Ruined World (7)
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They put the heavy wagon down in a clear and flat space and set the branches underneath the giant cockroach to cook it.

"The meat is only about 10% of the entire body. It's still quite a lot considering how big it is." Jin Chow explained to Liu Kai, who just stood still and stared at the fire that grew bigger every second.

The crackling of the fire, the sound of the wind brushing through the leaves of the trees, and the sky that bled crimson from the sunset, calmed Liu Kai's mind from all the questions and from everything that happened to him since he woke up. He stood still and waited for the insect to burn to a crisp.

"Alright! It's finally ready. Let's dig in." Jin chow announced. Snapping Liu Kai out of his trance.

"Okay… Where should I start? Uggh..." Liu Kai approached the steaming cockroach and tried to look for the part of the burnt body that might have meat inside.

"Here check this out. These are the easiest ones." Jin Chow showed Liu Kai as he ripped a leg off and revealed something that looked like crab meat but had a light pink shade.

He handed it to Liu Kai and urged him to try it.

Liu Kai took a bite and chewed but tried not to think about the taste. As he swallowed the meat quickly, a status window appeared in front of him, and voices started ringing inside his head again.

[You are trying to intake a foreign object]

'What is it now?' Liu Kai complained as if to converse with the messages in his head.

[Points will be added to your Stats]

[The system is currently generating the points]

[Intake amount insufficient, system failed to generate points]

'Point? What points? Are you saying if I ate more of this thing I would get points for my status?' Liu Kai then realized the benefits of the system he was unfamiliar with and ate it. He thought it might be the start of something great and got excited.

"You know what Jin Chow? You were right earlier. Insects are highly nutritious." Liu Kai declared as he ripped the hard skin off the leg to eat more of the meat inside. He chewed and swallowed like he was starving for it.

"Well, I didn't expect you to like it that much. Here, have some more." Jin Chow offered as he stared at him awkwardly before taking part.

The status window grabbed Liu Kai's attention earlier and wasn't able to taste the meat's flavor. As he thought about it, it's not that bad. It somehow tasted like a greasier version of a chicken.

[Points will be added to your Stats]

[The system is currently generating the points.]

After seeing the status window, Liu Kai tried to eat as much as possible to gather even more points. He saw it appear multiple times while he was consuming the meat.

[The system successfully processed generating the points]

3 points will be added to Perception.

1 point will be added to Power.

1 point will be added to Agility.

[Stats updated]

[Status Window]

Agility: 9(+1)*

Power: 6(+1)*

Stamina: 10

Mentality: 15

Durability: 7

Perception: 3(+3)*

*Permanently added.

Liu Kai felt the changes as soon as the points were added to his Stats.

"Something's coming!" Jin Chow loudly whispered as he stopped eating and looked to his sides. He darted around, trying to sense which direction it was coming from, but it was still unseen.

Liu Kai was a few seconds late to notice and only sensed it after focusing.

"I can't tell where it's coming from." Liu Kai said as he looked around.

"It feels familiar. It might be a Giant Centipede." Jin Chow whispered as he stepped closer to Liu Kai.

"What!? More giant insects!?" Liu Kai complained in a loud whisper.

"Yeah, and it might be the one that killed my whole team."

"Are you being serious!?"

"Yes… Yes, I am." Jin chow worriedly said as both of them felt the presence getting closer.

"We need to get out of here! You said something about a safe place to hide earlier, let's go there now! You go first and lead the way, I'll follow you from behind." Jin Chow hurriedly told Liu Kai.

Liu Kai understood the situation and ran with Jin Chow, following him from behind.

"Where are we heading? We already passed here earlier, and I didn't see a cave or any good place to hide." Jin Chow doubted.

"Shut up and just follow me." Liu Kai didn't even bother to look at him and kept going. After a few minutes of running, he instantly stopped as soon as he saw the lump of grass and dirt piled on top of the manhole cover.

"It's here. Hey, help me dig this up." Liu Kai asked for help as he kept digging.

"Here it is." As soon as Liu Kai said that he opened the cover using the same pin, he used to open it earlier.

"Is this a well?" Jin Chow asked.

"It's not come on, let's go." Liu Kai then jumped into the hole. Jin Chow, having no choice, jumped in too. They could hear the cover closing after they both landed inside the tunnel.

"It's so dark here. Are you sure this place is safe?" Jin Chow complained.

"We have no other choice." Liu Kai mocked him when he complained about eating the cockroach.

"How do you even know about this place?"

"That's not important. Let's start a fire first." Liu Kai slowly walked towards the wall and felt around to see if he could find the torch he left behind. It was pitch black and was dead silent. The only sound that can be heard was from their breath and movements. After some time, Liu Kai found the torch and asked Jin Chow.

"Hey, I got the torch, can you light it up with your fire starter?"

Jin Chow took out the obsidian rocks he used to light the fire for cooking the cockroach and scratched them together to create some sparks and light it up.

 

1