Chapter 1 :Return
94 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1
Return

I knelt down as the other captured soldiers. The were trying to free themselves or were begging to let them go but there was no way. I stayed quiet and waited.

Then I saw Steven, One of the captains who sent me as a mere soldier to the enemy's army to get information. And now I was back after 3 years of fighting information. This war was way too long.

Steven was looking for me and I didn't want to waste my time so I stood up and walked straight to him. At first, the soldiers wanted to stop me but when they saw Steven smiling they didn't know what to do. He smiled at me and untied my hands.

"How have you been over there, dear Dane?" He said kindly.

"That was quite a good experience and I got lots of information" I said with a expressionless face.

I heard a sound and turned my face back. One of the captains of the enemy's army stood up on his feet.

"SO YOU WAS A TRAITOR! YOU BETRAYED US JUST LIKE THIS?" He shouted. "I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF!"

His hands had somehow been untied. He had a dagger in hand and tried to put it straight into my heart but how could I allow myself to die this easily?

I caught his hands with my both hands. Physically he was mush stronger than me but no one knew that i could use mana and no one knew at that moment I had mana force in my hands.

"Traitor? Betrayer?" I said calmly. "You know the meaning of these words? When someone turns from your side to the other side, you can call them traitor or betrayer. I wasn't at your side at the first place!"

I put more force into my hands and somhow broke his wrists. Everyone was shocked. They didn't expect me to defeat someone 3 times bigger than my physical body. These mere humans! They didn't know my mental body is more than 10 times stronger than his.

"Uh, I knew this would end like this." I said. "I'm so tired. Where's my tent?"

"Guide him to the tent I told you to prepare this morning" Steven said.

I followed the soldier.

"Just because you could survive among them and not be found out you think too highly of yourself that you don't thank captain for his kindness." he said.

We had arrived at the tent by the time he said so. I looked at him emotionlessly. He was trembling.

"I know you've been through so much scholarships." I said. "But for surviving you should know when and how to say something. That small piece of meat in your mouth may rip your neck someday."

I entered the tent without looking twice at him. I was so tired. There was a bed in the tent. I lied down and tried to sleep.

I slept for 10 hours. Enough to stay up 5 days long for me. I got up and changed my armor with my old one. I was a knight of royal guards' special force. My clothes were a pair of black pants with a black shirt along with a golden knight armor and a two golden gloves to avoid fingerprints.

Since the camp's locations changed several times after I left here, I didn't know where the General's tent was. I asked some soldiers and they accept to guide me. The General's tent wasn't that far.

"Are you sure it's OK if you interrupt them?" The soldier aaked politely.

"Since I have important information to share, it should be OK." I said entering the tent.

"Greetings, General." I said with a light bow. "I am ... Oh, the General has changed?"

He looked at me with a curious and questioning look. from the way he looked and the clothes he had worn, I guessed he must be from a high rank. He was about 190 centimeters with red jewel hair and dark green eyes.

"Pardon me for my rudeness." I bowed on my knees and said. "I was away for 3 years to do an important mission so I didn't know about the changes. Now I'm here to report."

He walked to his table, put his sword on it and sat down.

"You may take a seat as well" he said.

"I'm fine" I said.

"Did it sound like a request to you?" He asked calmly.

The look in his eyes was freaking. Not to me buy I couln't say it wasn't. I took a seat right in front of him.

"You may start" he said.

2