An interesting situation
210 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"For a bunch of novices, you sure managed to catch me in a bad position.”

 

Zabuza did not seem to care about the fact that Sasuke could kill him immediately if he so wished.

 

Ren’s jutsu clashed with the water dragon, but overwhelmed it in less than a silver of a second. An amalgamation occurred as debris, dust and smoke all engulfed everything which could be seen.

 

This, put together with the thick mist surrounding them caused Sasuke’s eyes to blur for a moment. A moment which would cost him a lot.

 

Zabuza moved his arm and hit Sasuke’s stomach with the end of Kubikiribocho’s handle causing the latter to cough blood violently and retreat several meters.

 

The Uchiha to his credit, did not take too long to recover. His legs enhanced with chakra leaped forward, but alas, a storm of senbon’s caused him to stop.

 

Fuck, I let Tazuna with just Naruto because the second opponent wasn’t doing anything for a while. It seems he didn’t leave, he was just waiting for a perfect moment to obstruct me!’

 

“However, you’re underestimating me a bit too much aren’t you?”

 

“Shut up eyebrow-less dude! The one who’s underestimating someone is not us, but you!”

 

A voice thundered out and Zabuza did not take too long to find the source. Naruto who was descending downwards with a kunai on his hand was the source of it.

 

“Boy, do you really think this is a game?”

 

The Kiri rogue Ninja did not find this amusing, but exasperating. With a single flick of his massive sword, a shockwave of wind was created, strong enough to cause Naruto to fly away.

 

“Huh?”

 

Zabuza squinted his eyes as he heard a strange noise. A moment later and he had located the source; the ground was cracking in the shape of a spiderweb. Zabuza swore he could see a tint of yellow among the many tiny holes.

 

“The fuck?!”

 

This time he was silver of a second too late to react and Naruto’s punch connected to his jaw. This sole punch did enough damage to him to send him flying into the air and be incapable of a proper landing dozens of meters away.

 

“Do not underestimate me!”

 

Silence governed the area for what appeared to be eternity.

 

Ren used this as a chance to free Kakashi from the water orb he had been stuck inside due to a moment of carelessness. It hadn’t been that tough, as a water clone had been holding the barrier alive. His concentration however, never slipped away from his surroundings. There was still that lone opponent who was hiding.

 

Even with his sensory abilities, the person kept moving around at incredible speeds making it altogether much more difficult. If not for the fact his eyes could still keep up, he’d be extremely frustrated.

 

There’s only one way to end this quickly.’

 

His breathing became heavier and colder the longer he concentrated. Chakra condensed around him and was quite visible to one’s naked eye. Red-colored chakra formed a whirlpool with him in the center.

 

The wind danced around it, while dust and debris flickered endlessly at the sheer show of power. ‘I only have enough chakra to try this a few times without breaking the seals to the Kyuubi’s chakra which has ye to be fused with mine.’

 

The red whirlpool spilled its content in several other places on the ground, causing even more whirlpools to form.

 

Normally you’d use your own body as a catalyst for the Adamantine Sealing Chains or their inferior form, the Adamantine Attacking Chains, but I do not have the luxury of wasting that much chakra right now. This takes longer but it’s just effective and probably more accurate!’

 

The whirlpools burst with energy as they formed some sort of space-time connection which allowed several chains to come out of them. The chains looked divine with a yellow light surrounding them, while the chains themselves were a bland gray.

 

Ren threw a subtle look at Kakashi whose eyes had visibly widened in shock at the usage of a fuinjutsu he knew only one person could use.

 

Zabuza, who had just recovered found himself overwhelmed by the barrage of chains which were coming at him at every direction. No matter how much he swung his sword, it all became useless in the end.

 

*clank*

 

The chains first grabbed onto his sword, throwing it aside. Even with his inhumane strength of a shinobi, he found himself cornered by the sheer strength of the chains. Unable to do otherwise, he had to resort to chakra-enhanced fists and kicks to endure.

 

It did not take long for a chain to suddenly gain a sharp tip and stab through his leg. Zabuza’s eyes became as red as blood as veins started to become visible. Five chains shot at separate parts of his body, and he could only block two before they also pierced his body.

 

All four limbs completely-mobilized, the Kiri rogue Ninja had found himself in a predicament he hadn’t experienced in ages.

 

“Those chains were made to keep down beasts of far higher power than yours. I’d suggest you tone your resistance down as it’s just pitiful.”

 

Ren coldly spoke out.

 

Zabuza returned the favor with a cold look of his own.

 

“Zabuza Momochi, I think you and us have miscommunicated somewhere. I believe that is easily fixable.” Kakashi smiled as he neared the scene while carefully keeping his guard on.

 

“I believe the best turn of action right now would be for you to call off that one helper of yours and tell him to appear in front of us. Lest, my disciple might accidentally chop your head off.”

 

The Demon of the Mist just continued to stare at the group who were now together once again. Just for good measure, Tazuna stuck close to Ren, apparently, he found the later even more secure than Kakashi due to the display earlier on.

 

“Haku, come out.”

 

Ultimately Zabuza sighed and removed any sort of killing intent he might’ve been releasing on the outside. The next moments seemed to have lasted for eternity and due to his sensory abilities, Ren could see this ‘Haku’ fellow struggle to decide whether to follow his superior’s orders or not. Ultimately it seems it decided to do so.

 

Haku seemed to be around their age, maybe a few years older. His attire consisted of a mask which probably was made by Kiri and some sort of green dress Ren did not recognize. His feminine appearance did not make think for one bit that this man was not a killing machine.

 

The senbons all over his body spoke something different altogether from his appearance. His chakra levels alone would put him at near jounin level. Ren would’ve been even more wary of this youth than Zabuza if not for the fact Zabuza was far more experienced and had one of Kiri’s most treasured swords with him.

 

“I see that your little acquaintance is quite armed. From foot to head he probably has hundreds of senbons all over his body, all set up so they don’t mess up his movement.” Ren was actually impressed.

 

The younger Kiri Ninja remained silent, but the same could not be said for Zabuza, who chuckled at Ren's words.

 

"A compliment from a monster like you is worth a thousand compliments from trashes. Kid, how the fuck did you manage to learn such a terrifying technique? These chains are holding me back despite me trying my best to break them.”

 

Of course, you won’t have any success dummy, the more you struggle the tougher it’ll be for you to achieve that. These chains were created to hold back Tailed Beasts, not jounins like you, but they still do their job extremely well.”

 

Ren had taken weeks to even understand the concept behind this technique. With a teacher, it would’ve been much easier, but h didn’t even have something to rely on, not a slimmer of an understanding of how it worked in the beginning.

 

How could chains be fuinjutsu after all?

 

Granted, they also qualified as ninjutsu somehow.

 

“Well since we’ve gotten this out of our way, how about we discuss what shall be done next. I’m sure dying wouldn’t be a pleasant thing to happen to you right now Zabuza.” Kakashi spoke out while putting his headband down once again, covering his sharingan.

 

“Speak for yourself. This is not the first time I’ve had to face death, son of the White Fang.”

 

That name piqued Ren’s interests. Not many thought of Kakashi as just Sakumo’s father, as the son had already encompassed his name all around the Elemental Nations.

 

He casted a meaningful look at Kakashi and outright tightened the chains. Blood was splattered around the ground, but the man himself did not even as little as wince at it. His companion stiffened and it was obvious that he barely contained himself from outright attacked them.

 

“If you plan on torturing me, I’d advice otherwise. Kids like you won’t ever able to get something out of my mouth, not even with the Copy Ninja helping you.”

 

“Not if I have a say in it. Zabuza Momochi I think I have an offer I can propose to you.” Kakashi gave him an eye-smile.

 

5