Chapter 33
268 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One of the most beautiful part of life is to be a parent.  When it is a prime child, the excitement is up to the sky.  What excites the most is who has familiar face with the baby, the father or the mother or mixed, possibly nose is like the father or eyes are the same with the mother.  Most of the time the first child looks similar to the mother.  They say that the child is intelligent if the mother is intelligent.  Then the second child would look similar with the father and then the third child is already mixed, looks similar  like the father and also  the same  like the mother.  Parents have dreams for their children like sending to an expensive school to get good training, giving the nicest dresses and quite unique toys and giving utmost care in order to be physically fit.  Values are learned in the family and also learned in school.  The first teacher of the children are the parents and also teachers in school are second parents to the children.  As children grew up, parents are optimistic that they become fine young man and woman.  Children who are respectful to parents and other elders.  When parents become weak then the children would become their strength.

Adna and Al went to the next city to visit a good friend, because Adna promised to give her grape plants,  Al the second has so many grape plants in the garden.  Upon reaching their place, she was not yet around as she accompany her daughter to the hospital for check up.  Her daughter would give birth to her first baby anytime this month.  After an hour waiting she arrived.  When she saw Adna and Al she was delighted.  Adna brought food for her and to her children.  They had been talking about a lot of things and she informed Adna that she would be out of town next week.  Adna told her, ‘’that’s good that you can visit another place.  When Adna and Al went home,she told Al, ‘’we will just ride a public vehicle.’’  Then Adna noticed that a neighbor also would ride with them.  Adna asked her, ‘’where did you come from, why are you in this city?  She used to work in that place in one of the establishments there but due to retrenchments, she had to avail of an early retirement.  To Adna’s mind, she was around not for work.  Her husband is Adna’s Uncle, the younger brother of Gio.  Their house is not too close to Adna’’s house but when they encountered problem, she would ask help from Adna.  Her only daughter would also get the chance to visit Adna and told about their relationship problem with her mother.  Her mother is addicted to casino with her friends.  When she asked Adna for help, Adna had her second thought because she has a vice going to casino.  According to her, she built houses for rent in order to shoulder the expense of her husband having a dialysis for kidney problem.  When her husband got sick, her three children including the youngest and the only girl who visited Adna never help in taking care of her husband and also did not give them money for the hospitalization of their father.  What gives them the support for medication is the income she received in the house rentals in her place.    She sound so responsible but the fact that she has a problem, like the expense for dialysis is already lifetime, yet she still spend money for casino.  She could have save it for medications, but to gamble at the casino is not just leisure but a big waste of money and she would become addicted to gambling.  

 

She told Adna that recently she quarrelled with her daughter because of the bad smell of her cats and dogs.  She told Adna that she told her daughter why she did not ask permission that she would extend her house, she is still alive and the property is hers.  Her daughter destroyed her  house as she would transfer to another place.  She blamed her husband who always favor his daughter every time they quarrel.  Adna just listened to her and when Adna was about to pay her fare, she insisted to pay for herself and her companion friend.  So Adna just paid the fare for Al and herself.  Adna then asked her, ‘’why did you not play at the casino near our place, why do you need to to go to the casino at the next city?  Adna was too concerned why she left her husband who is sick if no children are taking care of him too.’’  She answered, ‘’I play there too, but my friend who will also play at the casino lives in the next city.’’  Adna was thinking of what she heard from her daughter talking about her mother who is already addicted to gambling.  She warned Adna not to believe her mother because she is helping her father financially but secretly without the knowledge of her mother as they don’t want that the money will be used in gambling.  Sometimes it is too painful for Adna to say no to her when she asked for help but the daughter was also telling the truth.  She has the capacity to help, her husband works overseas, the wife of her brother also works overseas.  That is why she run out of money because gambling is a game of chance and almost all the time she play at the casino she consume all the money she spent for it.  She never stopped telling Adna about how bad her daughter is.  She even regret why she provided the needs of her daughter growing up.  Many people inside the vehicle closely listened to her.  Adna stayed strong, believing the daughter made Adna aware not to believe her mother who is a gambler.

She was going to the mall where the casino in their place is located.  Adna knew she still would gamble transferring to another casino, maybe believing it was not lucky in the casino where she played first so she and her friend transfer to another casino to try their luck.  Adna told her, ‘’we still would like to drop by to another mall in order to eat, so we will disembark first.’’  Adna really wanted to give money for her husband, but she just controlled herself as she knows there is a big possibility she would use it for gambling as she and her friend are heading to a casino in their place.  Adna told Al, ‘’why is it like that, why she only think of herself and treat her children as her enemies?’’  why she prefer a friend who is like her, a gambler.  While eating at the mall, Al told Adna, ‘’you have to hold your heart, not to help right away because it falls into a wrong hand.’’  When Adna arrived home, she told Lex and Azia about it.  Lex also believed what the daughter was saying.  When her mother quarrels her, the father would always be at her side to defend her, so it is clear that she is doing good to her father not necessarily informing her mother who is becoming irresponsible as a parent and a wife.  Then Lex told her mother Adna, ‘’mom, you have a new bag, it is nice.’’  Adna said, ‘’yes and there are so many parts inside my bag, I hope this will be filled with money.’’  They both laughed, while Al who heard Adna saying that had made a comment, ‘’I won’t stop you in helping especially saving life, but you have to be careful not to be carried away with what they say just to convince you, not all people are good.’’  Adna replied, ‘’yes, I know and thank you for your advice.’’

0