Chapter 14
276 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adna bought two large fried chicken.  Aunt Felip enjoyed dinner with Al the second who was always beside her.  Most of the time Aunt Felip took Al the second to sleep beside her.  Lex and Azia loved to eat fried chicken, one of their favorite foods.  Al the second used to call her mom at the office many times.  Even when he was not yet studying he already knew how to dial the telephone number of Adna’s office.  He memorized the numbers he would dial.  Adna’s officemate who used to answer calls was aware that Adna’s child just missed her.  One time, Al the second called her mom’s office.  The officemate of Adna just answered, “your mom is busy, she can’t answer your call.”  It was only the idea of Adna’s officemate because Adna would always find time to answer the calls of her son Al the second. When Adna arrived home from work, Al the second told his mom that Aunt Felip had diarrhea.  Adna asked the young boy,” why you did not call me at the office?”  He answered, “ I called but someone from your office had hang up the phone after saying your mom is busy.”  Adna said to Al the second, “I did not know, if I was busy then I should have returned call.”Adna asked Al to buy medicines but the nanny said that Aunt Felip took already medicines for diarrhea.  The risk of diarrhea is being dehydrated and the potassium would drop too, Adna told the nanny.  When Aunt Felip went to the comfort room, Adna saw her fall into the floor almost unconscious.  Adna rushed to Aunt Felip and carried her like a baby.  She brought Aunt Felip outside the house and  still being carried by Adna alone as Al was taking an ambulance.  When the rescue team arrived Adna was still carrying Aunt Felip like a baby.  Adna gave Aunt Felip to the rescuers for first aid because it would take an hour to reach the hospital in the next city.  Adna realized how painful she felt with her hands and shoulders, of course Aunt Felip was heavy and she kept carrying her until the rescue team arrived in Adna’s house.  Adna could not believe she could do that, the so called adrenalin rush.  When they reach in the emergency room, Adna was asked by the admitting nurse who would be the doctor for Aunt Felip.  Al was the one who answered, “Dr. ken”, the family doctor of Al’s older sister.  The hospital asked for  a big amount for the deposit before the patient is confined.  If they would charge it to the company where his sister had the highest position, all the bills incurred during confinement can be paid a month after the patient checked out from the hospital.  What Al would do is to go to the branch office and asked for a letter of authority signed by the branch manager.  No need for deposit if there would be a letter of authority.  Al with Adna called her older sister and told her about the letter of authority.  The older sister of Al instructed them to get the letter of authority from her secretary in the company branch near Adna and Al’s place.  Aunt Felip was admitted for several days and Adna and Al were all the time at the side of Aunt Felip.  At night Al would go home to be with Lex, Azia and Al the second.  After sending the kids to school, Al would go straight to Adna who never leave Aunt Felip in the hospital.  Adna called the priest asking him to pray for Aunt Felip’s fast recovery.  Adna told the priest,  “please pray that Aunt Felip would not die, it is almost Christmas and I don’t want my children Lex, Azia, and Al the second to experience a sad Christmas.   Aunt Felip is all I’ve got, I can provide all her needs.”  The priest answered briefly, “pray to God and I am praying for her.”  Adna was crying when she called the priest, who was her spiritual director.  

In the hospital, everything was provided, the letter of authority was open, no limit for the medicines needed.  Unlike during the time of Uncle Mike wherein Adna had to buy the medicines outside of the hospital.  A big waste of time and effort.  Aunt Felip started to gain strength, “in two days you may go home and continue her medication there “the doctor telling Al and Adna.  Then Adna thanked the doctor for doing his best to save Aunt Felip.  She also thanked the nurses who were administering all medicines for Aunt Felip.

At home the bed was prepared for Aunt Felip.  Near the window where she could breathe fresh air as she would be bedridden as expected.   Adna seemed had given birth to a new baby because all the food she bought for Aunt Felip were baby’s food.  It would be easy to digest, good for Aunt Felip.  Yes the baby’s foods were quite expensive, but Adna was joyful in providing the needs of her much loved Aunt.  Lex, Azia, and specially Al the second missed Aunt Felip so much and now she is coming home.  The three kids were so happy.  They could see and embrace Aunt Felip again.  Lex said, “I can get coins from the pocket of Aunt Felip’s dress again.”  She used to do that specially when Aunt Felip is asleep, but she never scolded Lex.  When Al, Adna,and Aunt Felip arrived home late in the afternoon, all the kids were at the door ready to hold Aunt Felip and guide her to the new place of her bed.  They were so joyful their family is now complete.  Adna said in front of the kids, “Thank You God”.  Lex helped in taking care of Aunt Felip. Lex have so much compassion in her heart.  Azia played all the time with her younger brother.  Adna told Lex, Azia, and Al the second, “prepare your letter for Santa Claus, it is almost Christmas.”  Azia answered,  “hahaha, Santa is mom”.  Lex said,  “ we will just have exchange of gifts.”  Adna replied, okay, that’s good”.  Al took the Christmas decorations to feel the spirit of Christmas.  “ Thank you God for your blessing.   Thank you for the most precious Christmas gift to me and my family...the gift unwrapped-Aunt Felip”, Adna whispering a little prayer to God.

0