Chapter 1
357 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     A young girl named Adna Loy grew up like a princess showered with love and care from the old maid aunts and uncles of her father.  Adna’s father, Gio, was just an ordinary man but had a strong appeal to young women. One of them was the mother of Adna, who came from a well-to-do family, but unfortunately,  her parents died early.  Adna’s mother moved to a distant place where her older brother lived; and so she met the love of her life, Adna’s father.

     Liza was just 15 years old while Gio was 19 years old.  Their love bloomed at young age,and  Liza and Gio became parents to Adna.  When Gio’s mother knew about the relationship, she strongly opposed.  LIza and Gio lived together briefly.  Few months after giving birth, Liza left.  The aunts and uncles of Gio were so amazed with Adna and they took care of her.  They treated her like a princess.  Gio’s aunt, Mom Rona provided all the needs of Adna.  Her husband, Papa Mar had a nice job and was very kind to other people.  Many visitors from other places came to their house specially during special occasions.  Mom Rona and Papa Mar treated Adna as their very own child.  They had two children but they died when they were infants.  Their depression and loneliness were replaced with  joy when Adna came to their lives.  Aunt Feliz. Aunt Felip, and Uncle Mike were all looking after Adna.  They spent most of their time with her because they also  had no child of their own.  Most of the time, they kept Adna within their sight forr fear that bad people can go near the young child.

     Aunt Felip always prepare delicious food for Adna.  She also sew nice dresses for her.  Mom Rona, Papa Mar, Uncle Mike, Aunt Feliz, Aunt Felip and Adna went out together to pray at the chapel nearby.  After praying, many people came to Adna’s house to share the food prepared for them.  Most visitors noticed Adna’s kindness.  Her life was full of joy and love.

     When Adna started her studies, a servant waited for her outside to bring her home safe and sound.  The servant was considered like a family member and they eat at the same time with her at the same table.  Inside the classroom, Adna observed her classmates and then she gave money or food to anyone who needed it.  Adna said “‘Come, this food is tasty, I am giving this  to you’’.  When she runs out of food and sees another classmate who has nothing to eat,  she calls that classmate saying, ‘’Buy something at the canteen for yourself’’ and hands in the money to  him.  These classmates just say, ‘’Thank you Adna, you are so kind’’.

     Mom Rona had a small store at home.  Adna would stay there and when an old man came to  buy bread, Adna approached him and gave the old man extra money far more than what he paid for.  Adna said  to him , ‘’Accept this and buy something  for yourself’’.  The old man answered, ‘’God Bless you, Adna’’.

     Adna was never allowed to  go out of the house by herself.  She only met people when  they came to their house  who buy something or people who ask for help from Mom Rona and Papa Mar.  One time, a company owner visited Adna’s house.  A good friend of Papa Mar.  Adna was called by Papa Mar, saying ‘’Come here Adna, you can join the conversation’’.  One time, Papa Mar said these words to Adna, ‘’Remember this Adna, you should not be ashamed to face anyone, even if he is a King.  Few years from now, you will be much better than them.  You must be good always, and if you commit mistakes, bow your head down and admit your mistakes.’’

     Adna realized how much her Papa Mar and Mom Rona loved her.  She knew, she would get what she wants. One day, Uncle Nick, younger brother of Gio arrived with Mom Rona,  because they ordered a quadrosonic stereo.  Upon hearing them, Adna insisted to buy a television set instead of a stereo.  Uncle Nick explained to Adna how nice a quadrosonic stereo is.  To their surprise, Adna replied, ‘’I want a television set and if you don’t give it to me, I will jump off the bridge’’.  Mom Rona took it seriously and just an hour later, a big television set was delivered..

     

     Mom Rona went to the nearby town to buy tobaccos and Adna was with her.  A beautiful pair of sandals caught Adna’s attention, so she never stopped telling her Mom Rona how much she liked it.  Before they went home, her Mom Rona bought the pair of sandals.  Adna took the sandals and wore it.  While waiting for a vehicle home, Adna did not notice that her foot was run by the tire of a motorcycle.  Adna told herself, ‘’I have a new pair of sandals, no pain, no pain’’.  She never told her Mom Rona on what happened and she was so happy that when they reached home she showed her newly bought pair of sandals.

      Adna was told by her Mom Rona, ‘’I am going to buy tobaccos,  you just stay at home’’.  Adna, feeling bad about it, was thinking of what to do.  When Mom Rona came home, she saw her stocks of tobacco scattered at her doorstep.  Adna was never scolded by her Mom Rona. When Papa Mar goes walking on the bridge to exercise, he asked Adna to accompany him.  They walked together and from time to time they stopped upon meeting some friends  along the way.  Adna told Papa Mar, ‘’Papa, will you buy a pair of rubber shoes for me?’’.  Papa Mar listened to her and bought her a new pair of rubber shoes.

     On the other hand, Uncle MIke would always call Adna everytime he harvested  ripe jackfruits and mangoes.  One time, Adna was with  Uncle Mike for a swim and went to a nearby beach.  Adna almost drowned and luckily Uncle Mike was just standing near her.  She pulled the short pants of Uncle Mike and hold onto it while catching her breath.  When Uncle Mike knew what had happened to her, he was so afraid because Mom Rona, Papa Mar, Aunt Feliz and Aunt Felip would surely be furious at him.

     Aunt Felip, who is a good dressmaker, always give Adna beautiful dresses.  She would also give Adna some candies everytime she comes home.  One time, Adna asked her the candies, but she showed Adna her empty hands.  Adna showed her sad face, then Aunt Felip then pointed her finger at the window where she placed the candies for Adna.  She made sure that on Adna’s birthday , she always buys her a birthday cake.

     Just for leisure, Papa Mar goes out to witness a cockfight at the coliseum.  Adna excitedly waits for him because if he brings the largest bread for Adna, it means that Papa Mar has won.  Whenever there is heavy rain, Adna worries about Papa Mar because he has to pass a flooded pathway.  Adna was already familiar with the place.  She would wear her boots, then bring the boots of Papa Mar.  She waited for him until he arrives from work.  Adna was never allowed to go out of the house by herself.  When Papa Mar arrived and he saw Adna bringing his boots, he had his widest smile, instead of getting mad at her.  The concern of a young girl for him was overwhelming and touched his heart.  He knows Adna grows up with  a good heart.  She has a beautiful soul within which radiates to other people.  ‘’What a beautiful life to have such a wonderful child of mine’’,  Papa Mar talking to himself.

1