Chapter 23
261 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Christ has Died, Christ is Risen, Christ Will Come Again.  The Passion, Death and Resurrection of our Dear Lord Jesus Christ, the only Begotten Son of God the Father had thoroughly passed the Will of His Father.  When Jesus came to this world, it was just a short live.  He died at the age of 33, too young to die.  Jesus knew every suffering of this world.  He encountered every evil persecutions to the point where he was scourged at the pillar, crowned with thorns, carried his cross to Mt. Calvary, nailed on that very cross he carried.  His mother was beneath His cross who witnessed every suffering and pain of her son, her only son.  She never walked away and never left until Jesus was taken down from the cross after he died and she kept the body of her son lying on her cradled like a baby, known as the PIETA.  When Jesus cried out, ‘’Father why have you abandoned me?’’  and before He breathe his last He said, ‘’Into thy hand I commend my Spirit.’’  Then there was total darkness which shakened the soldiers who were with Jesus to prove that God was watching over His only begotten Son whom He claimed when Jesus asked John the Baptist  to baptize HIm, “”This is my beloved Son to whom I am well pleased.’’  After three days, Jesus Is Risen.  Many of his disciples had witnessed that He is Alive.  Even one of His Disciples Thomas who did not see Jesus when He appeared to other disciples, said that he would not believe until he could personally touch and see the wounds of Jesus hands when nailed and the wound on his side when pierced.  Then Jesus told Thomas, ‘’Peace Be With You, Blessed are those who do not see yet believed.’’  He asked Thomas to go near Him and touch His side and showed His hands where wounds can be seen by Thomas.  Easter Sunday, just like Christmas.  Jesus victoriously defeated death.  The greatest gift from Him is PEACE.  “”Peace I leave you, my  peace I give you’’.

Azia who is so clingy to her mom Adna, had conversation with her mother while pulling the gray hair of Adna.  Al the second is so good in pulling gray hairs of Adna, but when Azia would cling to her mom, she would also pull the gray hair while having conversation with her mom.  Azia just asked, ‘’mom, what if  all the people would just have one God.’’  Adna replied, ‘’we only have one and the same God, but different groups or religion.’’  Adna continued, ‘’do you mean all of us just have one belief or one universal religion/’’  Azia answered, ‘’all would be united as one.’’  Adna explained to Azia, ‘’that would not happen, we would have differences but there must be something in common where it make us one just like the different languages spoken by the different countries, there would be a language barrier if there is no universal language being used to make each one understand.  What is needed is just to learn, adjust and adapt what each one has used too since they were young.  The most important is not force anyone to change and respect is what is called for.  Just like customs and traditions, it had been passed on from generation to generation which cannot be put aside by the younger ones cause it had been a practice for the longest time from their ancestors.  What is needed is to study, learn, adjust, and possibly adapt the practices of others, but the most  important of all is RESPECT.’’  Azia being good in analyzing had no further questions to her mom.  She continued to pull the gray hair of Adna.

December 8 last year was the Feast of Immaculate Conception in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus.  A week before that date, Adna had a chance to talk with the head Legal of the government in their city.  They usually met at the church every morning.  The lawyer sits at the back of where Adna was sitting.  Adna had the chance to talk with him and she told the lawyer, that she had been a missionary for almost twenty years.   Adna told him that being a missionary is not easy as it is full of trials and difficulties.  Adna told the lawyer, ‘’I had been doing services to the indigents for almost twenty years.  My life is full of difficulties and even my family had experienced the same difficulties.  I want to end my mission but I still lack something I had never done in my many years in  mission.  I had worked many times with doctors and had even go to the highlands with them to give medical services for free, but I have not worked with lawyers to help those who have legal problems without payment.’  The lawyer asked Adna, ‘’when do you want to give legal aid and where would be the venue/?’’  Adna asked the lawyer, ‘’can you help me provide with lawyers, time is too short it will be next week December 8?’’  The lawyer assured Adna that he could provide lawyers and no problem with the short preparation as it would be a week preparation only.  Adna told the lawyer that she would ask permission from the head priest that the function room of the church would be the venue.   If the function room would not be available then two other possible venues are already in the mind of Adna.  She then went straight to the head priest and when the head priest saw Adna,  he  listened to Adna.  He told Adna that December 8 must be moved to another date most possible date is end of December to give ample time to prepare as he wanted that many organizations would be involved.  Adna insisted, it must be on December 8 as a big celebration for  the Feast of the Immaculate Conception is a  significant and most important day.  Adna told the lawyer about the reaction of the head priest, so she told the lawyer,  ‘’even if we can only help one person on that day, one good deed is enough for me.’’  The lawyer answered, ‘’okay, the legal aid will be on December 8.’’

Adna with the help of Azia, Lex, Al and Al the second had a permanent schedule of a day before Christmas Eve, they distribute rice and prepared foods set on a long table for old indigents.  Clothes wrapped with Christmas wrapper also would be distributed.  Adna to her mind, would no longer distribute rice and no longer prepare food on December 23, she decided to do all those things on December 8.  She also get in touched with doctors who could also join her on that day having a free medical clinic, side by side with the legal clinic.  On that day, there would be rice distribution, clothes distribution, lawyers and doctors to give their free services.  Adna realized this would not be possible on her own, on that very day there would be no money to be spent.   Usually money comes on the 15th of the month.  Adna strongly believed that if this is the Will of God then everything is possible.  Azia who just resigned from her job, spent all her time with Adna, gathering clothes, medicines, and other things needed for setting the table as if in an expensive restaurant so that indigents could experience what they did not experience in going to restaurants where foods served there for sure they could not afford.  Azia ordered balloons with three different colors, white, light blue and light pink.  They also bought tablecloth with white color then covered with light blue silk cloth for the two long tables, and then for foods the table was covered with white color with a pink silk cloth on top for the third long table.  The food setting was a buffet style.  All the chairs were decorated with balloons.  They started the celebration with the Holy Mass, there were already lawyers who attended, nuns and a retired judge with his wife.  After the Holy Mass, they went to the function room and had breakfast.  So many people came in including two of Adna’s classmates who just came home right in time for the activity.  They came from other countries.  Adna then noticed many cars were coming and then many lawyers had come. Most of them were female lawyers.  They became Azia and Lex friends and encourage them both to become like them.  They never run out of food, everybody’s food,  for the doctors, lawyers and even for the indigents.  Adna had no sleep all night in preparing the foods.  More than a hundred people were served, despite the influx of people Adna was still in good condition.

0