Ruined World (4)
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The giant carcass fell on top of the trees, causing some of the branches to break off.

Liu Kai was calm about what just happened. He feels enlightened after using his skills. It felt strange to him that his body was able to execute all of those movements like it was well-trained for it.

"This is bizarre." Liu Kai said as he ogled his own body. He glanced over to Jin Chow and started to walk towards him.

This action prompted Jin Chow to back away and shouted. "Don't come near me. You’re a freak."

Giant cockroaches are one of the weakest creatures that emerged after the catastrophe. However, it was still mind-blowing to an ordinary survivor to see it be defeated with a single blow.

"What year is it right now?" Liu Kai asked.

"K2." Jin Chow answered.

When the 10th World Monarch created the domains, He devised the 'Alphanumeric Method,’ a new method in counting the years. The year A, the year The Domains were made, marking the start of a new era. After A, they called the following year B. Then it proceeds until it reaches Z then then called the following year A2, then B2, then C2, and so on.

The World Monarch had absolute authority over everything and absolute power over anyone. The 10th World Monarch believed that someone would use this power and control for their benefit somewhere down the line if they keep the same tradition.

So, he unselfishly stripped himself of absolute power and divided the authority to Ten Domains. Everyone tried to oppose his idea of changing the tradition, especially the Great Sages, who served the World Monarchs for ages, but that was his last absolute order, and no one can't change his mind.

Domains were created to have more control over smaller groups of people, making it easier to keep peace and order unlike before, where they only had just one Monarch for the whole world.

Everyone panicked at first with all the changes that happened, but that didn't take long. It quickly turned out to be the start of prosperity in all parts of the world. The creation of The Ten Domains was considered the most remarkable event in history, also called The Year of A1.

Each domain, consisting of multiple countries, has its own rules implemented by their respective Monarchy based on their needs. The Monarchies are also responsible for the commercial of all businesses and everything related to exchanging products to all the countries in its territory.

Monarchies have their very own Monarch that will be held responsible for all of its people. It is also their job to keep implementing rules and regulations to ensure that everyone will be safe, maintaining peace and order. However, rules change from time to time to accommodate the majority of people's needs.

The Monarchy, responsible for its domain, must sustain all people's needs as they cannot seek help from other domains. So they need to control the population of its people, sending people to different agencies. A great example would be the agricultural agencies, which have a significant impact on food resources.

It's being taught in school, and everyone knows about it. Even Liu Kai, who was always bored with his life, is interested in the Domains History Books and the Life of the Last World Monarch, the 10th World Monarch. After that, all of the successors can only be Domain Monarchs.

This was how Liu Kai remembered the world.

His accident happened in the year I2, meaning he was asleep for two years.

"So, I was asleep for two years whole years!?" Liu Kai said.

"You were asleep the whole year of J2? So that's why you don't know what's going on? How did you even survive?" Jin Chow was perplexed by what Liu Kai said.

"I'm the one asking the questions here. Explain everything that happened while I was asleep." Liu Kai said in a threatening tone.

"Alright, relax." Jin Chow tried to calm himself down.

"Where should I start?"

"Promise to listen to me carefully. This will be hard to comprehend for you because many things happened, so please save your questions and reactions for later and just listen. This will be a long story." Jin Chow warned him.

"Alright, I'll do my best." Liu Kai answered. They both sit like an Indian to the ground.

"The year J2, when The Great Catastrophe happened. A powerful earthquake, which lasted for about 30 minutes, killed millions of people, and that phenomenon made all of the countries to converge.

The seas that separated the countries vanished and the sudden changes caused chaos. Even the Domain Monarchs weren't prepared and didn't know what to do with the World's Geography changes.

Everyone thought that the 10th World Monarch would rise again to take the absolute authority and lead us, including the nine Domain monarchs. Yet to our surprise, he went missing. All hope seemed to have been lost. However, people took to his teachings that acted as a guide. He taught us that everyone should be dependable and to do something to help. That's why everyone worked hard to contribute to the restoration of their world even if he wasn't there to guide us.

Discovering that most people showed signs of inhuman abilities that made their lives more comfortable, everyone worked very hard to restore peace and order and return to their old lives. But before they can completely recover, almost a year after the catastrophe, creatures like goblins, dwarves, and large bugs came from an unknown origin. Slimes were also found, but they were pretty harmless.

The Monarchies think that the invaders are all coming from the right part of the world since they found out that all of the Domains converged in seven different locations on the left part. But for the other three Domains, they are nowhere to be found in the east. Everyone tried to search for them, but an eternal hurricane covered the Seven Domains here, and no one could get out.  And they still haven't found out how most of the people had abilities after the catastrophe.

Everyone was educated correctly and lived their lives to the fullest for a long time, so they also severely want it back. With this kind of mindset of the people, it won't be hard for the Domain Monarchs to supervise everyone."

Based on Jin Chow's explanation, everything changed in the year J2.

 

1