Chapter 48
287 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I now have a Patreon account. If you can and able to, please be my Patron. Achieving the goal/s will be able to increase the release rate of chapters per week. That Patreon account is still in the starting state so, no rewards yet in every tier. I will update it if this Patreon account will have a good start.

https://www.patreon.com/yollythegreat

Thank you! and God Bless!

***

Early in the morning, Adna prepared bread on the table and also the hot chocolate for their breakfast.  When Lex woke up, she did not like to eat bread and she wanted to have heavy breakfast. Adna had not yet cook the rice, so she went out to buy cooked rice at a small restaurant near the house.  Adna noticed that Azia was coming after here to buy something. Adna also bought sugar and Al the second who used to buy a kilo or two kilos of rice was still sleeping, so Adna bought the rice instead.  Adna noticed that for quite some time, she did not see the husband of the new store owner. Lex also told one time to her mom that she no longer see that male owner, because everytime she bought something in that store, he seemed so strict and as if he is always superior.  Lex did not like him, so every time she went there, she always make a comment about the character of that male owner who is just ten years older than her. The wife is quite friendly as she is really native in the place while her husband came from a city going to the south.  Adna asked the wife, ‘’where is your husband? I have not seen him for quite a long time.’’ She answered, ‘’he is staying in the place where he came from together with his parents.’’ Adna asked again, ‘’did you both have quarreled each other.’’ She looked at Adna and with teary eyes she answered, ‘’yes, it has been three months since he left.’’  Adna told her, ‘’your two children are already big, they are more than ten years old i guess, except your son who is the youngest, it means that your marriage is not just recent, you have been living with each other for many years, why only now that you break up?’’ She did not answer Adna, but it was very clear that she was sad. Adna told her, there are many ups and downs in marriage, and so many factors which could cause disagreements, like financial problem, vices, relationship with extended families or even having someone else.’’  She then answered, ‘’money is not the problem and there is also no third party, it is really his character that matters.’’ Adna was not surprised with her answer, many times Lex had encountered the character of her husband every time she buys at their store.

 

The store owner was just sitting as there were no customers, so Adna gave to Azia all that she bought and told Azia to go home first.  She started talking to the store owner named Beth, ‘’it is not easy to be in that situation, specially that you have three children. You always call each other ‘’honey’’ but the marriage is now shakened.  You also have to think of the effect more specifically on the psychological effect to your children. In school, when they would see their classmates with both parents coming with them, then they would surely feel bad about it knowing that their  father is no longer with them. No matter how they would show to you that they are okay, but in truth, they have so many questions in mind, and there follows the emotional hurt deep inside their hearts.’’ Beth just kept silent all the time but she closely listened to Adna with her eyes looking straight to Adna.  Her mother who was the original owner of the store went to the main island because she needed to go to her sister who had been imprisoned for the longest time for the case of killing her husband. It so happened that they went to Adna’s friend who is a doctor and had same marital problem, in order to testify in court that the crime she committed was due to her mental insanity as her defense.  The doctor did not testify for a reason that she is not a psychiatrist doctor. The mother had no time to give advice to her daughter. What matters the most to her is having business and the coming in of money. She did not even take good care of her eldest daughter who was working and she was very ill, then she died on her sleep. All that matters to her is making money and she mostly spend time with her sisters and not much with her own family more particularly her two daughters who now have families, respectively.   Beth showed eagerness in listening to Adna, ‘’your sister is physically gone for good, and your husband can return to you anytime. Whether you like it or not, time would also come that any of you would go first without return. Why make it the soonest? You can still reconcile with each other and the one who should make the first move is you. It is always the wife who would do the first move as if driving a vehicle and you are the one in control of the steering wheel. How you would use it, it gives the result of everybody with you inside the vehicle you are driving.  If you would not handle with much care, then you would surely fall into the cliff, but if you care so much the persons riding with you because they are your family then you would be very careful in driving the vehicle where you are heading to. It is also uncommon to leave someone behind, you would always love to see everybody with you. If you say that you are abused physically and he became violent to you then that would be the time that you would stay away from him, but if it is just the character, then that is part of loving a person. You do not need to love what is good of him, what is necessary is to love his defects, to accept his shortcomings and fall backs.  You came from two different upbringings, when you live together then you are totally different from each other. Bring back the time when you were so attracted to him, the time when you always miss him and do not allow to give big space separating you both because someone might fill in.’’ Adna noticed that her face became delighted although her eyes just hold her tears for many customers would come and would wonder what is happening. She stood up and came close to Adna and said, ‘’thank you so much.’’ Adna told her, ‘’we still have no breakfast at home, so i hope i have spent time to make your burdens light. Always think of your children, you cannot right away decide on your own.  Never forget God to be all the time part of your relationship as a couple. You need God every second of your life just like breathing air which gives life.’’

0