Chapter 27
261 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Adna arrived home from the church, a friend arrived.  Both Adna and her friend just stayed at the garden as it is not too hot yet.   Adna came early because she really went out of the church right away after she assisted the old nun to go to their van which was parked at the church ground.  Looking back of the memories were discussed by Adna and her visitor. Since she is five years older than Adna, she was already familiar with Mom Rona and Papa Mar.  Adna told her that Mom Rona had been gone for over  thirty years but still her memories are still so recent.  She told her friend that Mom Rona in the hospital told Adna, ‘’we will go home on Monday. ‘’  Adna excitedly replied, ‘’Mom, I will buy you a wheelchair and I will be the one to assist you when you go outside the house.’’  Sunday, when there was a biggest festivity where almost all contingents participate on a parade as they would be dancing on the streets wearing different costumes, prevented the vehicles to pass by the area along the hospital.  Adna was asked to buy medicines for  Mom  Rona in a distant hospital and she needed to walk so far.   When Adna went back she was still walking bringing the medicines.  When Adna arrived, the room of Mom Rona’s hospital were full of doctors, they were trying to revive Mom Rona.  Adna could not understand the situation.  She was expecting Mom Rona to go home the next day with a very good condition.  She did not expect something else meant to what she said that they would go home on Monday.  The friend of Adna listened closely to Adma telling about what happened to her mom as if  it happened only yesterday.

Adna also told her that it is normal to experience difficulties in life because no one is exempted to carry burdens in life.  Adna knew it is too hard for her friend to handle having a teenager daughter with mental illness.  She also does not know how to pray, but she is a genuine person.  Adna told her to just don’t think about the illness of her daughter, but to give her support to treat her as a normal daughter, bring her to the mall and  give her all the love and support she needs.  Adna just inspired her because it is clear to Adna that she is almost giving up.  She even asked Adna, ‘’why good people die early and bad people live long life?’’  Adna told her, ‘’if you can see weeds surrounding vegetables, for sure you would pick up the vegetable which you can use and not  the weeds because it  is  not useful.  It is just like God, he picks up the good person because he is useful, not  the bad people who are not useful’’.  Adna’s friend understood what Adna would like to explain to her in a simple way.  Adna’s friend was a former neighbor of the three candle vendors whom Adna and Al helped for many years already.  She could not believe that Adna would spend time with those kind of persons.  Adna told her, ordinary people and professionals are all alike, they are human beings and must be treated with respect and sincerity.  Adna told her that two of them died during her birthday.  The same thing happened also just like Mom Rona wherein Adna brought her medicines and she died already.  The candle vendor also, asked for porridge from her sister as she could no longer wait for Adna as someone had already pick her up.  She even told her sister, ‘’tell Adna I could no longer wait for her as I am already going’’.  Another experience also of Adna was also bringing medicines for Uncle Mike, but it was no longer used because he died already.  Adna told her, ‘’there are situations that is really out of your control, but you will understand later the reason why?’’  Adna continued, ‘’just do things you want to do while you can still walk, see and hear, never waste the time which you still hold’.’’ Adna also shared to her about Azia’s classmate who really could not forgive her father because they were abandoned for the longest time.  When Adna told her, ‘’this is for your own benefit to make you a whole person, you have to do it while there is still  time because you would not know if your father’s life is short.’’   Few months later, her father died, but he was already forgiven by his daughter.  There are things that you do not understand, there are times when you want things to happen but it is not realized.  You feel dismayed, and sometimes you fear to expect things which is not certain to happen.  Sometimes, good things happen unexpectedly.  You are caught in a surprise.  As they would say just go with the flow.  Keep on praying and have intimate relationship with God.  Just do good things to other people and the good deeds will become a blessing to someone you love especially your children.  Adna’s friend after discussing things started to show her smile.  She promised Adna that she would attend the Holy Mass.  Adna told her,  ‘’if you did not commit abortion, then you have nothing to fear.  Abortion is the greatest sin because you kill a defenseless child.  You also hinder the mission of that child in this life.’’  She answered,  ‘’I never committed such an offense of aborting a child in my womb.’’  Adna told her, then you have nothing to fear, God will always answer your prayer.’’  Adna added, ‘’another sin is when a good person just cross his arms and do nothing.’’  Faith without action is dead, one good deed each day is praising God.    

Adna then asked Azia to buy food for her friend.  Azia had met the mentally ill daughter of her mom’s friend.  As a nurse, she knew that she still respond so there is really a big chance for her to recover.  Al the second also agreed to Azia as he is also engaged in similar situations of patients when he took up Bachelor of Science in Psychology.  Lex also assessed her condition as just a minor  mental illness and family support is of great help.  Lex had also her masters in Psychiatry.    Adna told her friend, ‘’never lose hope, if there would be times when we become weak and hopeless which is called dark times, pray and then think of an inspiration and you can move on.’’

Azia arrived bringing the foods, Adna also joined her in eating and also Al joined them both.  She told Adna, ‘’you are so blessed with your children because you really take good care of them.’’  Adna answered, ‘’I just passed all the ways that Papa Mar and Mom Rona raised me but they are more compassionate than me, especially Azia.  There were many times I wanted to stop serving other people during the times when I was sick and had no work, but Azia with the help of her friends who are  just like my children, lifted me up.  I could not sustain all my works without the help and support of my whole family.  My husband Al is a gift from God to me.

0