Chapter 40
1.3k 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40

By the time I woke up, my body was aching all over. Of course, given that the Gigarillon literally pummeled my consciousness out, it came as no surprise that I would receive some serious injuries because of that. Well, I knew for sure that the Gigarillon wouldn’t kill me. Because based on that monster’s behavior, that thing was intelligent enough to find my existence amusing instead of a threat. Probably, that thing had sense that I am no ordinary monster and that was what piqued its interest. But unfortunately for the Gigarillon, that fight gave some necessary info to at least gauge its power. And based on what I could tell, I was right into thinking that the Gigarillon wasn’t as powerful as the Drake and the Hellhound, which in essence also means that it wasn’t impossible to escape and come up with a countermeasure against it. Though to be honest, that monster was truly bizarre as I expected.

Seriously, I am a reincarnation, so it is only natural that I’m as intelligent as a human. But that Gigarillon is different. In fact, I’m pretty sure that it isn’t even a reincarnation. If that is so… How? Does that mean that there are monsters that are as intelligent as a human in this world?

In truth, monsters like that also existed in some fantasy stories I read in the past. But as far as I knew, that fact only applied to legendary monsters. One of the best examples of that was Dragons. And in fantasy stories, there were even times when Dragons were more intelligent than humans. With that being said, the only monster I had seen so far that closely resembled a Dragon was that Drake from before. Though if I combined that knowledge with what I currently know about this world, that would simply mean that the Drake had only reached that height because of its age. The problem was, even though I could sense that the Drake was indeed intelligent, I actually had a feeling that the Gigarillon was about on the same level or maybe higher than that Drake.

If that is true, then how does the Gigarillon reach that level of intelligence even though it isn’t as powerful as the Drake? Does that mean that the Gigarillon is as old as that Drake? But if so, then how come it still hasn’t reached that level of power?

Of course, being the King and all, there was a high possibility that the reason was because Gigarillon hadn't fought as much. If that was the case, it would explain why the Gigiarillon wasn’t as powerful because it was virtually impossible to improve without having to fight first hand. Unfortunately, based from our first encounter, it was clear to see that the Gigarillon was fighting on the frontline himself. Because of that, it had become even more mysterious why the Gigarillon’s intelligence didn’t match its level of power.

Does it have something to do with evolution? Maybe the Gigarillon had already reached its limits and was just unable to evolve any further? Upon realizing that, I immediately connected it into another important fact. Wait, if that Gigarillon indeed reached his limit before becoming as strong as that Drake, then that would mean that it might also happen to me. And because of this, there is now a possibility that I might reach my limit even before I successfully evolve into a Werewolf… Seriously, this might be bad…

While I was thinking things like that, I suddenly sensed some monster entering the prison-like area. Though upon recognizing the monster in question, my eyes shot wide open. And who could blame me? Up until now, every time those ape type monsters has needed something from us; they would always just send a Banobo or two in order to fetch us out. But now, for some unknown reason, two powerful ape type monsters were standing directly in front of my cell. On top of that, the two monsters weren’t even trying to hide their hostility towards me.

Seriously, what are you guys doing here? I couldn’t help but ask.

As you could probably tell, the two ape type monsters in question were the Tronobo and Pronobo. And based on how the two monsters were looking at me, I could only hope that they didn’t come here in order to fetch me for my execution.

Oh boy, these guys are still clearly pissed… But man, can you guys please at least try to conceal your hostility? You’re really wracking my nerves here…

With a sharp gaze as if they were looking at their arch enemy, the two monsters stared directly in my eyes. But while looking at the two monsters, the only thought that crossed my mind was how uncomfortable my position was. And to be fair, looking up while still bounded and lying sideways on the floor was truly hard.

Guys, please just do what you gotta do. Because honestly, it’s hard staying still in this position. I pleaded with my eyes. But for some reason, the two monsters became even more enraged upon seeing that. Then while still seething in anger, the two monsters hauled me violently as if deliberately trying to hurt my injuries.

Woah, woah. Careful now, I’m still hurting all over after all. I internally complained.

Immediately after that, the two monsters haughtily dragged me away. Though to be honest, given that these two high ranking monsters personally came to fetch me, it was all but certain that they were acting upon the Gigarillon’s orders. That was probably why the two monsters were retraining themselves from killing me, most likely, my guess was right and the Gigarillon really wanted me alive. The problem was, it would now be harder to escape given that the Gigarillon had set its eyes on me. To make matters worse, that didn’t even include the threat posed by both the Tronobo and Pronobo.

As I was worrying about my situation, the two monsters carried me through the upper floors of the giant tree. But probably because of their superior agility, the climbing speed of the Tronobo and Pronobo couldn’t even be compared to other ape type monsters around. Honestly, the Tronobo was actually moving even faster than that time when we were travelling through the jungle. Most likely, the Tronobo at that time had simply slowed down in order to match the speed of his subordinates.

Ha, ha, ha. Seriously?! I thought while looking at the Tronobo.

Naturally, I already had a feeling from the very beginning that the Tronobo at that time was holding back. After all, it wouldn’t make much sense if the speed of a higher race monster would only be at the same level as the inferior ones. And though that might be possible for monsters of different species, it was simply impossible to apply that fact to the ape type monster species. Because clearly, these guys were inherently skilled in maneuvering themselves on and in-between trees. So surely, being that such a skill was basically their species specialty, it would only be natural that the skill would also improve every time an ape type monster evolves. In essence, it was just the same with my fangs-based inherent skills.

Anyway, after observing the actions of the Tronobo and Pronobo, it was all but certain that the Gigarollon was staying at the top of this gigantic tree. But personally, I think that was a little too cliché. Of course, being literally at top, it should only be normal given that he was the King and all. However, was it really necessary to flaunt his title like that and be this grandiose about it? I mean seriously, for an intelligent monster like that, I expected something better. Because to be brutally honest, this was just simply too inefficient. After all, besides the additional effort of going down, whenever he needed to fight, he also had to climb back up after a tiring battle.

Man, I am starting to doubt that monster’s intelligence. I thought with a little chuckle. Though of course, being that I was a wolf and all, it only came out as a silent growl.

It was at that time that we finally reached the top of the tree. Then upon entering a seemingly spacious balcony, I saw a group of ape type monsters gathered in there. Obviously, the Gigarillon was among those monsters; the only difference was that he was sitting near the edge of the Balcony-like area. But upon closer inspection, I immediately recognize the true identity of the ape type monsters standing near the Gigarillon. Though to be perfectly honest, I only managed to recognize them because those very same ape type monsters had piqued my curiosity before. And as for the event in question, well, it was that time when I fought the Gigarillon along with the Savaga and Hackclaw. In short, those ape type monsters surrounding the Gigarillon were actually the Banobo cavalry from before.

Seeing that, I could only come up with a single conclusion. Oi, oi, oi! This isn’t funny at all. Don’t tell me these guys are planning on turning me into their new steed?! I exclaimed internally. Then, as if answering my mental question, I could swear that I saw the Gigarillon immediately smirking upon seeing my face dumbfounded.

Aside from my Patreon, you can also check the advance chapters here:

Link: https://www.webnovel.com/book/the-familia-head-was-reborn-as-a-wolf-in-another-world_18953689106862405

28