Chapter 12
274 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12

It was in 1996 when Uncle MIke had a serious attack.  He was brought to the hospital by Al and his friend.  Adna was at work when it happened and when she knew about it, Adna went right away to the hospital where Uncle Mike was revived at the emergency room of the private hospital.  The doctor prescribed medicines but were not available at the pharmacy of the hospital, so Adna had to look for the medicines and bought from the pharmacy outside of the hospital.  After she had bought all the medicines prescribed, Adna hurriedly went back to the hospital.  When she reached the hospital she was told by the doctor that Uncle Mike already expired

Adna was hysteric and told the doctor, “I brought all the medicines needed and what’s the use of all these medicines?”  Adna then slam all the medicines breaking the bottle containing one of the medicines she bought.  The doctor understood how painful it was for Adna.  She just reminisce the good times she had with Uncle Mike. Everytime she was called by Uncle Mike to eat his newly harvested jackfruits and ripe mangoes.  When she was almost drowned and was able to hold Uncle Mike’s short pants.  Lex also told her mom when together with Azia they made fun with their grand Uncle Mike by hiding his pair of slippers.  Aunt Felip would then ask them to return the pair of slippers because Uncle Mike could hardly find his pair of slippers as it it thrown by the two kids on top of the lower roof of the house.  Uncle Mike just smiled when he knew Lex and Azia became naughty.  

Al and Adna shouldered all the expenses.  Mom Rona’s age when she was gone was 76 years old, Aunt  Feliz was 79 years old, Papa Mar was  83 years old, Uncle Mike died at the age of 80 years old.  To Adna’s mind, “I only have one left, please God allow Aunt Felip to spend the longest time with my family”.  Later, Adna brought Aunt Felip to the mall and bought her nice dresses.  Aunt Felip also enjoyed  to experience some enjoyable ride at the amusement park.  She was provided with milk and vitamins to make her more healthy as she was two years older than Uncle Mike.  The kids missed Uncle Mike so much, specially Lex who was fully aware of what was happening.  A  month later, Azia and Lex went back to their school as the school year started. Azia was with Lex every recess time.  They enjoyed sharing the foods they bought from the school canteen.  From home, Adna prepared foods for  Lex and Azia and gave them money, too so that they could buy what they like from the canteen.  Lex is a very responsible sister to Azia.  She would never forget the time when she did not see her mom and dad, she asked cooked rice from one of her mom’s worker who lived near their house.  In school, Lex would always go to Azia’s classroom to check if her younger sister needs anything and to show to Azia’s classmates that she was around to protect Azia.

When Uncle Mike died, the lawyer of Adna’s properties who prepared the document when Papa Mar, Mom Rona, Aunt Feliz, Uncle Mike were still alive and including Aunt Felip told Adna to prepare big amount of money to transfer the documents to Adna’s name.  Another option was to sell a little part of the property to cover the expense.  Adna chose the second option with the knowledge of Aunt Felip and Al.  The lawyer’s secretary herself provided the buyer of the property.  Adna, who trusted the lawyer because he was the one who defended Mom Rona.  Without asking advice from Uncle Rom who was also a lawyer,

Adna signed the document, believing that the proceeds would cover the expense for transferring the name of the  properties to Adna’s name and the name of the distant relative whose name was added to make the donation of the properties to Adna valid.  Adna was young when she received the properties and the distant relative is male and older than Adna, Papa Mar thought the distant relative would protect Adna and not take away from her the properties intended only for her and then be passed on to Adna’s children.

Few months after Adna signed the documents prepared by the lawyer, all the properties and  not part, was transferred to the new owner.  Adna was ordered to demolish the house. This house had the great sentimental value for Adna. The house where Papa Mar and Mom Rona lived, Aunt Feliz, Aunt Felip, Uncle Mike  lived with them too. Adna,  Al and the children lived in that same house too.  Adna then realized that the distant relative added to the document is a first degree cousin of the lawyer’s wife.  The properties were of high value when sold, their agenda is to make money by selling the properties.  They knew that Adna would never sell the properties, so they made her believe that it was only to transfer to her name and only little part would be taken to shoulder the cost of the transfer.

Adna informed Uncle Rom about her situation. After he read the document which Adna signed, it was an Absolute Deed of Sale.  It would mean that Adna had absolutely conveyed all her rights to the new owner.  The amount of the sale was small.  Prior  to that there was a Deed of Sale with Installment, a  much bigger amount was given and Aunt Felip and Al were with Adna.  The Deed of Absolute which stipulates the smaller amount than the first document.  The Deed of Sale with Installment really had partial payment, but the Deed of Absolute Sale had no single cent being  paid.  The first document was hidden, Adna could not secure any copy.  Uncle Rom suffered parkinson’s  disease during that time

and he was already weak.  He embraced Adna with his shaking hands and whole body and told Adna, “if I am not sick, I would give you a house” then his tears started rolling on his face.  Adna kissed him and said, “ don’t worry Uncle Rom, I am alright, thank you and I Love You”.

0