the distance at the ship. "Your friend that knows about Haki?"

"Well, I wouldn't call him a friend. But yeah, I know that jolly roger."

"Then let's change direction."

Buggy wasn't sure if that was an entirelly good idea. Wolf's crew wasn't that famous and he was not sure how Shanks would react to their approach.

"Wait, how about I go over first? It'll be better that way, we don't want to start anything."

"Fine, but i'm coming with. We can take those speed boats Desire and Ace like to use."

Both of the two children liked to take the small boats out to race. Although they still fought from time to time, it looked as if they had a better time racing one another than anything else. Not to mention the other crew members enjoyed the fun as well.

Without wasting too much time Wolf notified his senior members of what was going on. That included Arlong, Kuro, and one of the people that joined with Buggy. He was a rough-looking man with a body full of scars that rarely spoke, but he was far more talented than any of the others. Surviving battle after battle and gaining the respect of the others elevated him above the others. His name was Levy.

Below him was Alvida, but Wolf was going to wait to promote her until she became a bit older. His crew wasn't even a hundred strong yet, so there was no need to shuffle the hierarchy as of yet.

Still, in the future, he had to have people that would have others underneath them. Small crews of their own so they would be more organized.

"So, what's he like?" Wolf asked Buggy as the two of them sailed towards the other ship.

3