whelp there goes the forest
9 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CARL’S POV

The guild is in an uproar, many adventures were given request to go to exterminating the abomination many don’t want to after the adventures that return and tell us how dire it is which make other adventures to dissuade to take part, the guild’s staff is sending up requests and was forced to work together with the knights and the temples.

The knight that was sent was called the order of cinder instead of the order of steel, the order of cinder was know to never been deployed on war no matter what. They are knight order that was created to battle the abomination they hold flamethrowers but it looks compact made with the purpose of one-hand use and has a crow-like mask (the one that plague doctor wear)

The Temple orders the left hand to be precise the index finger to join us, he or she is to be exact a fire magic specialist or a pyromancy to join us. He or she wears a black veil that covers h- no its entire body.

 there are only a hands few people what to do this request because it is considered to be an S rank request meaning that its special and involved with the kingdom which the adventure is kind of iffy about it, because of the guild’s free nature which some time clash with the knight’s strict nature they usually complain about a thing even right now the adventure refuse to lead the knight captain to lead.

“Who are you, to order us around”

“We are knight, and you are but a Lowly adventure to go against mean to go against the king”

“Oh yeah! you think you’re something special with that shiny armor that you parent gives you”

“that’s enough!” the knight captain finally spoke he is a man, a tall man with a burn scared on his left eye (my first thought was he look like Zuko from avatar with the long hair)

“I don’t expect you adventurers like you to follow my order but please cooperate with us to save your fellow adventure”

Wow smooth but was, ruin with that burn scared

“?!” then I felt a shiver down my spine damn this guy is scar

...

As the knight or should I say them the cinder knight began to show us their weapon the first one is called a flame sprayer it a compact one-handed flamethrower but have a medium-range (huh! so it is a flamethrower) and a retractable spear to keep them at bay.

There is a group of mages a group of spear welder in the right hand and flame sprayer in the other hand they look ready but God why do they need to wear their armor isn’t it hot in there I am standing as a volunteer in the adventurer group I with the other five more become the supply carrier

“Hello it’s nice to meet you I am Carl and you’re”

“Beat it kid this is a dangerous quest with a high chance of death”

“But I am an adventure. accepting requests for the good of all, is the thing we do, right?”

“Oh, you’re that kind. Look kid there is no good in adventuring, we just think of profit and so long as there is profit even the most desperate of us would do it. But we adventurer some of us will abandon the request if our life is at risk”

“Oh… but I do know, it just there is more profit for me to participate in this” I smile the happiest smile I could muster.

“Eh? Find then but don’t tell me that I don’t warn you”

it not like there is nothing to me there is Anion if I go and save him, I hope that this will help me get to talk with him but of course, the main reason for that is I want to survive, and he is just my easy ticket to it. (I hate myself)

I may sound like a villain but I truly care for those around me Katy, Kuro, and my dearest little sister Clare all of them are powerfully and all of them are my friends, then there is someone like me who is weak, and all I can do is to resort to this.

we have the document they desperately need. So, this time with the cinder order I could bring them to light and make them be noticed by the king to increase our chances of survival if I am correct, he will send some observers to watch over the kingdom at night and making all the noble’s assassin to be harder to move.

We are walking toward the place that was the hunting ground which is not fun I have to carry a mountain back in my thank God I could use tier-one magic strengthening. The knight is using a horse the flame sprayers is not on, by the way, it would be a safety hazard

There is a group of knights that is already way in front of us because we are the ones carrying the ‘necessity’

we keep on going until we reach our destination.

we see the group is engaged with the so-called abomination (which is a terrible name! mind you)

It was a horrid creature that began to charge at the group in front the fire is everywhere, spear, sword, arm, and leg, it is nonsensical (they took the thing from the movie and makes them into an enemy) as I look at them from afar at the camp we see the knight and the mage started to make the home base the mage began to draw this fire rune thing to create a Barrier that will burn them if they come.

We look again there is a red mist surrounding the entire Forrest site we would then see that some monster started to emerge out of the red mist the temple's left hand, the index finger started to create spears made out of the fire and launch them at the monster burning them completely to ash.

"alright we will go the red mist and destroy the abomination that is creating that red mist, those that wish to come with us raised your hand"

well I am curious about what happened inside so I raise my hand (not the smartest move but hey' fortune favor the bold)

“Here take this it will help you enter the mist”

The knight hands us a plague doctor’s mask and the retractable spere now that I look closely there is writing on them. we wear the plague doctor mask and damn! it hard to see.

As we all wore it, we start to march toward the red mist.

We are greeted by this massive tree-like growth with blood vein-like root that leads to a blob of flesh that is at the center of this flesh forest as we slowly walked toward the place where the survival is, I began to see the tree more clearly at the base of it there is multiple bodies of not just human but other animals a tentacle sprout out of them and start to form the tree.

"We must burn them but the moment we do it multiple of those abominations will know of our location so be ready men"

A Few Minutes Later

“AAAaaaaa! screw off, stop chasing me!!!!” as I running around being cases, as I look where I am going, I spot one of the flame sprayers with that I began to pick it up but it broke (crap!)

pulled the whip in my right hand I start to let my mana flow to the whip, I throw this useless thing at the monster and strike it causing it to combust.

“Aaargh!” its body was burned, and it began to trashes around then it fell and stop moving

“Haaa…ha…ha!” I start to catch my breath

“Raaaaw” Aww you got to be kidding me IT'S STILL ALIVE And it still after me

*swop* I hit it with my flaming whip decapitated it completely, then its chest began to open up

"AAAA" it would then crawl at me, (just die!)

and another tree was burn,

ha…! As I strike another one

*swoosh* *Crack*

Well, this is getting ridiculous as we keep on doing this, we finally met with the other, we found a survivor he doesn’t wear a mask but he is still fine, he will be brought to questioning by the cinder knight then we were given the order to stand clear via the communication mirror (yay! wee! I learn the name) as all of us running away to a safe spot.

*Boom* a sound of explosion can be heard.

“!?” as I and the other turn around but we have not seen anything.

“What was that?” One of the adventures he is a burly man.

“Look!” the scrawny adventure point.

As we turn our sight to where he is pointing, we could not help to be in awe. We see multiple huge fireballs flying to the sky and then they explode they look like a firework but the scattered fire didn’t dissipate it keep on going down. As hellfire rain down from above burning everything that was caught in it.

They burning the entire Forrest. (is global warming exists here)

"whelp there goes the forest"

Spoiler

the abomination or gluttony's beast or gluttony beta by vega
is a by-product of wild animal eating the flesh of gluttony
it is however not just the animal that can become gluttony beta
human, beastman, elf, and dwarf to are susceptible
gluttony can control them in a hive mind like the way
not only that gluttony can keep living on through them but he prefers human as vessel
because of the abnormal state of gluttony right now he can't control them at all
and it seems that they are becoming more of a beast that moves on instinct
however, it still remembers the flesh forest tactic that gluttony use

[collapse]
0