Chapter 40
267 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been twenty three years since Uncle Mike had left physically but his memories specially the good times he spent with Adna is still very much alive.  May 12 is the date when Uncle Mike left, same with Aunt Felip who left same date on the 12th of January and Aunt Feliz same date on the 12th of September. Everyday, Adna offers prayer for them including Papa Mar, Mom, Rona, and Uncle Rom.   They are always remembered in the mind of Adna and still lives in the heart of Adna and her whole family. Uncle Mike was such a simple man, but he always remembered Adna when he harvested his mangoes and jackfruits. Adna’s high school classmate and friend told Adna that the entire month there are different venues for their class reunion together with those who are coming home just for the occasion from different countries.  When Adna learned that one of their itineraries is island hopping, Adna told her, ‘’i can’t go crossing the sea, i do not know how to swim.’’ Adna never forgets the experience she had when she almost drowned and thanks to Uncle Mike who was just standing at the beach where he was within the reach when Adna was almost drowned. ‘’Thanks to Uncle MIke’’, Adna always share this to everyone.

 

All the mothers in the country would be greeted, ‘’Happy Mother’s Day.’’  It is the second Sunday of the month which is dedicated to all Mothers. There are so many flowers displayed at the mall and it is too expensive but many had spent for it for their mothers.  How Adna wished Mom Rona is still alive, so she can also buy her a beautifully arranged flowers. Adna would just greet Mom Rona during her morning prayer. Of course, Al’s mother also is remembered.  For sure, Lex, Azia and Al the second have something special for their mother Adna. Early in the morning, Al, Adna, Azia and Al the second went to the place where they would join the nuga session. It is the first time for Al the second, to experience lying in bed with a heat being felt.  There was also a dancing exercise where Adna joined as well as Al the second. Azia enjoyed watching Al the second and since Lex was not with them, Azia took a video of Al the second who enjoyed dancing together with other people there including her mom. It took them two hours there and after they had their lunch.  Lex who was left at home, was called by Adna but she refused to go to the mall as she was busy doing some paper works so Azia and Al the second had to come home to be with their sister. Al and Adna had to stay at the mall and just enjoy window shopping then eat again because Adna likes to eat just a bit of foods available at the food court of the mall.  After they do the window shopping, they went to another mall to find the materials needed by Al the second for his grape plants. Since it was not available, they transferred to another mall.

 

Adna remembered Al’s mother, who used to go with Adna, Al, Lex, Azia and Al the second to one mall after the other.  Al’s younger sister after being married to a foreigner had migrated to the country of her husband. They petitioned Al’s mother and she became immigrant in the country where Al’s younger sister lived.  Adna was assigned to send all her medicines through a package. She had diabetes, hypertension and she needed to take medication everyday and medicines had to be sent to her. Since both her daughter and the husband were too busy with their work, she was alone at their house.  It took long for the couple to have children. Al’s mother being a high school teacher before she retired was used to have plenty of students so when she was alone in the house, she missed her native land. When Al’s older sister had a business trip to the country where Al’s mother migrated, she told the older sister of Al, ‘’i am going home with you’’.  The younger sister of Al did not expect the decision of her mother as she knew that she was the favorite among her siblings as she is the youngest in the family. Al’s younger sister could not stop her mother and she has no control also of her older sister as she has the character of being a domineering. The older sister of Al purchased a plane ticket for her mother and then they flew right away back home.  She had a regular check up with their family doctor and it was found out that she had already complications. Every time she got hospitalized, Adna took care of her. Her memory started failing but she always remember the name of Adna. One time, a male nurse brought her medicine and she refused to take it. She told the nurse, ‘’i want only Adna, she is the only one i trusted.’’ When Adna who just went to the pharmacy inside the hospital came back, she then told Adna,  ‘’your smile is so familiar, it looks like the smile of Adna.’’ Adna then replied, ‘’it’s me, Adna!’’ Then she laughed, ‘’oh good you are here, a man came and forced to give me something, i think it is a poison, i told him that it is only you whom i trust.’’ The male nurse came in again and asked, ‘’who is Adna?’’ “I am”, Adna replied. The male nurse give to Adna the tablet and said, “she only trust you.’’ Adna received the tablet and gave it to her mother-in-law. It was too easy for Adna to have the tablet taken by her mother-in-law.  The male nurse was amazed with what he witnessed.

 

When Al’s mother was already out of the hospital, the younger sister of Al was so grateful to Adna.  She then asked Adna to accompany her mother when she goes to the beauty salon to fix her hair and have it regularly colored.  During Christmas, she sent money for their mall hopping, together with the children Lex, Azia, and Al the second. Since she was the godmother of both Lex and Azia, the purchase of different toys was also done during the mall hopping.  She was no longer the godmother of Al the second because she could not come home already as she was advised to rest as she was already pregnant, but for sure Al the second is also included in having his many toys during Christmas. Lex, Azia, and Al the second were so blessed that they were given many beautiful toys.  For many years, Adna had served with her hands on to Al’s mother. There was no problem with her medical expenses as she was well provided by the older sister of Al. When she died, it was still Adna who took care of everything. The congregation of the priest whom Adna had helped in finding their place for the seminary, was there all through.  Their presence was sincerely appreciated by Adna and Al. To Al’s mother, To Mom Rona and Mom Liz and to all mothers in the world, you have done an amazing job raising beautiful children physically and spiritually. “”HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL OF YOU, LOVE YOU ALWAYS’’.

0