Suicide Mission (2)
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Try knocking them out!" Liu Kai barked as he pounded on their head, but it wasn't working. They started getting scratched and bites from the crazed people. They couldn't hold them off any longer and received more and more damage.

[Health is below 50%]

[Skill Berserk will now be: Activated]

[Health is reduced to 40%]

50 total points are now added to all of your stats.

Liu Kai felt a quick surge of strength as soon as the messages rang in his head. Jin Chow felt Liu Kai's aura spike and deduced that he activated his skill.

"Damn it! I don't care anymore. We don't have a choice, do we? Ahhhhh! INDESTRUCTIBLE!!" Jin Chow roared after he felt Liu Kai activate his skill.

"Liu Kai follow me. I'll create a path. Let's just hope this doesn't kill anybody." Jin Chow said as he lowered his stance and put one foot in front of the other, ready to move.

"Sorry guys. This won't kill you, but it ain't gonna tickle either."

"BURUUU-DOZA BASSHUUUU!!!"

(Bulldozing Bash)

Jin Chow charges forward, hurling everyone in his path.

"Heh. He didn't take me seriously back then, noh?" Liu Kai smiled and mumbled to himself before he swiftly followed the pathway Jin Chow created.

"Hey! Let's go above the trees, they won't be able to follow us there." Liu Kai said as he jumped up to climb the tall trees and landed on the branches. Jin Chow followed his example and jumped up as well.

Liu Kai once again felt the mysterious figure but stronger since they shortened the distance quite a bit.

"Jin Chow, let's move in this direction. Let's use the trees and jump from branch to branch." Liu Kai suggested.

"Okay, but why in that direction? Are you feeling what I'm feeling in that direction?" Jin Chow asked as he noticed that most of the frantic people were coming from that area.

"Yes, I can feel a powerful presence, the person behind all of this is right over there at the back. We need to stop him before he can have more victims." Liu Kai explained.

Jin Chow took a deep breath before he agreed. "Okay, let's do it."

They both took off to look for the powerful presence they felt.

****

After a while, Jin Chow and Liu Kai heard someone shouting for help. They sprinted to check but stopped dead in their tracks to see the disturbing event transpired right before their eyes.

A giant wasp was using its ovipositor, its tube-like organ, injecting something into the living woman crying for help.

The giant wasp released the woman. She fell on the ground with her saliva drooling from mouth wide open. Her body contorted on the floor. After which, the brown orb in her eyes turned dull—she lost consciousness. They gasped in horror, but dread surged on their spine as she stood up, looking at them with her eyes without pupils.

This caused Liu Kai to falter in his voice, "She's no different from the people we encountered earlier."

"What was that?" Jin Chow gagged as he covered his mouth with his hand, trying to keep himself from vomiting.

This confirmed Liu Kai's thoughts. They were no longer alive. The wasp is controlling them with whatever it injected them.

"Jin Chow, it looks like we can't save them. It's a pity, but we can at least end their suffering. To do that, we have to kill that bug." Liu Kai fumed after he saw what the Giant Wasp was doing.

"Are you kidding me? There's no way we can beat that! That's an A-Rated Insect! We can't defeat that with just the two of us," Jin Chow argued, but the look in Liu Kai's eyes told him he had already decided.

"You may be right, but more people will fall victim if we do nothing. Did you see how many people it already turned into some kind of mindless beast?" Liu Kai argued against it and tried to convince him.

"If we fight that thing, we'll be like those victims. How can we even fight if all of them constantly attack us? We can't fight an A-rated Bug and deal with them at the same time. Besides, there's no one to save anymore." Jin Chow debated.

"You're wrong. There's still a single woman alive." Liu Kai pointed his finger to the woman who was held by two other humans who got injected already.

"Nothing will come out of this argument. If you're too scared to fight then go, I'll stay here and kill that thing before it's too late." Liu Kai scoffed as he moved to jump off the branch, but Jin Chow was determined not to let him fight.

"I won't let you!” He said as he grabbed Liu Kai's wrist to stop him and pleaded, "Please. I've seen too many people die already."

"People will keep dying if we do anything to stop it. I'm sorry, but I have to at least try." Liu Kai then pushed Jin Chow out of the way.

"Liu Kai stop!" Jin Chow groaned, but he couldn't do anything anymore.

Liu Kai jumped off the branch to charge and attack the Giant Wasp, who was still injecting egg-like objects into humans. They couldn't escape the others that were already turned into mindless beings.

[Activate Probability]

[Probability is activated]

-Probability's Die(Dice) resulted in number 3.

-Power will multiply by 3.

Liu Kai shifted the power to his right arm while still in the air, plummeting towards the Giant Wasp. He landed the attack on its back but was ineffective. Its exoskeleton was more formidable than steel. Liu Kai doesn't have enough power even to scratch its skin.

The giant wasp wiggled its back and threw Liu Kai on the ground. Liu Kai stood up and faced the giant wasp waiting for him to recover. It tilted its head while facing him and its two gigantic eyes looking at him.

BZZZZ! BZZZ!

At that time, Liu Kai realized the gravity of the situation he entered.

 

1