The One-Eyed Jounin
287 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few hours of agonizing pain, team 7 was back in the academy. To be more specific, back in their classroom. The others teams which included most of their friends had already found their jounin teachers and separated from them.

 

Even Iruka had left a few minutes ago.

 

They’ve been waiting for their jounin teacher to show for more than an hour and half by now. Even Ren had begun to feel agitated. This sort of time wasting gave him an inking of who they were waiting for.

 

Finally, Ren began to hear someone’s chakra signature and their footsteps. This chakra signature was one he had sensed before, but rarely. This could only mean it was their jounin instructor as the amount of chakra was quite vast.

 

It didn’t take long for them to open the sliding door and step forward. The first thing he noticed was the gravity-defying silver hair and the mask over his lower face. His face showed that he didn’t really want to be here.

 

Hatake Kakashi.

 

Ren had heard quite a lot about him. A former ANBU member, one who was feared and infamous throughout the entire Elemental Nations. Few shinobis did not recognize his name as the Copy Ninja or Kakashi of the Sharingan.

 

Using his sensor-abilities he could easily see just how much chakra was constantly drained from Kakashi even though it was inactive. Chakra surged through his coils and flickered just like flames when they faced strong winds.

 

The silver-haired ninja stared at the three of them with a lazy eye.

 

“Hmmm, I was expecting some of sort of prank considering the reputation of one of you three. But this works as well I guess.”

 

Kakashi relaxed and walked towards the center of the classroom with hands in his pockets. He did not look like a jounin or even had the aura of one for that matter… That’s what someone like Naruto was thinking – Ren did not share the same opinion.

 

This is scary. The pure amount of refined intent he has in control is higher than anyone I’ve seen that is not The Third Hokage, but he ate the trick all the same.’

 

As Kakashi stopped right on the center, he was too late to notice the floor flaring with kanjis which spread to form a circle.

 

Fuinjutsu - Water Burst Release

 

The circle and the kanjis gained a blueish color which then burst with water, hitting Kakashi who had no hopes of even dodging it. Naruto had aided Ren on this prank by setting ninja wires all around the classroom, once relaxed, now active the moment the seal activated.

 

Meanwhile Sasuke had been tasked with the job of acquiring said ninja wire – which spoiler alert, Naruto did not possess.

 

Devious, I would’ve definitely appreciated such a well-thought trap if not for the fact it was done on me.’

 

The ninja wires had been set extremely low and aided by the sun were practically invisible. On another day, Kakashi would’ve easily noticed them, but this was not his day. His posture had been too relaxed when he considered he was dealing with three rookies – and he paid the price for it.

 

The jounin was covered in water from head to toes. With a simple hand-seal he proceeded to use wind chakra to clean and dry himself. He wouldn’t lie and say that he did not enjoy the groans and grimaced looks he received from his little and cute students… No, he wouldn’t go that far!

 

Kakashi Hatake was not a liar, he might twist the truth often times, but he never lied~

 

“Hmmm, my first impression of you three was that you were good and smart genins. But apparently it was wrong of me to get an impression so quickly, henceforth my second one is that I hate all three of you!”

 

After was looked like eternity to the three, Kakashi did his famous physics-defying eye-smile and spoke.

 

“Meet me on academy’s rooftop inside ten minutes.”

 

With a whirl of leaves his figure was no longer visible. Ren instantly identified this as a use of The Shunshin Jutsu, a very well-known jutsu used by a lot of shinobis.

 

“Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go.” Sasuke rolled his eyes as he stood up and opened the door to the hallway.

 

XxX

 

Kakashi swung his legs around and waited for the arrival of his genins. In his hand was a familiar orange book which he was using to pass time. Judging by the squinted eye it certainly was a very conflict-filled book.

 

Well that was funny. I should’ve expected a fuinjutsu-based trap from that fellow.’

 

He scratched the back of his head with his one free hand and sighed.  ‘I’ll need to find out their chakra affinities so I can work with them on their ninjutsu. The redhead doesn’t seem to need that much help on his taijutsu but he does have some sloppy moves, same for the resident avenger. Naruto’s style is too wild and unpredictable but it’s also easy to fight against.’

 

So ninjutsu for all 3, some taijutsu and a bit of fuinjutsu for the culture.’ Kakashi mused inside his head and stopped when he felt footsteps near the rooftop.

 

They’re finally here. This took a while.’

 

He closed his book and put it one of his many pockets of his jounin vest.

 

“Why’d ya make us walk all of this distance suspicious-sensei?” Naruto grumbled as he walked outside the academy building. Their classroom was located on the first floor while the rooftop was three floors above.

 

That was a lot of stairs and distance they had to cover. Ren just shook his head at the helpless attitude his friend was holding. So capricious.

 

“Ma~ No need to be so upset. I was just testing your ability to react instantly. You could say that you did moderately alright.” Kakashi responded with a happy attitude, not even affected by the weird nickname given to him by Naruto.

 

 

“This better be not a waste of my time.” Sasuke snorted as he sat on what resembled a pair of stairs. He intertwined his hands and used them to support his chin.

 

The long-awaited Uchiha look!’ Ren snickered inwardly.

 

“Hmmm, how about we introduce ourselves.” Kakashi added while pointing a finger to no one in particular as a helpful gesture.

 

“I assume that by that you mean stuff like our dislikes, likes, hobbies and dreams?” Ren stated while also sitting next to Sasuke and Naruto.

 

“Hmmm, that is indeed correct.” Their new teacher lazily responded.

 

“Well then it would only be fair for you to start it off then sensei!” Naruto spoke out cheerfully and the two others nodded.

 

“Well if you say so, who am I to deny your wishes. My name is Kakashi Hatake, as for my likes and dislikes… I’d rather keep them to myself. I have lots of hobbies such as reading and dreams for the future…hmm.”

 

Naruto had a deadpan expression on his face at the antics of their teacher, even Sasuke had a slight scowl and the only one who shrugged it off was Ren.

 

“Name’s Uzumaki-Senju Ren, I like fuinjutsu, to a degree ninjutsu or any other ninja arts, I also like history and dwelling in ancient matter. Hmmm, I guess I dislike waking up extremely early and the time it takes for me to prepare food for myself. As for my dream… Heh I wonder what it is? As for hobbies, it’s experimenting with lots of stuff.”

 

“I’ll be next then!” Naruto grinned as he raised a hand.

 

I’m not going to listen to him ramble about ramen.’

 

Ren snorted and proceeded to ignore whatever conversation was held in the next minute or two, until he heard their ‘avenger’ friend speak up.

 

 

He’s still ranting about wanting to kill his own brother and also revive his clan. Man, I bet that he’ll be forced to marry like 5 women in the future with the way he talks…’ Ren shook his head at the thought of ‘the’ Sasuke Uchiha marrying.

 

He was too icy and stoic to even have a stable relationship with anyone in his honest opinion. But if it ever happened, it would be a sight to behold!

 

“Hm, my thoughts about the three of you is that we are going to have a lovely and enjoyable journey as a team under my leadership.”

 

As if.’ Ren rolled his eyes.

 

“Well… that’s what I would say if it would be that simple. Sadly, it’s much more complicated that how it appears.” The older man swiftly added before Ren could make a remark.

 

Ah I see where he’s getting into. The Survival Training which made his reputation as a shinobi infamously known around Konoha.’

 

“We’re going to hold… a Survival Training you could say. Merely, this time your opponent is me, it’s not like the simple and easy spars you’ve had in the academy before.”

 

“I saw that quite a few of your class failed to graduate, which is pretty sad considering that only 33% of the remaining will actually be considering as full-fledged genins.”

 

“Huh?!” As expected, the only one to freak out was Naruto. Ren had heard of this weird ‘test’ from people before. It wasn’t that hard to get people to talk as long as you got on their good side and considering who he was they were even more comfortable to speak out.

 

“Wouldn’t that mean there’s like a 70% chance we will fail this supposed survival training?!” Naruto pointed out while shaking.

 

Ridiculous, my journey to becoming Hokage has only started AND I’m not going to let it end like this!’

 

“There’s no need to freak out, hahahah!” Kakashi chuckled whole heartedly at the despair shown by the shortest of the trio. “In the first place the exams done beforehand were just to root out the ones who weren’t suitable to become shinobi.”

 

“Meet me tomorrow at the seventh training ground at 7 am.” Kakashi said before leaping down the rooftop.

 

“Oh yeah as a last advice, do not eat anything before you come! Trust me, you won’t like the end result! Hahahah.”

 

5