Chapter 45
273 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adna just learned that the expected young Bishop who is Al the seconds godfather, will  not be assigned in the church to replace the monsignor. He is appointed to a much higher position and much bigger responsibility to another diocese somewhere in the northern part of the country.  He really is a good man, he deserved to have such a high position. The people in that area are in good hands, especially the youth. He is really a good mentor. Adna was hoping that he would be assigned in the church where she used to join and attend the Holy Mass.  When he sent money through his driver Mar, in order to pay the tuition of Al the second to have the permit to take the examinations, the young Bishop did not receive any payment from Adna. If he would be assigned in the church where Adna would serve, then Adna could have a little pay back as she is planning to cook delicious foods to the young Bishop as her way of thanking him.  Al the second became professional and if the young Bishop did not pay the tuition of Al the second, the studies of Al the second would have been curtailed. Adna sincerely is so grateful to the young Bishop. Adna hopes to meet the young Bishop any sooner.

 

Adna and Al went to the next city, where she was able to meet few weeks ago the seventy year old woman who suffered lots of illnesses like thyroid problem, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes but because she joined the nuga, she looked younger than her age and also when she moves, it shows that she is still strong and active, specially when she showed her dance steps.  Adna who wanted to see her friend who told her that she would go to a province for one week has not yet returned, she is still in the province. Adna and Al had met a woman when they were going there and she asked Adna to drop by and visit her as it is located just near Adna’s friend. It is easy to locate her house as it is beside a chapel of the Holy Child. Since their house is along the road and she told Adna that there is a vacant room for rent, so Adna felt much interest as she is looking for a place to do tutorial to young students.  They dropped by and checked the room together with the new friend of Adna. The room is too spacious, but going there, they need to pass at the side of the chapel and it is just a very narrow pathway. Al liked the room but as they were standing at the main door facing outside, Adna noticed that there was a deep well with water. A big tree stands at the right side so close to the main door and in front of the small room there is also a big tree. The surroundings were also old houses which was partly destroyed. Adna frankly told her new friend, ‘’the room is nice but it is not good to have a deep well in front of it.  It is dangerous for the children. The price rental she offered to Adna was very affordable, but Al said, the room is nice but the surrounding is not presentable. Adna told Al, ‘’it is because you have been used to our surrounding which are filled with nice plants and the roses which has its full bloomed flowers are very nice to look at.and also the frog grasses which Azia and Al the second had watered much really is pleasing to the eyes. They just thanked the new friend of Adna. Al and Adna had to go back to their city and then they would drop by at the mall to have some snacks.

 

When they reached their city, Adna noticed that there is a store filled with plastic container products.  It is just along side with the hotel where they used to go whenever it is too noisy at home when there are activities.  Adna asked Al to get inside and see what they could buy to start a new business. When Adna was not yet sent by the good Bishop to the Mission Congress, Adna had been doing well with her fashion accessory business.  After the wedding of Adna and Al, they received a check as a wedding gift from Al’s older sister. Adna told Al, ‘’we will use the check we received to start a small business.’’ The business had been doing well and Adna had good relationship with the buyers and its staffs.  They used to come to Adna’s house during birthdays of any of the family member of Adna. During those times, Adna could receive a hundred guests, not like their wedding where guests were only limited to twenty five. Adna could spend money to prepare bounty of foods and also could buy what they need in the family like rice.  Adna had four sacks of rice with fifty kilos each, there consumption for the entire month was less than one sack because the three children, Lex, Azia, and Al the second do not eat much rice. When Adna became a missionary, every meal they need to buy one kilo of rice for them to cook, Al the second was the one who would buy at the store nearby.  There were times that Adna no longer have rice, and Azia’s classmate in high school would bring one sack of rice and another time, Azia’s classmate in the university would bring kilos of rice also. Life being a missionary is full of difficulties. The whole family of Adna had also experienced and shared the hardships in the standard of living. Adna and her family had partake the lives of the indigents they served.  It is almost twenty years now being a missionary and Adna wanted to focus more on being a wife and a mother. Last December 8, her work had been complete.

 

Adna and Al went inside the store filled with plastic container products.  Adna would like to be back to business again but she is not so certain how to start.  She prayed hard to God, she would be given the opportunity to become a business minded woman again just like when her children Lex, Azia, and Al the second were still young, they experienced the comfort in life.  When Papa Mar was alive and also Aunt Felip, their needs were well provided by Adna and Al. ‘’I just want to be back to my normal life’’, Adna told Al. She continued, ‘’we are not getting any younger, we have to fulfill our dreams for our three children, giving them the best life as we could give.  When we grow old and slow, we must not regret of having not prepared.. I must do little business first then with God’s blessings it would flourish.’’ Al just listened to Adna. She can now work hand in hand with Azia and Al the second. They share same interest with their mother.

0