Chapter 25
262 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday, Adna together with Al met her classmate in highschool.  Her classmate is now a doctor and she was one of those medical practitioners who helped Adna during the legal clinic and medical clinic last December 8.  During their high school days, Adna admired this classmate because she is so humble though very well known to every classmate that she came from a rich family.  She is intelligent whom Adna believed she would be  the top student in their class until they graduate, but it was another student who was first and she was only the second.  Adna would always tell her, ‘’because you are not talkative, that is why you are only second.’’  The other classmate was very talkative and always get close with the teachers in all their subjects.  She just  answered  Adna,  ‘’it is because we are friends’’.  Adna would tell her, ‘’no, it is not because we are friends, but you really deserve to be the first in class, you are more intelligent than her.’’  Every class reunion, she always attend, even if it is held in another country, she never missed a single reunion.  Adna does not like to spend time during reunions, it would finish very late at night, and besides there is no bonding with the whole classmates but only to those in a group using  the same table. More or less ten persons in one table and those sitting side by side could have the chance to talk and discuss how things had been going?  For those sitting far, there is no chance to have conversation but just to smile and wave hand.  For the friend of Adna, she would send text message asking Adna to come and if the reunion is held in the next city, she would meet Adna at the church  and she would drive Adna going there.  The host classmate announced that on the next day there is already a reserved beach party in another city.  Adna told her friend, ‘’I would attend if I could bring with me my whole family.’’  When their class reunion officer knew, she told Adna, ‘’Yes, you can bring your family, we would like to meet your children and those who would like to bring their family too is allowed, so that our children would come to know each other and definitely would become friends too.’’  Most of the classmates of Adna went with their husbands and children.

The classmate of Adna had discussed through telephone about her problem with her husband.  Her husband worked overseas and had a mistress.  She could not accept it, it is too painful for her.  She filed in court a legal separation.  Adna told her to think of the effect to the children and she has to save her marriage.  Adna told her to seek counselling from priests on how to save their marriage for the sake of their  children.  She told Adna that she did everything already.    Adna understood the situation of her classmate, so she then told her, ‘’go back to your lawyer and ask remedy that you could put him in prison.’’  She then went to her lawyer and what happened, the husband returned home bringing his newly bought car.  He even joined the beach party and Adna met him but he just stayed away from the group.  He was afraid to be imprisoned.  The family has become complete again.  He left his mistress and changed and became faithful to Adna’s friend.  The friend of Adna had travelled to many countries.  Adna told her, ‘’you have been good, so God gives you the reward of seeing different places.’’  She just smiled.  Everytime Adna has something to do serving the poor, she always join.  Yesterday, she told Adna that she has felt she is getting old.  She felt back pains, numbness and she asked Adna to pray for her.  Adna just told her, ‘’just stay happy, and think of an inspiration who would be the reason why you keep going’.’’  She nodded and somewhat relieved with all the stresses  she experienced in  her work as a doctor.  Friendship really last a lifetime, Adna and her friend had been friends  through thick and thin.  They are not related by blood but for sure they have the same color of the heart and the same language of the heart as well.  Some classmates of Adna also have their groups but they could not convince Adna to join them, specially staying late at night and sometimes they drink wine.  When they were young they used to go to afternoon disco, but since the nuns were very strict, they still had good academic performances.  The population in school was lesser compared to other schools and for whole day in school the gates were closed, no one was allowed to go out the entire day of classes.  One of the mentors of Adna why she always keep good moral values,  aside from the upbringing of Mom Rona, Papa Mar, Aunts and Uncles was because also of the training of  the nuns  to their students.  It was an exclusive school for girls even up to the time of Lex and Azia.  It was only during the time of Al the second when it became a co-ed, meaning boys were already accepted in high school.  The boys were also the graduates in the elementary in the same school because boys with older sister were accepted in the elementary.  Adna was also able to use the school on her first free medical clinic where there were more than a thousand patients.  The second time, Adna still used the school but could no longer use the dental clinic of the school as it was destroyed by the fire.  Lex and Azia where studying in high school during that time when the school was razed by fire.  The school was just a semi concrete during the time of Adna , her children Lex and Azia and during the time of Al the second, it became a concrete building already.  

The family of Adna are so busy as this coming Saturday, the chapel near the place of Adna would have a feast and the head priest together with other priest would come and celebrate the Holy Mass. Since the time of Mom Rona and Papa Mar and up to this time, Adna still is the one who  prepare for their foods.  Adna told Lex,  ‘’we are too busy but remember that on May 1 is Aunt Felip’s birthday.  Lex just smiled because she would be the one to buy the birthday cake of Aunt Felip.  It will be the 105th birthday of Aunt Felip.  Somewhere up there she would be watching  and  despite the number of years, Adna, Al, Lex, Azia, and Al the second never forget her.

0