Chapter 43
265 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterdays chapter~

***

Lex had finally tried the nuga which Adna, Al, Azia and Al the second had already tried.  When they all arrived there, Lex expressed to Azia that she did not like it, “”what is this, it seems like a ward, with so many beds and patients are lying down on bed side by side, and then there is someone interviewing like a nurse.’’  Lex continued, “”i thought we would just be sitting and someone would do the massage.’’ Azia just kept quiet, actually she likes the effect after the nuga bed but what she did not like is the extreme heat of the sun in going there. It is too hot because they would go there after lunch time.  Adna already knew about the character of Lex, she is too expressive and for sure she would not like the set up with many people including the old ones. Since Adna had tried and feel good after days of going there, there’s really a benefit in Adna’s body. Some back aches she felt had been lessened.  Al the second and Azia liked it too. Al also had noticed that he seemed to be faster this time when he walks. After bringing lots of foods, packed of rice, wrapped hand down clothes, Al really felt so much pain on his arms and for this year, Al had felt much pain on his knees. He carried much weight during the time of their rice distribution for Christmas.  He could feel the pain while walking that would made him stop and sit for a while then continue to walk, stop and sit again. He was prescribed medicines by the family doctor of Adna, but still after two months taking the medication,the pain still bothered Al specially when he stands or when he walks. No problem when he is just sitting. Now, that he tried the nuga, he seemed quicker in his movements and can walk quite a long distance.  There is still pain but it is somewhat bearable. Observing Al, Adna then had encouraged him to continue the nuga as it has make him feel better.

 

When  Adna, Al, Lex, Azia, and Al the second were about to go home, one of the attendants approached Adna.  She is a month younger than Adna, but she seemed older looking than her age. She has two children whose age are eighteen and twenty one and are still studying.  She asked Adna about the place where she lived, ‘’your place is near the house of the head of the place/’’ Adna answered, ‘’no, it is far from my place, and why?’’  She answered, ‘’my husband is renting a house there, we had been separated for many years since 2003.’’ She continued, ‘’our house is in the compound of my husband’s family but he left us and he moved to another house with his mistress.’’  Adna told her, ‘’does he have a job?’’ She answered, ‘’yes, he works in the government, with a permanent status.’’ Adna told her, ‘’he is giving you financial support if he has a good job.’’ She answered, ‘’at first yes, but then for many years now he no longer give us financial support.’’  Adna shared to her about the story of Azia’s classmate whose father holds a high position in the government and also did not give support to his family because his priority was the mistress. They also lived in the compound of the father’s family, so her mother was hesitant to claim her right as the legal wife.  Then the wife decided to ask financial support for the needs of her children as they were all studying. Although she was a teacher but her income was not enough to send her children to the university. She decided to move out from their house, find another house just near and she was renting that house. She then filed a case against her husband.  The husband who holds a high rank in the government was never expecting, the law sided to his wife. Only small amount from his salary was given to him. The money he earned was equally shared to his legal children and also for his wife. When he died, the wife went back to the compound of her husband and until the present they live there. Her children are now all working including the classmate of Azia.  Having such a difficult life before, now she is rewarding herself by joining tours to other countries. She has travelled many times and met new friends. The nuga attendant just listened to Adna. Al, Azia and Lex were also listening. Adna then told her, ‘’all you need to do is to have the determination to avail your right as a wife. I know that with your situation, you questioned yourself why he left you and your self-esteem become too low.  You would have doubt with yourself deep inside, as if your dignity is lost. The law will be on your side if you would just be strong and do the legal way.’’ She answered to Adna, ‘’yes, what you say is true. I just join a prayer meeting and as if i am relief.’’ Adna said, ‘’honestly, it is just a denial.’’ There are groups who would help you and they will provide you with lawyers. Just assert your right, and there are also good people who will be on your side.’’  Adna then gave her the contact number of the lawyer who had helped so many already who became victims of their husbands, may it be economic abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse and psychological abuse. Most of those who had been helped are now advocates of abused women to fight for their rights. Adna also shared to her what happened to her classmate who is a doctor. She filed a case against her husband but only legal separation which is separation in bed and separation in property.  Adna at first tried her best to encourage her classmate to fix her marriage for the the benefit of her two sons., but she told Adna everything, what happened to her is more painful that when she lost her parents. So Adna told her to go back to her lawyer and apply another charge which protects the right of the women. The husband so afraid of being imprisoned brought his newly bought car and returned home, asking forgiveness from his wife. When they had reunion with all their classmates, Adna was told by her classmate that her husband is with them.  Adna just felt very happy for her classmate.

 

The nuga attendant took the contact number from Adna, and then she told Adna, ‘’no need to imprison him for as long as he would give financial support to our children who are still studying.’’  Adna replied, ‘’that is good’,and always pray.’’

0